1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

-No Return Ticket – Two People, Two Years, One Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by cavebiker, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Hipster

Hipster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tom & Heidi, welcome back! With the new snow over the last few days hopefully you'll get a chance to go XC-skiing :evil
  2. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cavebiker is going to be on www.sidestandup.com today 4/26/11. The show runs from 7pm to 9pm Eastern. If I learn the exact segment time, I'll post it.
  3. Marco Moto

Marco Moto Voyager Supporter

Oddometer:
    Started about 5 minutes ago...:clap
  4. jposttx

jposttx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is so enjoy reading hhe adventure and enthusiasm - what a gift!

Hope you guys skrimp and save in hurry so I can enjoy reading another real soon.

Be safe and hurry back!!
  5. cavebiker

cavebiker Old School Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey! MotoCaribe is looking for a Lead Rider for next season in the Dominican Republic!

Anyone who has followed this thread lately knows something about motorcycle riding in the Dominican Republic. So, if you wouldn’t mind an opportunity of a life time motorcycle adventuring to the most exotic Caribbean destinations in the world then check it out --> motocaribe.com started a thread about the job here <-- On our DR rides we stayed at one and two star accommodations, motocaribe is five star all the way and you are riding sweet Vstrom 650s.
  6. BriKielyGSman

BriKielyGSman BigBadBri

Oddometer:
    You should be all over that man.....

Bri
  7. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Just found yer thread so I'll read away and get back to ya on what I'm sure is an EXCELLENT ride and read!
    AND thanx for the link above...:clap I just emailed him Kewel beans!
  8. someday adv

someday adv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey there Mr and Mrs cavebiker...things are a little slow at work, and I need a new adventure to read about...what plans do you currently have?
  9. Bato

Bato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stayed up until 3 am last night reading you cave-guys last night, enjoyed very much thank you for shearing:clap
  10. freeflow

freeflow get in or go in Supporter

Oddometer:
    :freaky .that TW will be at this year's rally..much improved..bring your bikini :deal :lol3 ...see you 2 there :thumb.

just caught up on this thread...:thumb
  11. cavebiker

cavebiker Old School Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The End – No Return Ticket -

As we were planning our next dream life of adventure and travel (buying a used motorcycle in Columbia and spending six months riding around) No Return Ticket came to an end, I got THE job. We took a big risk and went for it, and now we are back. Did this really happen? Did we really do that? It was one year ago today we landed in the Dominican Republic, it was over four years ago we celebrated my fiftieth birthday after riding into Scorpion Bay with the Sportster. Looking back at the posts and the photos is magical and inspiring. We will keep this dream alive and continue to look forward but for now and for many years to come I will have to be a working stiff, always dreaming of the next ride…

[​IMG]

We have had some unseasonably warm weather in Northern Wisconsin so we did an overnight ride to Minneapolis, just for the fun of it. At a gas station, I got back on the motorcycle and bent over to pull out the kick starter. Ha, ha, wrong bike. I miss that dirt bike we had in the DR.

[​IMG]

This is where the dream started over 5 years ago, Lyles Liquor Lounge. We just had to stop for the photo.

====== posted 2006’ ================================
    Forward: Heidi and I called a happy hour meeting for brain storming and trip planning. A bus to Lyles Liquor Lounge, Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, the strongest two for one happy hour in town. Heavy into discussions, we talked about our next big adventure and what motorcycle to ride. New bikes are just too expensive for us and our sponsorship effort fell through. To make our next adventure happen soon it became obvious that we need to outfit one of our present set of wheels for two-up adventure travel…..OK, somewhere in there when we were talking about schedule and destinations came out a need for a shake-out ride to Vegas. Sounds good, we do a pinky pact. Now its set in stone, here we go.
    ================================================

We never dreamed it would have lasted this long.

See ya all on the next adventure.

12. rous44

rous44 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tom and Heidi,
    No matter where you are or what you are doing the adventure spirit lives in you. What a great bunch of memories you have created for yourselves.
    And what an inspiration you have been for others.
    It is a pleasure to know you.
    Friends always,
    D

Heidi stll looks good in a bikini.

13. WaywardSon

WaywardSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tom & Heidi,

Nice to see you post up the ending, bittersweet as it is for all of us. I truly enjoyed No Return Ticket...a job well done!

Great news on "the" job. That time comes for all of us if we are lucky. I hope it works out well for you.

And Heidi...you are far too modest:deal Just smokin' hot in that bikini:evil

Thanks to you both for taking the time to include us.

Ride safe....have fun..........Best.........John
  14. britman

britman Britman

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Thank you very much for your long report.
  15. Marco Moto

Marco Moto Voyager Supporter

Oddometer:
    Subscribed for life!

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! :clap
  16. KLRUSERIOUS?

KLRUSERIOUS? Farkle-whore

Oddometer:
    +1

Good to see you two are doing well and rest assured you don't look a day over 49 Tom :)
  17. Free Radical

Free Radical High speed drifter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing your travels and insights. All the best to you both. KEEP IN TOUCH!!!, and let us know how you're doing!
  18. gasandasphalt

gasandasphalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really sad to see this one end.. Like two friends going away and most likely never be heard from again...................
  19. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Really have enjoyed your travels.....esp on the Sporty!:lol3
  20. ywr969

ywr969 Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer:
    but it did, to the benefit of everyone, including you! yeah, baby! what's not to like?? :clap