Noob here from British Columbia..

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hailstorm100, Jun 3, 2006.

1. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful British Columbia, on Vancouver Island
    Hey!:wave I am from British Columbia, I live in a small town called Comox, which is located on Vancouver Island. It's about 3 hours North from Victoria BC. I am learning how to ride right now, which is something I have wanted to do for many years and now I am finally doing it!:clap My other half owns a 1968 Norton Atlas. He rides it all the time, and yes, it does leak oil sometimes.:wink: We went to a rally last summer in Grants Pass, Oregon and then came home along the coast, that was beautiful! We didn't ride back, we had the bike in the back of our landrover that we drove.:huh We are searching for another bike right now, so I can't wait!! Anyways, hi!:freaky
  2. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Hello and welcome. I've always said BC stands for Beautiful Country! My relatives are from around there. Mark H.
  3. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Mark.:norton Yes, BC should stand for Beautiful Country! Where in BC are your relatives located?
  4. feliz

feliz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, lots of good riding on the Island, one of my favorite places.

Aaaah, Nortons. I just sold a 70 Commando, restored like new but the five hours maintenance for every hour of riding finaly got to me...then I bought a Ural and it starts over!!
  5. Mercenary

Mercenary Mindless Savage

Oddometer:
    Hey Noobie....Comox is a great town. My wife's folks live in Courtenay and I have relatives up in Cambell River. I've spent many days riding in and around the Comox Valley and it can't be beat.
  6. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I saw a lot of 70's Commandos at the Rally's. Thank goodness we did not have the five hours of mainenance with the norton!! I would love something newer than that anyway, not that I don't like the Norton. I agree that the island has some beautiful spots for riding!:D
  7. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, you.... so you must be familiar with the Gold River riding etc, beautiful spots eh? Hope to get enough nerve to do the ride oneday, cause I'm still too much of a noobie..:wink: :wink: :wink:
  8. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Btw, thanks for the lovely welcomes.. and that coming from a noobie woman, pretty cool eh? :D :rofl :wink:
  9. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    me!!!:D and one of my cute kittens! :wink: Oh and my new leathers! :wink:

Attached Files:

10. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    The Tsimshian tribe, of which I'm half, is originally from around the Skeena and Naas River areas. My dad's grandparents came over from Metlakatla BC near Prince Rupert when the tribe split in the late 1800's to follow an English missionary to Metlakatla AK near Ketchikan. It's my favorite area to ocean kayak.

Oh, and you're VERY pretty! :uhhuh
  11. North

North Aimless Drifter

Oddometer:
    Hi hailstorm100,

Welcome to the site.:thumb
  12. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cool! :) Thanks for the compliment..:norton
  13. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks North! :wink:
  14. Mercenary

Mercenary Mindless Savage

Oddometer:
    You know...I've never ridden the Gold River road either:huh . Driven it lots but never had my bike out on it. Spent quite a bit of time up Mt. Washington exploring the old logging roads and what not and lots of time on the Duncan Bay mainline between Courtenay and Cambell River.

I'm not really a fan of the new island highway. I prefer to stick to the old one and explore off that. One ride you might enjoy is from Lake Cowichan up to Pt Alberni. That is a lot of fun too!

Welcome to the board.
  15. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks.:D I love the old island hwy much better too. I will try the Lake Cowichan up to Pt Alberni oneday. Looks like it would be a nice ride.
  16. Isle Rider

Isle Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Comox... where the hell is that? Be wary of tar snakes on the Gold River road. Good to see some more representation from the Island Republic.. Welcome!
  17. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    LOL! I hope you are kidding me, especially when I saw where you are from! :D How's my island friend to be( I hope)...??:D You heading North anytime soon? Oh, and thanks for your welcome!!! :norton
  18. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    How close to Hornby Island? I got a very good bro livin' over there...a fine art painter...
  19. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Buckley Bay is just outside of Courtenay, which is where you get the ferry to Denman Island and then another ferry to Hornby Island. Not that far.:D
  20. Isle Rider

Isle Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's great you're following your passion and taking the plunge become rider rather than pillon. I wish I could convice my SO to do the same. Any particular bike strikin' yer fancy? I guess you have to first decide on the type of riding your interested in. I've been riding a loooong time, and there's no such thing as a dumb question, so don't be shy. I get up Island pretty regularly. I love the blast up Mt Washington, and a Gold River run is like a mini-vacaton to me.