Niagara region riders?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ForestFrog, May 13, 2017.

1. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    I'm near Bunting and Eastchester.
    You aren't the Red KLR off Berkley/Bunting are you?
    Feel free to PM me. I can't exactly hook up for dual sport rides, but I can point you towards tons of places to poke around.
    You new to the area? or just new to dualsport?
  2. lngblln

lngblln n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm near Geneva and Lakshore, I have been in the area for several years, just new to dualsport. I have seen that red bike, it may be a KLX?
  3. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Gotcha.
    Well, the #1 offroad place to ride in Niagara is the East side trail. It runs from Allenburg to Port Colbourne.
    Technically the Welland section is closed, but most people just ride it anyways and keep the revs down.
    The difficulty is your choice, there is a gravel road right up against the canal that is nice and flat, or trails up the small hill parallel to the canal.
    The trails up top are getting HAMMERED by quads and side by sides. But they can be interesting to pick your way through.

Following the river from NOTL through NF and Chippewa onto Fort Erie and then following the lake by the beaches through Port Colbourne to Crystal Beach can be a great way to kill a Sunday afternoon/Eve.

Small "Offroad" area's like Jenny Jump, Robin Hood, the Virgil Pit, Fonthill Pipeline, and others do exist, but they're small.

Niagara Timberline Riders has a small beginner MX track and some woods trails that are nice. Plus your membership with the OFTR is also your Timberline membership and is a great way to support riding in Ontario.
  4. lngblln

lngblln n00b

Oddometer:
    Interesting, I have been to the gravel section of the east side trail, I am guessing the dirt trail is on the other side of the paved walking trail?
  5. kirbike

kirbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ride both ADV and Enduro and know pretty much every off road trail in the Niagara Peninsula. I'm in the North end too. Feel free to PM.
  6. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    No. The paved walking trail is on the West side of the Canal.
    You aren't really allowed bikes anywhere on that side of the canal, although some small sections I know people do ride.
    The East Side trail is on the Niagara Falls side of the Canal from Allenburg to Port Colbourne
  7. ThatAverageGuy

ThatAverageGuy n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey guys if anyone is looking for a riding buddy let me know
  8. CanadianMetalHead666

CanadianMetalHead666 n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello gents,

New guy here and noob off road rider. Just thought I would see if anyone still rides adv around Niagara. From what I'm reading there's not much around here and not too many like minded folks riding the big adv bikes.

I'm riding a new to me 2019 Tiger xcx after swapping out my Harley dyna. Still riding stock tires but I have had it on some gravel trail (old rail road tracks from Stevensville to fort Erie) and already broke the stock plastic hand guard and clutch lever lol. Too cheap to buy new tires when these are barely used.

Anyway I work shift work so if anyone knows any other spots within an hour of Niagara that are good I'm always up for a ride. I've seen an Africa twin, an old GS and a tenere 700 in the area so I know there's at least a few guys/gals in the area.

Not sure if this is falling on a deaf audience or not haha.

Take care
  9. jlw

jlw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m from Fenwick, I know a few cool places to ride. Currently I have ride a DRZ400. Text (2 eight 9) nine 2 nine - 0170