NEXX X.D1 Dualsport Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dualsportrider12, Nov 28, 2014.

1. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I emailed formotorbikes in the UK and these helmets don't have any VAT charges. Kinda strange
  2. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought it was strange at first but I really like the feeling of pulling down the shield with my thumb and middle finger on either side. That said I've only done it on the couch. :D

Recessed? Not sure what you mean but the shield is smooth. Pinlock is firmly held in place by two pins on either side. No way it can move or slide.

The UK allows sellers to exclude VAT of sales outside of the UK. Germany collects it and you can be reimbursed by customs.
  3. spaceman_spiff

Oddometer:
    This is what I was told about the VAT

A very good thought, but unfortunately ECE approved helmets, such as the XD1, are VAT exempt to encourage their adoption versus non-approved helmets.

Sorry, we would have deducted the VAT had it been applicable.
  4. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Yes, it is necessary. When you go from ripping up a dirt road to first gear single track in the cold, you'll appreciate the PinlockĀ… every time. I've had to jump off the bike to help others muscle their bikes over downed trees, pick them up, move debris, etc. Gotta have it. Not everybody rides to Starbucks. I won't buy a DS helmet without one. Thanks for the excellent pics Deviantmoto.
  5. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah, wasn't aware of a local exemption. You could take Schussboelie up on the offer and you'd save 20%, the Euro is super weak right now so you'd might still be better off... maybe. But really after shipping you'd probably be pretty close to breaking even. Guess it depends on how soon you want it. :wink:
  6. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    In the description here: http://www.formotorbikes.com/nexx-xd1 note the sentence;
    At the recent IMS show in Washington DC, I had a chance to look at the Nexx booth and they didn't have the XD1 yet but did have their other helmets. The main visor did in fact have a recessed area around the perimeter which would prevent the Pinlock insert from slipping down. I assumed based on the wording in the description that this feature was included in the XD1 as well.
  7. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope. Shield is smooth. But I really don't see how the insert could move. It's never moved on my X-Lite.
    [​IMG]
  8. OSUgasman

OSUgasman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Soooooo, can we get one on sale in the States?
  9. spaceman_spiff

Oddometer:
    The only way to get one on sale would be to have someone in Germany get you one from Louis.de and ship it to you.
    Although their site says worldwide shipping, they don't ship to the states...
  10. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    This thread is making me very excited about tomorrow, even though I know that I'll most likely just be ordering the helmet to pick up later... :clap
  11. pinglow

pinglow Adventurer wannabe!

Oddometer:
    I am not sure if the main visor edge recess is for keeping water out or pinlock from slipping but I saw a bad vid review on it. It acts like a magnifying glass with the shield in halfway blinding your eyes if any light shine thru it.
  12. coolair

coolair n00b

Oddometer:
  13. DantesDame

Oddometer:
    My husband and I went to Louis.de today and placed our order (2 helmets). Mine will be in before my husband's, but we'll pick them up at the same time, in about three weeks. :clap :clap :clap

Because of this thread I looked more closely at the pinlock system. To me it looks like any other pinlock I've seen. I guess I don't get what the discussion is about? :dunno
  14. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hahahaha. Add about an hour of cursing to the X-Com install video and you'd be close to the actual experience.

Oh and the Pinlock/Visor thing is moot since the shield on the X.D1 is smooth and not recessed.
  15. pinglow

Oddometer:
    Louis has been GREAT! For sure I recommend them. I was too eager and ordered the XD1 without realising there is a 20% discount. I emailed them hoping for a discount knowing that they have the right not to give. But they did. I got the 20% refunded back to my credit. :clap
  16. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Louis have been really good to me. It's actually kind of a shock since customer service is, near as makes no difference, non existent in Germany. They are the only company I've dealt with, from BMW dealers, to DHL, to local supermarkets, that have a clue how to treat customers.

Glad I could help.

Donations towards my next purchase welcomed. :wink:
  17. DantesDame

Oddometer:
    Yes, I'm looking forward to improving my German so I can actually communicate with them more clearly and reap the rewards of their customer service!

Customer service in this area (generally) sucks :topes
  18. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you plan on going back sign up for their customer card. There are always sales and you could end up saving up to 8% (if you spend enough).
  19. DantesDame

Oddometer:
    We signed up when we ordered the helmets. Now we'll be "in the know" the next time they have 20% off :deal
  20. pinglow

Oddometer:
    Why don't you pm me your name and city where you live?

I am going to email them to compliment their good service and I will mention to them your contribution and this great forum so that they can give you some credits.:deal