1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Noob in over her head

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by RayT, Dec 16, 2019.

1. RayT

RayT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Eric - had a great ride in the Cherokee Nat'l Forest - love the service roads on that bike!!

IMG_0259 use.JPG IMG_0303 use.JPG IMG_0274 use.JPG IMG_0329 use.JPG IMG_0308 use.JPG
    RedDogAlberta and The Virginian like this.
  2. RayT

RayT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Eric - had a blast up in the Cherokee Nat'l Forest. Like riding that bike on Forest Service roads!!

Attached Files:

306dad and The Virginian like this.
  3. RayT

RayT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    lol - still getting the hang of how things post here - apparently, I've replied twice now hahaha. I then went riding down in Durhamtown with the new crash bars installed. Things went less well. It seems as if my clutch has gone out in 3 rides, 400 miles on the brand new bike - makes no sense. Haggling with the dealer about why I should have to pay for it - 400 miles and the clutch goes?? Ended up having to rent a bike to keep playing, but IT WAS A BLAST!! Girl loves the mud!! ;-)

Attached Files:

TheAdmiral and phreakingeek like this.
  4. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome trip and I'm sorry to hear about the clutch going out, hopefully you'll get it sorted soon. How did the crash bars hold up for you on the tip overs? You're sure taking a hard swing at off-roading and it seems like you're having a ball! Thanks for the update.

Eric
    RayT likes this.
  5. RayT

RayT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Eric - I am having a blast!! I can't believe I've stumbled on all this fun - it's a satisfying kind of painful, ya know? The kind where you're so immersed in what you're doing, where you forget the whole rest of the world for a little bit, and you're learning something new. It is addictive - have a lot of things on my bucket list, but this one was never on it - glad it found me!! They've got my clutch replaced for me, making me pay for labor - doesn't seem right with just 400 miles on the bike - may see about getting the service manager involved when I go to pick it up. Main goal is to get back out there soon!! Forest service roads are callin' my name!! ;-) Hope you're doing well in these crazy times!! At least riding has "social distancing" built in to it!!
    phreakingeek and The Virginian like this.
  6. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to hear! I got my LED lamps installed on the crash bars and they turned out nice.
    [​IMG]

I was out riding with a friends yesterday. Holy cow the weather has been amazing for this time of year.
    [​IMG]

Be safe and enjoy your ride report.
    RayT likes this.
  7. GravelTrap1000

GravelTrap1000 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Our Rally clutch became useless for hills and even getting in the trailer at 800 miles. It's a weak clutch! Replaced it with the CRF's only kit. Much better than stock now, especially for hills.
    RayT and The Virginian like this.
  8. manshoon

manshoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would invest in a set of decent hand guards for your bars, even a set of bar risers would be a good deal and help to you, so you are able to stand up on the bike when riding the trails and not feel as if you are perched over the bars. Even these cheap guards would suffice while you are getting used to the bike. These mounted will save your hands, brake and clutch levers from breaking when you have a get off or tip over, or bouncing off a tree on a single track trail.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brush-Bar-...542020?hash=item36316e3c84:g:jMkAAOSw~AVYnsMk
  9. kimzx1000r

kimzx1000r Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just found this. You go girl! Nothing better than seeing the women out there joining in the fun! Just keep getting back on and the learning continues! All of a sudden one day you will save it and know you are getting there. Then out of the blue it will remind you that everyone fails! Be smart, be safe, ride within your means and always ride your own ride! Being last does not mean your slow it just means your smart enough to know your comfort level. Ride on!
  10. 306dad

306dad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Come up to Indiana back roads and ride with us!