NH/VT Central Riders

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by AdamChandler, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds great! Let’s hope for an early spring!
  2. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    That was posted before this latest snow we got. I'm in Fitzwilliam myself. One day we have no snow, the next we have snow! I've had enough of this winter!
    AdamChandler likes this.
  3. Mountainhound

Mountainhound Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok but we never lost it right next door here in Richmond. In fact Tuesday I tried going for a ride out back but snow was to soft and deep wound up turning around and coming back home. Funny thing is Wednesday I was heading down to mass too visit a friend and the fog was wicked visibility 100 maybe 150 feet until state line campground where the snow was all but gone and no more fog. By the time I got to the state line the snow was gone. But yet just a few mile west as the crow flies and it's not so. There are spots out there as of my Monday ride that had 1.5 to 2 feet of snow. But right there with you on being done with winter!!!!
    Red Card likes this.
  4. Seth S

Seth S Will _____ for _____

Oddometer:
    It was all pavement.
  5. BMgreenmt

BMgreenmt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 for done with winter
  6. rebake

rebake Long timer

Oddometer:
    I took the tw200 for a ride around Kezar lake,found out why you guys call it mud season.Hit some spots I wouldn't take my truck through.
    Tallbastid and Red Card like this.
  7. BMgreenmt

BMgreenmt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The best is yet to come..........
    rebake likes this.
  8. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    As most of us are excited to be riding soon and planning summer vacations, I want to put out some details about an upcoming ride for your consideration. Starting on June 25, I’ll be taking a 5-day loop ride to Nova Scotia. Because it was previously mentioned, some inmates in this group showed some initial interest in joining the ride so I’m posting details which are available to view in the links below. The plan is still very fluid at this point so if you are interested in joining me I would welcome your input on the plan as I’ve not ventured to this part of the northeast beyond Acadia.

Presentation
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BgsUQCLUXa-Qlrtwz56pVbenc0N2EfVL/view?usp=sharing

Map
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VooElMpTE4ZQF0pVZmdxZXc6Ra9s2u6X&usp=sharing
    Dualsport Chic and AdamChandler like this.
  9. Dualsport Chic

Dualsport Chic Long timer

Oddometer:
    NS is a great trip - Peggy's Cove, NS interior dirt roads, Cabot Trail and Fundy (Flower Pot formations) were particularly awesome. The Canadian maritime people are extremely friendly but the mosquitoes are vicious - so bring repellent - lots of it. We ferried over from Portland (awesome ferry ride) and rode back down through Calais and spent that night in Bar Harbor, and the next night in North Conway so we could do the sunrise on the Summit of Mt. Washington early the next morning. Awesome 9 days.
    NS Route.JPG
    Red Card and AdamChandler like this.
  10. AdamChandler

AdamChandler n00b

Oddometer:
    @Red Card - This is so professional. Reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

Can we come by your place w/ beer and talk it through? (serious question)
  11. AdamChandler

AdamChandler n00b

Oddometer:
    One thing not addressed...what do you think overall cost would be? I haven't researched what the ferries cost. I see two nights of paid lodging and one rough camping. I know fuel would be individual based on displacement and over-packing.
  12. Dualsport Chic

Oddometer:
    @RedCard - your mileage is very ambitious - you're going to want to stop and enjoy some of what you will otherwise be flying by. I'm pretty comfortable doing 400+ (per my sig line) mile days but was properly counseled by those who have ridden there not to rush the pace up in NS. Glad I listened & stuck to ~250 mile days max. You will be happy to spend an extra day or two with a slower pace to sniff the NS lupine vs a remake of the Bataan death march.
    NS 1.jpg
    NS 2.jpg
  13. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    I have not determined est. cost but will post some numbers tonight. Beers at my place is always an option so we can discuss details.
    I've not estimated cost yet but will post some numbers tonight. Beers at my place to discuss details is always an option. We can go to the game room but we will have to walk around my bike.
    I've not estimated cost yet but will post some numbers tonight. Beers at my place to discuss details is always an option. We can go to the game room but we will have to walk around my bike which is in there for maintenance. 20180225_144513.jpg
    AdamChandler likes this.
  14. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    Thanks yo
    Thanks for sharing your insight. I originally plan for 4 days but that was going at break neck speeds. 5 days is better but to your point it would not leave much time for sightseeing. I'll look into a 6 day trip because I don't want to cut anything out like the route north on the Cabot Trail or taking less dirt.
    Piston and Dualsport Chic like this.
  15. Dualsport Chic

Oddometer:
    I had originally planned 350 mile days and the folks on the NS threads here kept telling me to back it down. So glad I listened - the days were still full at ~250 miles with everything there is to see along the route. Also, beware of construction delays on the Cabot trail - one road in and out so no go-arounds. That slowed us quite a bit the day we were coming down from Meat Cove.
    Red Card likes this.
  16. AdamChandler

AdamChandler n00b

Oddometer:
    I like the new baffle you've installed in your muffler! :p
    Red Card likes this.
  17. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    It keeps the mice out when the bike is stored in the barn.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  18. Dualsport Chic

Oddometer:
    That looks a lot like an RX3??? Mine . . .
    IMG_3609.JPG
  19. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    It is. I often read your posts on the CSC forum.
    Dualsport Chic likes this.
  20. Dualsport Chic

Oddometer:
    Good to know another RX3 owner in New England!