NJ GS ride

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by AFekete, Jul 1, 2002.

1. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone interested in a New Jersey GS ride?

My bike will back from the 600 mile service this week and it's time to beat on it.

I know a lot of good backroads through Sussex and Warren counties but I don't know of any fire roads and trails.

How 'bout it?

thanks,
    Andrew

man.. I just have way too much time today....
  2. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alrighty..

After the overwhelming response to this suggestion I figured let me offer an invitation to all of you who did not have time or just missed the deadline to sign up for this ride... that's right... there was no deadline or ride scheduled.

But....

Now that the GS has over 1300 miles I would really love to go exploring. Does anyone have a map of available fire roads to ride on in Northern NJ?

Hell, I'll even go up to and around Bear Mtn/ Seven Lakes Drive area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    Andrew
  3. Ari

Ari Been there done that

Oddometer:
    I'm up for a ride but not of road only asfalt.
  4. P. Urquell

P. Urquell Martini Taste Tester

Oddometer:
    Like Ari said, no off roading for me yet. I've been too lazy to install my crashbars, steering stop, etc. I usually motorcyle in NY State (Harriman State Park, Catskills, etc.). Any good NJ riding locations? You up for some Adirondack riding perhaps? But that requires an overnight.

Later
  5. Ari

Ari Been there done that

Oddometer:

I'm up for ride in the Adirondack or any ride as long as it's riding!!
    Bring it over it's god and fun.
  6. moon

moon Space Cowboy

Oddometer:
    I grew up in Jersey. If you head south (like Berkley Township) there are tons of fire roads that are good packed sand with maybe a layer of pine needles. Aside from tree roots, there isn't much cause to wipe out. But if you do, a stock bike should fair quite well. Unless of course you run into a tree in which case crash bars aren't going to help much anyway.
  7. Donald Duck

Donald Duck QYYQQuacks !

Oddometer:
    HI, I'm planning a short trip to (200-230 mi) NJ-PA boundry (Worthington State Forest) at 8/10-11 Sat-Sun weekend w/my wife (pillion)...
    Our return supposed to be on Harriman state park. Not planned yet. Please see attached.
    Also, we planning to stay Sat night somewhere around Stroudsburg, PA.

Sorry I'm not able to do off road with my "autobahn baby"... :):
    If you or anyone interested let's talk.

Attached Files:

8. tribeless

tribeless _________________________

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately August 10th is bad but I would be interested in an off or on thereafter.
  9. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't do an overnight but your route looks really great. I've traveled some of those roads and they offer some great views with nice twists and turns

I will post a couple of dates with a tentative route. Surely to start early in the morning and arrive back home around 5-6pm. Plan on at least 2-400 miles of west NJ, east Penn roads. It will be kept at a comfortable pace with plenty of time to stop and smell the roses.

If you have a GPS bring it along. It would be nice to get exact mileage numbers and possibly a track-back report. I have a Chatterbox communicator (the 2 mile model) so if you have one bring that along as well. We can sync up the channels and have road going sing-a-longs!!!! Only kidding.....

Stay tuned!!

thanks,
    Andrew
  10. P. Urquell

Oddometer:
    Greetings.

I've done that particular trip a few times this summer already and it's nice. I normally do that trip in one day. I would be interested in starting the trip with you, and then we can split up.

This weekend I'm going up to Burlington, VT via Rte 100. Then take a ferry ride across Lake Champlain (sp?) and then ride back down through the Adirondacks. Hopefully I won't melt in this heat. I'll tell you all about it if we hook up.

Regards
  11. Donald Duck

Donald Duck QYYQQuacks !

Oddometer:
    Let's meet on first gas station on the right at Palisades Parkway after GWB, Northbound, around 9:00 AM, Saturday...
    I'll be there and stay till 9:20 Am.

Pls Take a look to the attached route, it is just a humble suggestion of mine, we may change anytime.

Unfortunately I can not promise after "Ross Corner", 15 X 206 Hwys. But let's get together, that would be enough fun I think.

I'll be two up w/wife, rather slow and won't be able off road w/ my KRS. (Ice Blue/Red - slow one-not yellow checker flagged)
    :evil

See ya !

Attached Files:

12. P. Urquell

Oddometer:
    Assuming I'm not too hung over, I'll see you around 9am. I'll be on a Mandarin GS in a black Aerostich Roadcrafter and yellow helmet.

I'll even bring my digital camera along for the ride.

See ya
  13. Donald Duck

Donald Duck QYYQQuacks !

Oddometer:
    It was a small but inspired adventurer group..wheather and curvy roads on Bear Mountain were wonderful that morning:1drink
    Let's do it again
    :):

Attached Files:

14. P. Urquell

Oddometer:
    Check your email for photos.