Nine ADVriders Tackle Texas Trails

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Stephen, May 28, 2002.

1. Stephen

Stephen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Okay, I'll continue my role as guide and start this over here in RR&PPP.

First, thanks to Gary for gettin' this train rollin', and heaps of praise to everybody for lookin' out for each other. What a great bunch of riders.

I'll keep this short since I don't have any pics. I really enjoyed the ride. As I was up front, I didn't get to watch everybody ride much, which I miss, although it was pretty easy to keep track of Ted filling up my mirrors! I also got a really good view of all the deer, and hawks , and herons, and I guess Rob did too. Almost nailed a turkey on the way out.

We only made about half the route I scoped out, but I was tired and satisfied. Ted and Tim and I found a fabulous stretch of one-lane blacktop east from Cherry Springs. A virgin road for me. Lovely crossings down Crabapple Creek. Ted split for SA from Willow City, and Tim and I took the Sandy-Round Mountain cutoff. Haven't been down that beautiful stretch of bright white caliche in years.

Very much enjoyed meeting everybody. Look forward to next time--my brothers, I know this little road that goes...

Bring on the photos!!!
  2. Rob Z

Rob Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stephen,
    My "show new threads did not show your post prior to me cut and pasting my report from the GSer ride to this forum. Oh Well it was worth two posts.

I'll get my pics up soon.
  3. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Hey Porky The Mod, can you merge these threads pls?