Nice ride near Charleston, Illinois

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by squallywally, Jun 16, 2009.

1. squallywally

squallywally Sad Sack

Oddometer:
    I have attached a gpx of a track I did last week Near Charleston, Illinois.
    It starts from hwy. 16 and ends at the Lincoln Log Cabin State Historic Site. FYI: the state historic site is where Abe Lincoln's Father and Step mother lived and they are buried nearby at Shiloh Cemetary.

This route is on single lane roads mostly oil and chip variety and winds down a river valey that is very scenic. The lincoln farm is a must see for you history types.

Attached Files:

2. alma1992

alma1992 Jaded AND Cynical!

Oddometer:
    I'll check it out when I get a chance.
  3. cdabom

cdabom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That road just south of Charleston is great. Its probably the best road I've found anywhere near here. Just wish there were more like it.
  4. Ripley

Ripley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This track covers some of the same area and includes a water crossing.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. truax

truax Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Since I live within the perimeter of the route I can attest to the quality of the ride. Just look out for farm machinery as harvest season (which will be late this year because of spring rains and late planting) usually starts in September/October.
  6. squallywally

squallywally Sad Sack

Oddometer:
    Great Thanks for the addition. I will check it out ASAP. I live in Tolono and ride down Charleston way through the country and come back via Walnut Point State Wildlife Area when I only have an afternoon to get a ride in. Great Fun!