NomadGal's Year on the Road

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by NomadGal, Jul 8, 2012.

1. timetrax

timetrax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    (Maybe I'd better remind Baldy to put me back on the ride reports soon.)

Just start a new ride report: NomadGal's ride - Part 2. It would easier to keep up with your new ride this way. Just highlight a link to your old ride report for those who might not have read it.

Looking forward to your new adventure. Good Luck getting Spirit ready in time.
  2. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    :clap :clap :clap :freaky :norton WooooHoooo!!!!!
  3. Feyala

Feyala Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes! FREEDOM! :clap Congratulations!

Wish I was going with you!
  4. dfhepner

dfhepner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put a link in this report to the new one.
  5. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Truthfully, I loved the winter. The snow is just gorgeous and the air so crisp.
    There is something so soothing and serene about a white landscape, I just was in awe most of the time.
    I could see myself spending another winter, but next time somewhere else.:D
  6. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    I had been thinking of that………
    Spirit is getting close to done!
    Only thanks to you my brother!! I love the way Spirit is starting to look :raabia

Same here Fey! We would have had a blast together :deal
    Let's hope the Canadian border will let me through!! Hope they don't ask how much money I have, lol, they'll never let me through then!! :lol3
  7. Nomadmom

Nomadmom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just tell them you have two parents who can support you if necessary :lol3
  8. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Yesterday was a great day!!!
    I had to sleep in as I just couldn't fall asleep the night before, I kept on thinking of everything I still had to do and the fact that I was leaving in a week.
    Still, I got started on Spirit an hour after waking up and worked till about 7. Her rear end is put back together, and the happy trails rack is half on it.
    Happy Trails is sending me another bolt, as one of them got pretty warped and would be hard to get back in there, so the left side is only partially affixed.
    The handlebars are back on and the clutch and choke, but not yet the throttle. I still have to clean up the carb and put it back on ere I do the throttle. I got a new cable for it as well.
    Today I am also cleaning the forks and putting the new oil seals on them. Darrin has an impact drill that I can use to tighten the bolt underneath the fork. I'll be glad when they are done, not really looking forward to it somehow.
    I am hoping my vacuum cleaner attachment will go over the fork and fit around the seal, so I can tap it down that way. I remember having a piece of PVC pipe when I did this on my Suzuki.
    After Spirit is done I am having to check how to affix my side bags to the tank bag, but I can only do this with Spirit back together.
    Unfortunately the nice steering balancer gadget my brother sent me won't work for me. It is not made for use with my 2 1/2 inch risers. :cry
    But taking them off is not an option, so maybe I'll hold on to it in case I end up with another bike one day.
    I have been refraining from adding pics as I want to surprise you with the whole new look instead of bits and pieces :D
    She's gonna look awesome!!
  9. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    LOL mom! Nope, I know that neither you nor dad can, so I'd better not mention it, I'm a terrible liar and he'd see right through me I'm afraid. :raabia
  10. Floyd111

Floyd111 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    MM..wrong risers.. Can you not get some other risers? Seems a damn shame not to use the damper. You can count on dropping the bike twice less over the year once it's installed properly.
    Anyways, seeing that you're ready to take off already, I guess your Ohlins won't get there in time. No matter. Just send me an other address when you're ready and I'll send it there. We decided on some last-minute alterations, and that meant waiting for a replacement shaft to come in from Sweden, which came in only last Friday. I just dropped off the part today for assembly.
  11. Feyala

Feyala Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is why I want to have some money saved up the next time I go to Canada. They pulled me aside the last time I visited (3-4 years ago) and found out I don't have much money (or a job, property, etc), so now I'm flagged in their system probably forever. They think I want to steal their health care or something. :dunno They only gave me 2 week visas.

We'll catch up somewhere along the way though, I'm sure of it :)
  12. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Looks like the damper wont's won't with any risers! I am guessing that the little spacers and screws can be ordered for various lengths, however the ones that came with it are meant for bikes without risers.
    I really like my anti-vabrational risers, they not only save my wrists, but my back as well because they allow me to sit straight up instead of leaning forward putting my weight on my wristband arching my back.
    I'll check into getting the longer spacers once I am somewhere for a while.
    As far as the rear shock goes, let me see to whom I might be able to ship those on my way east.
  13. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Esther!

Not sure when you are coming through my area but I might be Whom!:rofl:rofl:rofl
    Regards....justjeff
  14. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    I got a lot done today as well.
    I now have my new tool tube and 2 water bottle holders made, my rear brake installed and bled, my forks put back together (not yet filled) thanks to Darrin. I drove by his place and he used his air impact drill to tighten the two bolts.
    I figure I'd give SolarMoose a break :lol3
    I also cleaned my carb and put some other parts back on the bike.
    While working I noticed how the flowers are coming back, so of course I had to stop and get my camera

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully I will have most of Spirit put back together tomorrow!!!
  15. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    The second one is Alberta Rose, the provincial flower of Alberta. Also known as Wild Rose.
    jj
  16. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Yep I kinda had you in mind when I posted this, didn't want to just assume that I could send it to you :D
    Will let my brother know.
  17. Floyd111

Floyd111 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I already know now.
    Jeff,I know you're itching to assist my sis installing both the Ohlins and the Scotts when she arrives. There are so many aftermarket risers, there's no telling what will fit, so I sent a damper for OEM size.
    Sure you know it's just a matter of getting some shorter or longer bolts/spacers to make it fit an aftermarket riser configuration.
  18. Nomadmom

Nomadmom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow! I can almost smell the flowers on your pics Esther! They're beautiful! When will we see the new Spirit?
  19. NomadGal

NomadGal Esther

Oddometer:
    Hopefully tomorrow!! :D
  20. GypsyWriter

GypsyWriter Yup, I'm a girl.

Oddometer:
    :lurk :D