NH/VT Central Riders

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by AdamChandler, Oct 22, 2017.

1. rebake

rebake Long timer

Oddometer:
    In for 3pm.
  2. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    The Flying Goose is at the intersection of Rt 114 an Rt 11 in New London. I'll put a small American flag on the table that we will be at in the pub so everyone can identify the group.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    rebake likes this.
  3. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha! My wife said the exact same thing to me! And, I used to be a big football fan up until about 5 years ago. I never watched a game this year.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  4. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    I enjoy the sport (and baseball). just don't have time to even follow it anymore. I haven't sat down with a beer and a game in probably about 5 years, too!
    Piston likes this.
  5. BMgreenmt

BMgreenmt Long timer

Oddometer:
    No respect for anyone that disrespects the national anthem, couldn’t pay me to watch it.
  6. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    ? Is football no longer doing national anthem? that's news.
  7. Red Card

Red Card Second chances

Oddometer:
    I'm with you. With all the taking a knee this year I only watched one game all season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Piston likes this.
  8. dualscotty

dualscotty premix

Oddometer:
    I here you Adam,i am aware of the super bowl but not that important to me.3 pm at the flying goose then?
  9. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    Maybe meet up in VT and have some super bowls? wink wink
    :p

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!
    Red Card likes this.
  10. fishwater

fishwater Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all, I'm in Rochester NH & can't do the big bike rides with you folks since I'm on a barely "street legal" plated dirt bike BUT if anyone wants to do some off road riding with minimal tar please let me know!
  11. AdamChandler

Oddometer:
    @802VTRider is your best bet. We're not a bunch old old guys but we do ride fat bikes compared your nimble 25xc
    fishwater likes this.
  12. fishwater

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm a fat old guy on a nimble bike so I'm glad to be here!
  13. Mountainhound

Mountainhound Long timer

Oddometer:
    Other side of state but always up for a ride, I have big and small bikes so all good. Got studs? Went for a ride yesterday. 20180204_145237.jpg
    nk14zp, AdamChandler and fishwater like this.
  14. 802VTRider

802VTRider Vermont Rider

Oddometer:
    I run studded tires on my bike. Going to throw them on this week and hit the lake this weekend or next. Most likely next weekend. If anyone sees a Yamaha racing the sleds on Lake fairlee that person will be me.
    AdamChandler likes this.
  15. 802VTRider

802VTRider Vermont Rider

Oddometer:
    Barely legal bikes are a natural fit in my area. We have so many class 4 roads and other trails to ride on you don't really have to worry about being legal. My bike looks legal and has a plate but it has insurance and that's it. Never get a hard time about it. If you want to try some pretty technical riding, I have a Woods track at my house that is about 2 miles per lap.
  16. BMgreenmt

BMgreenmt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know how a KTM 250 exc f or Husky FE 250 would compare to a WR250R power wise? Or any other aspect? I hate that you can’t test ride these bikes!
  17. fishwater

Oddometer:
    I don't know how much help I can be but I have a 2009 250 XCF-W that I dual sport, never rode the WR but considered one. I did about 1000 miles on it last year, mostly off road. I'm 6'2", 260lbs & the bike has plenty of power. I was away from riding for about 10 years when I bought it last year & the bike makes me feel like a rock star in the trails. Easy to manage the power, tractable in snotty hill climbs, light & flickable compared to my old XR400. With the wide ratio trans it's pretty decent on the roads once I balanced the tires & have no problems keeping up with traffic but it's still a dirt bike not a true dual sport. I put a Seat Concepts seat on it so it's a little more comfortable than the typical rock hard seat, I did a 150 mile dual sport ride last year that was about 75% trail & felt pretty good at the end of the day. I love the bike, it serves my needs very well since I really only want to ride on the road to connect trails, I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat .
    nk14zp likes this.
  18. BMgreenmt

BMgreenmt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. Any info is good as you can’t test ride these bikes. I had a WRR for a short spell but didn’t jive with it. I’m 6-4 and 240, so I always have to modify a bike to fit me a bit. I would only use the said bike for local trails and class 4 roads, anything else I’d be on my GS. It might be fun to attend some of these dirt bike rides I see on here and see if I can make an ass of myself!
  19. fishwater

Oddometer:
    Plenty of power for you I'd imagine. At your height your bike would be set up similar to mine, tall seat, flex bars with a sub mount for a little extra height & moved into the forward position on the triple clamps. I also have a set of Steg Pegz which helps riding while standing for us tall types but still feel locked in for the snotty stuff. I have to start setting up my 2011 in the same way so when I hop from bike to bike I will be comfortable.
  20. BMgreenmt

BMgreenmt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agreed, it sounds like I would set the bike up the same way. I always end up doing tall seat, risers, and lowered pegs. I'd love to see your set up some time. Any reliability issues? The WRR is bulletproof while everyone always picks on the Euro brands for being high maintenance and perhaps unreliable? Sorry to derail this thread........but we are still talking about riding thumpers on the backroads and trails of Vermont!!!!!!!