Niagara region riders?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ForestFrog, May 13, 2017.

1. ForestFrog

ForestFrog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any ADV Riders in Niagara Region?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
  2. revitup

revitup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you kidding me? We have a Niagara Region sanctioned BMW club.
  3. 1bigrn

1bigrn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What he is saying is that if you don't have a BMW, he probably will not ride with you! Fyi, he isn't from Niagara!!
    The previous Niagara thread was a very quiet thread.
    ForestFrog likes this.
  4. ForestFrog

Oddometer:
    Your comment is the exact reason why I dont join BMW clubs or only ride with BMW owners. Im looking for adv riders not club members that go out on breakfast on sunday mornings and call that an adventure. I'm not looking for bmw riders only im looking for people that ride bikes from honda crf 250l to ktm's 1290.

5. 1bigrn

1bigrn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Revitup, is a great guy and he does love his BMW but he will ride with anyone!

Please don't judge him for his BMW pride! He is without motorcycle prejudice.
  6. kirbike

kirbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A few of those guys will go on an off road adventure.....me being one of them, although I don't have a BMW anymore. I still get invited to the Sunday breakfasts. They're great bunch of people. That being said, I'm always game for adventure, road or off road.
  7. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Hey. I live in Pelham.

Not a lot of ADV chatter in Niagara.
    If you lean more towards the dirtbike side of life we'd love to have you at Timberline Riders.
    A bunch of guys I know from some local churches will be getting together on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings for a road ride from the local area that I'll be with. All kinds of bikes will show up. It isn't a specifically ADV event. I'll PM you the info when I know more.
    If you plan on coming to Fall Colours there are usually a few guys from Niagara that show up.

Sadly the ADV life in Niagara is pretty dead.
  8. ForestFrog

Oddometer:
    I see lot's of adv bikes in the area but maybe there coming down to the falls to visit and leave and not from the area.

9. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    I'm the loser on the KTM690 with the RallyRaid fairing kit. But I just bought that bike so you may not have seen me out.

I know a bunch of Vstrom and BMW riders locally but most of them are pavement pounders. NTTAWWT.

There are a lot of visitors to the area. I have a few every year stay at my place through the tent space thread who are visiting the falls.

What do you ride?
  10. kirbike

kirbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it's dry you can put together a pretty good offroad ride in Niagara, even for big duallies.
  11. ForestFrog

Oddometer:
    I ride a f800gs. I try to ride as much gravel roads as i can (that mostly the of road there is here) I ride my regular gps route most of the time alone that takes me to forks of credit but would be nice to have others to ride with.

12. kirbike

kirbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh there's a lot more than just gravel roads that your 800gs can handle around here. Let me know when you want to ride.....I'll show you.
    ForestFrog likes this.
  13. ForestFrog

Oddometer:
    Im new to niagara so that would be great.

14. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    I'm gone this weekend but I'd be up for a ride as well Kirbs. I've lived in Niagara most of my life but I'm sure there is lots I haven't seen.
    Feel free to PM me some idea's and I'll send you my contact info if you'd like to get together sometime.
  15. kirbike

kirbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok guys. My weekends are usually for full on dirt bikes, but not always. Sometimes I'll ride the dirt bike in the morning and 1190 in the afternoon. I work 24hr shifts, so I'm also available during the week and as of November I'll be available for ever. The trails out in the open should be pretty dry by now, but they will be slick in the trees, and some real big puddles. As you know it's all clay down in Niagara, so when its wet, it's almost impossible to ride, even with knobbies, and it's just not fun! I'll put together a ride that will hit most of the offroad spots in Beamsville, St. Catharine, Welland, Port Colborne, and Niagara Falls. Then we'll do Haldeman, Wainfleet area.....I'm still exploring that.
    ForestFrog likes this.
  16. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a party. I'm running 50/50 tires on the 690. But my weekends are for dirtbikes as well.
    I'm usually free most evenings except Monday, Saturdays after 2:00, Sundays after 12:00. But I can always meet up halfway through a ride.
  17. Trail Ryder

Trail Ryder Your Hero

Oddometer:
  18. lngblln

lngblln n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone still in the Niagara region? New to dual sports, looking for fellow riders.
  19. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    What sorta bike are you riding?
    I can point you towards lots of different places to ride locally, but I'm mostly out of the "street legal" scene now. I'm more of a dirtbike guy.
  20. lngblln

lngblln n00b

Oddometer:
    I would love to find more places locally. I am in the North end of St. Catharines. Currently I have a 2001 KLR model c. Eventually I would like to get into the enduro scene.