No GIXXAH! Thread? GSX-R750 & relatives

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by garandman, Jun 8, 2018.

1. pwh

pwh Just Farkin' GO

Oddometer:
    I wish they would add just a tiny bit of electronics to the 750. All I want is ABS. My 05 750 was one of the best all-around bikes I ever owned. Perfect, usable power.

[​IMG]

And my K5 1000 was an absolute beast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    krautman, dtysdalx2, OierXT and 2 others like this.
  2. Year1911

Year1911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Found out this morning that Suzuki uses some pretty stout thread locker on those passenger peg brackets. Definitely don't have to worry about them coming off on their own.
  3. Me and my monkee

Me and my monkee Feels like Jackson Pollock looks

Oddometer:
    You're not lying about that thread locking compound. I thought I was going to be able to take off the pegs with a t handle. Had to get out the Allen sockets instead.
    Bracket weighed a lot less than I thought it would. I still have the right side on there, awaiting my Amazon exhaust hanger. It's on the slow boat from China. Ordered 5 weeks ago, should get it sometime next week.
    Just did the first oil change, not too difficult, will be able to get the fairing off much faster next time.
    KIMG0272.jpg
    Bad Dad and garandman like this.
  4. RhinoVonHawkrider

RhinoVonHawkrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great bike - my buddy had 2 of em. I sold his last one for him - I think an 07. I had the pleasure of riding from NYC to Pa - Wow what a moto.

Hands down the best sportbike - weight & power + handling - just fantastic. My son has an R6 which also great, but not as good as this moto.

Not sure why anyone would need the 1k version - unless they were 250 lbs +.

But - I still like my VTwin - Superhawk ...going on 18 yrs young and still pulls like a beast.

Ya'll stay safe
  5. Year1911

Year1911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got 3 rides in on my bike so far, a whopping 168 miles on the odometer.

Absolutely love the bike, I totally made the right decision when I bought it. Power, handling, ergos = perfect for me and my needs. It's making me forget all about my FZ-07, for now anyway. I will get the FZ out of winter storage eventually.

Might put my Yoshi Alpha T on today.
  6. Year1911

Year1911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now up to 350 miles on the odometer. Snow in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning. Hope they don't salt the roads.

Got 2 rides in yesterday and put my Yoshi Alpha T on in the evening.

[​IMG]
    1 wheel peel and Bad Dad like this.
  7. Year1911

Year1911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Zero Gravity Corsa installed. Didn't hate the factory windscreen, but I like the Corsa much mo betta.

[​IMG]
    krautman likes this.
  8. Me and my monkee

Oddometer:
    Well my Chinese Amazon muffler hanger doesn't look like it's showing up. Ordered back in mid February and Amazon has given me a refund, minus shipping...
    So, does the yoshimura hanger for sure fit the stock muffler? It seems it should, if the yosh pipe bolts to the stock hanger/footrest then it stands to reason it should, but I see on a couple of listings it says for use with yoshimura exhaust only.
    If it was $20 like the Amazon part I'd risk it, but $60 is real money.
    2018 gsxr600
  9. Year1911

Year1911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can take some measurements of the Yoshi bracket if it will help. I have it on my 2019 750 (uses same hanger/bracket), but with a Yoshi slip-on.
  10. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Woodcraft stator cover with replaceable slider. Slider fasteners are inside so the bolts don’t get torn off.

[​IMG]
    dtysdalx2 likes this.
  11. Me and my monkee

Oddometer:
    I did a Google search using the Yosh part number (11600AB) and read customer reviews from various sites, found many reviews that state they use the hanger with different brand mufflers, and a couple that used it with stock, so I went ahead and ordered one. I'll report back on the fit.
  12. frostybollox

frostybollox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    F08F5C5F-8D5C-4628-90C9-5F41672CB620.jpeg
    Bad Dad, 1 wheel peel and pwh like this.
  13. frostybollox

frostybollox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love your mini Guiness bottle collection!
    Year1911 likes this.
  14. Me and my monkee

Oddometer:
    My Yosh exhaust hanger came in yesterday.
    It does indeed work with the stock pipe, though it took a minute to figure that out.
    The instructions didn't make it clear where in the assembly of washers, spacers, grommets etc. the actual tab on the pipe was supposed to go.
    Trial and error led to a nice fit.
    It is still imo probably the most overpriced motorcycle accessory I've ever bought. A simple triangle cut from aluminum with a couple of straight lines bent into it should not be a $60 item, hence trying to get the Chinese part for less than half that.
  15. Year1911

Year1911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed. I felt a little stupid paying the going rate for the Yoshi bracket, but I wanted it quickly and spent the money. Was able to order it and have it arrive at the same time as my slip-on.
  16. Year1911

Year1911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nectar of the gods, especially the Porters.
  17. Year1911

Year1911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rolled over 1K miles on the Gixxah seven-fiddy today. Added a Vortex V3 fuel cap (I hate needing a key to open the cap) and a billet aluminum oil fill cap just because.

Gonna do my second oil change now (first was at 500 miles) and change over to Maxima synthetic. Time to ride it like I stole it.
    996DL likes this.
  18. Bad Dad

Bad Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Brake pads, oil n filter, new chain n sprockets and some new Road Smart 2's.
    All set for a 6,200 mile 17 day trip to Cali!
    Then I got the email from California telling me all my camping reservations have been canceled! Damn Covid!
    Guess we'll just bum around Montana, Idaho and Wyoming.

20200522_103832.jpg
  19. Me and my monkee

Oddometer:
    KIMG0393.jpg Took the 600 to north Georgia last week, and also just hit 1000 miles.
    Best handling bike I've ever ridden up here, but the engine took some getting used to. Completely different from the torque of the sv650, or the lower power levels of the CB-1 and DR650 sumo.
    Have a jug of T-6 ready to go, and a brace of filters on the way from the Amazon (My SV650 uses the same filter).
    Also I got an alert a couple of days ago that the China exhaust hanger had made it to the U.S., and it looks like it's getting delivered tomorrow.
    Bad Dad likes this.
  20. 1 wheel peel

1 wheel peel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love me some N.Ga riding.
    View attachment 2242800