NEXX X.D1 Dualsport Helmet

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Dualsportrider12, Nov 28, 2014.

1. pinglow

pinglow Adventurer wannabe!

Oddometer:
    Louis sent me a new screw. But it was damaged on its way to me. The whole stem broke off from the turning tab. :cry Back to search my own screw. On the other hand Nexx did not reply to my email at all, as I've expected ...:huh
  2. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    Following this thread, and kind of was interested. :ear

Is manufacturer support a big deal? Well, for me kind of. I don't like the fact that a simple email couldn't be sent, especially about a broken part, from their helmet. :huh

I'm also looking at a Caberg Tourmax, so between the two, it seems that Caberg offers a little better product/support, from my research.

So, I'll keep watching this and the Caberg thread, but for me right now, it's the Caberg.
  3. Schussboelie

Schussboelie Kicking up dirt Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally got one ordered and at a pretty sharp price too if I might add.
    € 313 + € 4 shipping from the Netherlands to Belgium.
    They are out of stock however and delivery is planned for halfway March.
  4. pinglow

pinglow Adventurer wannabe!

Oddometer:
    I requested for Louis to send me another screw. Why? I found that the nut is M6. You just need to use a bit more force to screw the bolt in.
  5. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got a solid few hours in with the lid and gotta say I like it quite a lot. Solid, comfortable, little noisy, but overall I'm happy with it. Going to test out some more configurations but expect that I'll be happy with it going forward.
  6. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I called the local shop and the 2nd helmet hasn't come in yet. I rode over today to pick up mine but traffic was so miserable I turned around and came home. I'll just wait 'til their both there...

Glad to hear that initial reviews are favorable. DeviantMoto - what other helmets fit you? I have an "Arai head" and am hoping that this fits the same.
  7. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got a pretty average "M" so just about everything fits me... for the most part. I used to be a Shoei guy before I started in on the European brands a few years ago.
  8. Schussboelie

Oddometer:
  9. ejschulz

ejschulz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    does anyone know if Nexx will have a Dealer at Daytona Bike Week.. I would like to see one before i order..

Thank you
    Eddie
  10. DantesDame

Oddometer:
    Just got the call that the second helmet is in!

Unfortunately my schedule won't allow me to pick it up until Saturday morning. If the weathers good we'll do a post-pick up test ride :clap
  11. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    Picked up my X.D1 today, here are some first impressions: The helmet looks quite nice (I have the white/black version, "voyager"), construction seems to be solid. The sun beak's position is fixed, it cannot be moved. But by attaching the extension you can adapt the beak somewhat to your needs. It should help a great deal in keeping the sun out of your face.

The mechanism to remove and especially re-attach the visor or beak is aggravating, to say the least. The "three helmets in one"-concept is nice, but for it to work you need a visor mechanism that works easily and reliably. I am not sure the X.D1's mechanism will be up to the task, but only long term use will tell. Then again, I do not plan to remove the visor or beak very often at all, so it works for me.

Size reference: I usually wear a Schuberth S2 in size L (58-59cm), while with the Nexx X.D1 I chose a size M (57-58cm). Getting into the helmet can be a bit tricky, but once inside it is very comfortable overall. I also use glasses and did not feel any pressure spots. That said, I only wore the helmet for 0.75 hours so far, things could of course change after a couple of hours.

Noise: It was substantially louder than my Schuberth S2, but silly me did close the visor properly, which might have contributed to the overall noise experience. :rofl Seriously, you have to push the visor down pretty hard and then it locks in the "closed" position, I only found that out later back home. So no idea really about how noisy it really is.

I got mine from Louis, it came with the "offroad" front vent, the pinlock visor and also with the action cam mounting system in the box, but without the mounting system for goggles.
  12. DantesDame

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the mini review :thumbup
  13. ADVSearcher

ADVSearcher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tip ... had an order in for 314 euro & was waiting for the promised delivery in mid-March.

It was ok to cancel it & reorder for the lower price :D Delivery on their web-site is again 10 workdays so that's still mid-March.

Oh ... the lower price was apperantly valid until today (March 3:rd).
  14. Schussboelie

Oddometer:
    It was exactly the same for me!
    I had already paid the € 314 and delivery was scheduled for mid March.
    They will refund me however, great customer service! :clap
  15. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not to turn anyone off of this helmet, I do actually like it, but Nexx seems to have fulfillment issues. I've now ordered 4 helmets and only one of them seems to have come with all the accessories.

1) No Pinlock (wrong color)
    2) No off road breath guard (the one I have now)
    3) Had everything
    4) NO accessories at all, totally didn't put any in the box.

Really hope this is just growing pains/fulfillment issues and not a sign of things to come.
  16. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    Some followup information after I went for a longer ride with the X.D1: With the lid properly closed, the helmet is only slightly noisier than my Schuberth S2 (I guess with the F650GS's wind shield, any helmet will be noisy:rofl). I am also happy to report that the helmet's beak does not generate any noticeable noise (no rattling/whining).

The helmet seems to be *very* well ventilated, actually probably too much so for winter use. It gets pretty cold around my chin/mouth with the vents closed. Should be great in summer, less so right now.

The field of view is excellent, no obstructions. The beak extender offers just the right amount of length to play with (from "barely visible" to "blocks the sun"). All in all I am very happy with the helmet and hope my favorable initial impression will be confirmed on my next big trip (3.5 weeks in May :freaky).
  17. DantesDame

Oddometer:
    :clap

So glad to hear this! We're picking ours up tomorrow morning. I want to take a long test ride with them on Sunday (we're having some great weather this weekend), but all of that venting might prove too much. Or I'll just wear my turtle fur and deal with it :D
  18. Deviant

Deviant Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. DantesDame

Oddometer:
    We own half a dozen Buff's and love 'em (obviously), but for real winter warmth and comfort, you need a Turtle Fur :raabia
  20. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    Polar buff for winter, Merino or Coolmax buff for summer, wouldn't want to ride without them. :clap

Good luck with your trip to Louis tomorrow Dante, I hope you won't get stuck in traffic too much. Crossing the border is can be quite tedious these days...