No More Sweaty Back This Summer- Motorcycle Jacket 3D Ventilated Air Mesh Back Pads

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Hikertrash, May 12, 2019.

1. BenM721

BenM721 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. BenM721

BenM721 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine arrived today from Amazon. Fit just about perfect in my Firstgear Kilimanjaro!
  3. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    That's great to hear and thank you for your business!
  4. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Ordered mine on Amazon the other day. Fitted it to my Klim Induction over the weekend and excited to try it out. Also discovered the d30 back pad didn’t have actual vent holes in it... some thin residue was still covering the holes from the manufacturing process I assume. Should be much better now!

848A2BA6-0EDA-4704-A238-FFD9DA5FD12E.jpeg CAFF3316-F079-4860-83AC-909E58A2F6B6.jpeg 1DD1C4E5-4C72-468E-94FC-EAF9746D69A4.jpeg
    Hikertrash and SoilSampleDave like this.
  5. Hikertrash

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your purchase! I noticed that on all my Klim back pads. I used an old soldering iron tip and cleaned them up.
    flux_capacitor likes this.
  6. Hikertrash

Oddometer:
    Version 2.0 Possibly?

I just received 2 prototypes yesterday which are 8mm thick instead of the current 6mm. They have more of an open weave. I installed one in my Klim Marrakesh and one in my Klim Kodiak and will test them in this unbearable AZ heat which has been holding steady at 110F-114F.

IMG_2668.jpg
    Mike Garner and Luckycharms like this.
  7. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Soldering iron tip is a great idea!
  8. Hikertrash

Oddometer:
    So I’ve been using the thicker prototype back pads in my Klim Marrakesh and Kodiak jackets the past month. We’ve had a heat wave with temps reaching 116F and I’ve been quite satisfied with the results of the thicker pad, especially in the Kodiak. To my disappointment, the Marrakesh is actually a horrible jacket for AZ summers, I feel no breeze whatsoever. The Kodiak on the other hand has been very cool even in stop and go traffic. The vents scoop the air and and it circulates all around my body with the gap in front of the back pad.

So I’m going to be ordering more back pad spacers from the manufacturer in the thicker size, but want to have them made for other back armor sizes. I’m going to have BMW sized spacers and the current Klim, but I’d like some input from inmates as to what other jacket brands you’d like them to be sized for.

Thank you!
  9. sgroover

sgroover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you ever tried to make one to work with Motoport Tri-armor? Might be interested if so.

Sammy
  10. Hikertrash

Oddometer:
    No I haven’t, but being a previous Motoport jacket owner they’re on my list. Do you have a Motoport jacket? If so, would you be interested in tracing it if I sent you some poster board in exchange for a free backpad sized to your back armor?
  11. Hikertrash

Oddometer:
    I’ve added a 20% coupon to all ventilated back pad spacers on Amazon. Coupon should automatically be added at checkout.
  12. derekdeadend

derekdeadend Long timer

Oddometer:
    What luck, I ordered 2 yesterday
  13. sgroover

sgroover Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I do and will do... Please send me a private message and we'll get started.

Sammy
  14. Hikertrash

Oddometer:
    Thank you! Please leave an honest review after using them for awhile. I’ve sold almost 100 on Amazon, but have very few reviews.
  15. DustyKnobs

DustyKnobs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When do you anticipate the thicker 8mm version to be available?
  16. Hikertrash

Oddometer:

When do you anticipate the thicker 8mm version to be available
    ?

Maybe in a month or two. I’m trying to get more options available. I have Motoport sized back pads in the works and working on BMW pads. I’d like to get some more brands before I place my order from the manufacturer. If you currently have a Klim jacket and are interested in testing out an 8mm sample and doing a review in the Equipment Forum, let me know and I can send you a sample.
  17. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm very interested in this, would be happy to cover shipping as well. 3D mesh is such an incredible feature that it makes me perpetually sad it doesn't show up in more gear.

I wish I could find a vendor for that 3d bubble style mesh that shows up in a bunch of gear (Dainese in particular), I'd love to add it to limb pads and various other places where I want to make sure there's a standoff to let air circulate.
  18. Hikertrash

Oddometer:
  19. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer: