1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Nexx X.VILITUR

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by dr. jones, Nov 22, 2018.

1. dr. jones

dr. jones Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    a new touring modular from Nexx - looks good so far: Nexx X.VILITUR

it's also posted on the Nexx North American facebook page, so i assume that means it will be available in the states at some point.

tech sheet here

[​IMG]
    Steve Glenn and Fosters like this.
  2. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    heard back from the US Nexx rep - these will be coming to the US in Jan/Feb of 2019.
  3. Snaga

Snaga AstroMoto

Oddometer:
    Seems like some fairly negative reviews on the Facebook page. Anyone on here have any experience?
  4. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    haven't seen any reviews for this specific model (vilitur). their other models seem to do ok on revzilla and the other review sites - the usual mix of pros/cons.
    Snaga likes this.
  5. Falp

Falp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tried one but did not ride with it!

Nice construction and finish and seem very noise conscious...

Seemed on pair or better with my favorite modular helmet, the Schubert C3.

Some who have tried it say it's better than the Shoei and Schubert models...
  6. goombadave

goombadave Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone else have this helmet? Looks like a great option
  7. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    i looked at one back at the NYC motorcycle show, but it was too small to try on. it felt a little flimsy, but again, only spent a minute with it. the rep said it was the first one in the US and just a demo.

i ended up buying the Nexx X.WED 2 Duna, and like it, but don't love it. all the plastic pieces feel like they're gonna break at some point. fit is tight, but that's not a build issue, just my fat head. i also dislike the cutout for the integrated sena unit x-com unit. that comm is already outdated and the cutout makes mounting any other comm unit more difficult. i sure hope these integrated setups are just a fad.

i'd like to try on a vilitur, if only to see if it's better/worse that the X.WED. sadly, i've never seen any Nexx helmets in a store, only online. makes trying them on kinda hard.
  8. goombadave

goombadave Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I have a Nexx XD1 and I’m mostly happy with it. I agree that the Xcom is outdated. It’s unfortunate that so many helmets have their integrated comms locked into one model. The Vilitur uses the Xcom 2 system but I haven’t found much info on it
    dr. jones likes this.
  9. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    i was hoping the Xcom 2 would be backwards compatible, but the Nexx rep said it will only work with the newer helmets (vilitur). the older helmets (ours) are stuck with the original Xcom. another strange decision.

i had an icon variant for 5+ years and never realized how good it was until i started looking for a new lid.
  10. Falp

Falp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tried a Nexx Vilitour again yesterday at a shop. The construction, fit, and noise isolation felt so good that the Schubert C3 Basic I tried after (same price) seemed a cheap helmet in comparison...
  11. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    anyone purchase? i'd like to hear pros/cons.
  12. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    checking in to see if anyone has real world experience with this helmet. or even have seen in one in a store somewhere...
  13. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    bump - still (kinda) interested in this helmet. have seen them in a lot of recent revit ads. not sure if there's a partnership or something, but any real-world experience would be most welcome.
  14. Falp

Falp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    floalex and Falp like this.
  16. Falp

Falp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    Ok, so Nexx is now also selling a another very similar model called the X.Vilijord - similar to the "Aventuro Traveller" which is sold under the Touratech brand (jeesh, this gets confusing). the Vilijord/Avebturo adds a peak, better chin vent, and a few other tweaks over the Vilitur. if the peak were removable this seems like a better, more versatile option, but it doesn't appear to have that function.

https://www.nexx-helmets.com/en/helmets/x-vilijord/

i'll hand it to Nexx, they do roll out new models at a good clip.

[​IMG]
  18. Xyphon112

Xyphon112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any info from Nexx on a USA release for this model? Touratech's version is bound to be more expensive, but they have more info available.
  19. dr. jones

Oddometer:
    I haven't pinged Next USA about timing - though i would guess it will be available here in the Q1-2, that seems to be the pattern. I did ping Touratech to ask if their version could be ridden without the peak. after some researching (they don't have any in hand yet) they said that as sold it would not, but, that you could buy the necessary extra bits direct from Nexx. when i pinged Next about that, they seemed to have no idea what i was talking about - they stated that the Vilijord could not be ridden without peak. so, mixed answer.

i don't really need a new helmet (currently have the X.WED 2 and it's decent) but i've always wanted to try a modular. riding without the peak would be nice, i guess, though not a deal breaker.
  20. Richie K

Richie K n00b

Oddometer:
    I’ve ordered the Vilijord and am currently awaiting on it, it was out of stock but I’ve been assured that it will be at the vendors by the end of this week. Should have it sometime next week and I’ll do a review on it.

Think it’ll look well with the KTM.

Attached Files:

Candubrain and Falp like this.