Withdrawn From Sale No longer for sale

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by ag_streak, Jun 2, 2019.

1. ag_streak

ag_streak Tiene Ruta Cuarenta? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Edit: So, I've been riding the V-strom solo, and the sidecar is sitting in the garage. The lowered V-strom runs and rides great, but with limited cornering clearance, so I decided to put some money into her and restore the suspension to stock height, by having Cogent completely rebuild the forks, and buying a new performance shock.

Please look for my ads for the DMC sidecar subframes (KLR and V-strom 650) soon.

MAJOR edits!

The Ural sidecar has been sold to a nice biker chick from Atlanta who's going to mount it on her Sportster. :ricky

Today I detached the Ural and mounted my other sidecar. The initial shakedown run was great! No issues beyond a little head-shake.

This ad was originally for the Ural rig. I'm editing all the pictures and text, but some of the follow-up messages pertain to the Ural. Skip down to post #22 for info on the current sidecar being sold with the V-strom. Sorry for any confusion!

Located in Blue Ridge GA. If you travel to come see it, I can put you up for a night in our cabin next door.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12144643

Great, like-new sidecar rig. Perfect for beginner or experienced sidecar riders. It is rock-solid and ready to ride. Needs nothing.

Take your wife, kids, or dog for a ride. Amazing useful. A great camping platform or chore-runner.

It handles great on the road. Able to cruise at 75 mph effortlessly. And it is MADE for dirt roads and gravel-running!

Asking $6,900 obo.

The Sidecar is a Kenna Single chassis (frame and suspension) from DMC Sidecars, and the body was custom-built by me. It's epoxy and fiberglass cloth over plywood, and extremely solid. Custom plate aluminum fender. Tubular steel bumper. Aluminum diamond-plate gravel guard below that can't be seen in the pics. If you're concerned about a "home-built" sidecar, don't be! It's solid and well-built.

The bike is a 2013 Suzuki DL650 Vstrom with about 2,700 miles. Brand new Shinko 705 tires (less than 500 miles). BMW Nav V GPS with hard-wired Touratech locking mount. Fork brace. Color-matched Givi V-35s and PLX mounts. Seat Concepts seat. Much more I’m probably forgetting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    AteamNM, STBNE, dchakrab and 5 others like this.
  2. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Six-day bump. :freaky
  3. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    A friend of another inmate is considering riding it from here in GA back to WA. You could too!

The rig is certainly up for it, new tires and all... I'll have the oil freshly changed (for any buyer). :beer

Strangely, this rig gets unexpectedly good mileage. Calculated on the last fill-up, I got 40 mpg of easy riding (mostly 45-60 mph in 5th gear). The on-board display read 47 mpg (optimistic). I'm honestly baffled why it's so good. Solo, the V-strom was getting high 50's (the display read low 60's). Crazy!

With my other chair on a KLR, I was happy getting 30 -32 mpg. On the Sportster 1200, it was about 26-28 mpg (with a 3.3 gallon tank! :lol3).
  4. Jonnybow

Jonnybow Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any trades considered?
  5. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Sure. I'm looking for a street bike/adventure tourer. Thinking of a 2014+ V-strom 1000. Whatcha got? :ear

Edit: Not considering trades at this time...
  6. Jonnybow

Oddometer:
    Can't help you with the V Strom but I do have a 2013 oil cooled R1200GSA
  7. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Thanks, but a bit too ginormous for me. Funny, that's the second GSA I was offered for trade...
  8. Jonnybow

Oddometer:
    I love the bike but want a side hack to ride with my pup and 2 bikes is the limit, the k bike is off limits for a trade!
  9. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    All PM's replied to. Several conversations had, but no takers yet.

Bump. :deal
  10. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Patriotic, almost-Independence Day, July 3rd Bump. :thumb
  11. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Still available ...
  12. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    6-day bump... :freaky

Lowered the price!
  13. krautman

krautman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whats the new price ?
  14. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    ^ ^ ^ $7,900. Or I'll sell the sidecar alone... :beer
  15. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any idea what the sidecar weighs without the bike ?
    Thanks
  16. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Good question. No, not really. At least, not accurately. I never had it weighed.

As a rough estimate, maybe 175 - 200 pounds? That's based on having the body off the frame and moving it & flipping it upside down and such by myself, carrying the frame around to get it in and out of my Jeep when I had the welding work done, taking the wheel on and off, etc. That being said, it's definitely on the lighter side, as Ural sidecars go.

With the track currently set at 52-53" on the V-strom, I can ride it with no ballast, and the chair can be flown with medium effort. There are unlimited possibilities for modifications, like a battery relocation, a spare wheel, a jerry can for more fuel, luggage racks, skid plates, etc.

The possibilities are endless! That's how I imagine the new owner using it. As a rock-solid platform for future customization! :beer

By the way, @bete, if you're thinking of buying the chair for your 2011 Wee, I have all the mounting hardware you need for a bolt-on solution, but it wasn't included in the price I listed above for the sidecar alone. PM me for more info if you'd like! :thumb
  17. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Still for sale... :freaky
  18. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Weekly bump... if she's still around in the fall, I'll be taking her off the market and just ride... :ricky
  19. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Sale pending on the tub, but no deposit received, so if anyone else is interested, act now.

When the sale happens (next Sunday), I'll be posting the DMC V-strom 650 subframe mount for sale...

I'm looking forward to riding the Strom on two wheels again!
  20. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    If it sells, let me know what you want for the subframe. Thanks. bete