NEXX X.D1 Dualsport Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dualsportrider12, Nov 28, 2014.

1. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Webbikeworld made a comment about this when reviewing one of their other helmets. They use the smaller shell size for the size large. I tried on a couple models at the IMS show and it was VERY tight getting it on and it did fold my ears over. Once it was on, it was snug and comfortable. I tried the XL which has the larger shell size and while much easier to get on, it was too loose on my head.

Oh and interesting about the shield. Thanks.
  2. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    According to the interwebs the X.D1 shell sizes are XS-M, and L-XXL.

If you got a big head it might account for the added weight as claimed weight on mine (with visor and shield) is 1500 +- 50 grams. But I got no scale.
  3. deucalion

deucalion Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Touratech is all carbon
  4. pinglow

pinglow Adventurer wannabe!

Oddometer:
    Ok I just found out the interchangeable offroad mouth piece is not included. Although I do not have any need for it soon.
  5. spaceman_spiff

spaceman_spiff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yours in particular or they all come without it and it's something extra you have to purchase?
  6. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Neither of the helmets I've seen had it and it's not listed on the product description. That said the description also does not include the pinlock which some helmets appear to include and does list a recessed shield which does not appear to be included.

Needless to say there seem to be some consistency issues.
  7. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    So the RevZilla does list the off road vent as included and the pinlock, but Nexx official and Louis do not.

Even though I don't need it, and likley will never use it, Nexx will hear about it if they start including stuff the early run helmets did not have. :deal
  8. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is possible there is a US spec version. Notice also the price disparity. Louis sells the basic XD1 for 350 Euros (can't figure out how to make that sign on my computer) and formotorbikes has them for 269 pounds. Both of which translate into roughly $400 USD. Meanwhile, Revzilla is listing the same helmet for $449 USD. It is possible little extras might be coming on the US version or it is also possible they set the suggested price higher for the US because they think the supply/demand situation will justify a higher price.
  9. pinglow

Oddometer:
    I hope Nexx remake/recall the top screw for securing the peak to the helmet. Either that or trim down under the peak at the top screw hole. Mine cannot be screwed in anymore. It is not long enough. The threads are finished. I think it came from the factory like that. I had wanted to use my own screw but currently in my storage I cannot find the right size yet. I can screw in without the rubber washer but then water is gonna get in.

Attached Files:

10. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    That sucks. Hope it's the bolt and not the "nut" inside the helmet. Mine goes in and out fine.
  11. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    I'd be intersted in more info about the Bluetooth unit. I have a Sena smh10 now. I see the Nexx is essentially a Sena unit. How would it compare to my current one? All I really want it for is listening to music and ocasional chat with my buddies.

It's new helmet time and I'm trying to decide between this and the new Hornet. I've ruled the Arai XD out as swapping shields is a pain (I'm a tinted shield guy) and the aerodynamics of it don't agree with my 950. The flip down sun visor is ok but I'd prefer an easy on easy off face shield.

Also, where the heck can I try one on? ONE dealer in all of Georgia? Really?
  12. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    So a super quick ride report.

Disclaimer. It was cold a shit, 40F (4ish C), and still pretty wet out.

Initial Review:
    A winter helmet this is not. Even with the vents closed I got a decent breeze up my nose. That said, I was only slightly uncomfortable even at speed. With the primary shield down the interior shield fogged up at stops but cleared up the second I got moving again. I like having the shield up and not losing the sun protection (my first lid with this feature). There was a slight whistle from the peak at over 100kph when I turned my head. Aerodynamics seem really good up to 120kph (as fast as I got), wind did not try to lift the lid at all. Fit was good and despite weighing more than my CF it was not an issue over the course of an hour. Lid was over all pretty quiet, maybe not as good as some touring helmets but as good or better than my previous sportbike helmets. Xcom is more than loud enough, GPS scared the shit out of me when I turned it all the way up and forgot about it. SO really, no actual complaints so far.
  13. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    As far as I know it's very similar to the Sena SMH10R, but the buttons are bigger and easier to find with gloves on. Also where the SMH10R only has the battery pack this has the cpu and the battery that are separate. Had no issues at all using it. I paired it with a friends SMH10R and it was easy as pie. There is a tinted shield available, I'll very likely be ordering that at some point. Shield is easy enough to take on and off, but you do have to remove the visor first. I'd love it if they made a clear internal visor for the "shit the sun went down and I'm an hour away from home" occasions.
  14. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the comment! And I have thought many times about a tinted outer shield and clear drop down. Not only for night but offroad that would be excellent.
  15. pinglow

Oddometer:
    "Female nut" inside the helmet is fine. It's brass or something metal whereas the screw is plastic. I understand why it's plastic. So if you hit something and your peak came off you replace only the screw. But make a stronger plastic screw like what shoei did with their translucent plastic screw..
  16. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like delivery times are getting pushed further and further back. Anyone else get theirs from Louis yet?
  17. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Ours aren't due until next week.

Trust me: you'll know when I've gotten mine :smile6
  18. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure if you've checked recently but Helmets that were supposed to ship Week 7 are now week 10. Not sure if that's because all the week 7 ones are accounted for or if they are delayed. Hope it's because they are already out.
  19. pinglow

Oddometer:
    Some wind noise not loud, I tried on my xd1. But there is a buzzing knocking noise from the peak. I held on to the peak and no noise. I am using without the top screw rubber washer so no sure if it will help with it on.
  20. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty certain that washer is supposed to be there. My Visor had no issues at all.

Would suggest calling Louis or contacting Nexx directly. Something is obviously not right.