Noob here from British Columbia..

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hailstorm100, Jun 3, 2006.

1. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful British Columbia, on Vancouver Island
    Hey! Nice to meet you! And you are so close to where I am!!! We'll have to go for a ride, all of us when I get more experienced..:D Not sure what bike we're getting yet, but the other half wants to get another British Bike of course, (we've already got a norton) but I want something like the Yamaha FZ 600 I sat on yesterday! :wink: :wink:
  2. TG6

TG6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome "Hailstrom 100" to the world of motorcycling. My wife is in the same boat as you (she just got her learns for the bike last week). We are along way from you (way down here in Mill Bay) but I have 4 brothers living in the Comox Valley so we get up there to visit them.. Hope to see you and meet you on the road sometime.
  3. hailstorm100

hailstorm100 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful British Columbia, on Vancouver Island
    Thanks..:D Is your wife taking lessons too? Good luck to her! Mill Bay is beautiful!! My hubby spent a lot of time in Cobble Hill. Do your brothers here ride? Hope to meet you and meet you on the road too. Will you be coming to town soon?:norton
  4. TG6

TG6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yup, she is in leason (soon to start). I willl help along with them but felt it much wiser to have a trained instructor give her the basics.. I am wait for my new steed to be delivered (hopefully the first week of July) and then we'll be up on a ride to break her in... I'll drop you two a line before we head up that way and if you get down this way, let us know. Always good to meet people with the same passions in life..
    As far as the bro's.. yup, two of them are riding. One a little dualsport and the other a big potato bike (HD)..
  5. k_mac

k_mac n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Hailstorm100
    I just joined, I live in Courtenay and have a Triumph Tiger and Ducati Multistrada. I am planing on selling the Tiger and getting a single cylinder dual sport (KTM maybe????). How do you like your BMW?
    k_mac
  6. tlgreen

tlgreen Dirty adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't know, I can't turn this thing around...
    Welcome Hailstorm, both to this great site & to the sport of Dual'in
    I have been riding for about 4 years now & have done tons of off-road 1st with my KLR650 & now with my KTM950. Off road riding has a very steep learning curve but is very rewarding. I have done the Gold river route up to Tahsis? then back to gold river, north past Vernon Lake & back up to the north Hwy. This is a great route for a Noob so take the plunge, you will love it.:clap
    Another great site to check which is a little closer to home is Dualsportbc.com Lots of very friendly people on & Lots of things to do. I swear most of the people on that site are from the Island anyway.
    Hope to see you on or off road one day. Look for the "chick" on the big orange bike.
  7. Circsaws

Circsaws DRZ400 S -->SM

Oddometer:
    Welcome,I used to live in Duncan, then lived/worked in Tahsis. I hated driving the road (42 miles logging road, paved after Gold River) to Campbell River (not really as it was the only way to civilization:huh ) but now that I've got a bike, I can hardly wait to travel that road again.:scratch The only problem may be all those fishermen hauling their boats/RVs during the summer. Will probably do it in a couple of years.
  8. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Sir Loin of Biff

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that's ugly - that gravel stretch. I remember one baking hot summer day a decade ago when myself and the ex-wife gave up on fishing and collected empty beer bottles from the 30km stretch. We collected enough to pay for our gas back to civilization....