nOObs rALLy DV march MADness 2011

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Nov 28, 2010.

1. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer:
    That's not funny, Randy. :D
  2. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    "Running up there for a quick look-see" from Anaheim??? :huh
  3. Fishyhead

Fishyhead Eremikophobic

Oddometer:
    Not riding the KLR :deal
  4. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer:
    When are you heading up? Are you riding your street bike? Staying overnight? I'd love to go on a good ride this weekend... :evil
  5. Rob.G

Rob.G Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    By "there" do you mean Yosemite or Death Valley?

Rob
  6. J Lewis

J Lewis Numb Nuts

Oddometer:
    Guys and gals,

This is just a note to thank you all for pitching in and making the raffle a success. Origionally Joel wanted it to buy the two spots in the calss but we both thought it would be better to use it to donate some money to a good cause. (See, I'll use this for promotion somehow!) So between the nOObs Rally and JLR Off-Road we donated $700 to The Rider Down Foundation, $300 to the Blue Ribbon Coalition and $265 to CORVA. Collectivly this is going to really help out in the struggle for injured riders and to help keep lands open to multipule use recreation.

And the best of all, as soon as I get done with the two riders who won the classes, I will have a line of all of you wanting to know how they improved so much...all for a great cause.

Next JLR Class May 14/15 www.jlroffroad.com

JIMMY
  7. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

awesome jimmy....for providing the lessons, we were able to generate substantial donations to organizations dedicated to our cause. It's all about becoming better riders, helping others and keeping our public lands open.

coincidentally, the event also generated the following:

1. $260+ donation to stewards of sequioas (ramjet's idea).

2. $1000 collected revenue by the DV National Park from all the riders who paid to get in the park.

3. $3K+ income by Panamint Springs from ADV Members in one weekend.

4. Unaccounted business from all participating riders who spent $$$ on motorcycles, tires, tubes, parts, gear, food, fuel, t-shirts, stickers, glasses, beer, food, etc.

5. $150 donation to the ADV website. I know many of us take it for granted; its free and convenient. Sure, if you have a smug account you're pitching in, but in one way or another, we need to support this site which is the main reason we're all here.

This is one event not just about us having a good time, but sharing the fun and spreading the wealth as well.....:D

We will do it again next year.
  8. Rob.G

Rob.G Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    Welp my friend in Reno just bailed on our proposed DV ride for the weekend of May 14-15. I'm now trying to figure out what to do that weekend. Sigh. Says he can't deal with eight hours on a motorcycle. WTF??

Rob
  9. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    I'm still up for a ride. I wonder what happened with macadamia (Andy).

Still want to go campout with the RV and dirtbikes on memorial weekend, nothing setup yet.

BB is good with a plate, or stage at Pinnacles and ride the trails. Might be able to get another offroader to do that one, will call him. Maybe just a Saturday ride, no campout. It's an hour and a half from home.

The plated roads and greensticker roads go their seperate ways. Tell those BB guys to go ride the malcolm smith trail. :D I've ridden it both ways on the katoom. Both sides up are gnarly hill climbs. I doubt the little klx would make it. :earSurely not with roady tires.

The roads are nice up there though. I wouldn't even mind doing a road ride and stop in on the FF's and say hello. Fun trip on the streetbike.

I am also slated to go do some trail work in the Piutes. Will be checking up on that as well. Camping out near Kernville. That's singletrack on the dirtbike.
  11. Rob.G

Rob.G Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't have the skills to ride those hills anyway. I do have a fresh set of D606's waiting to go on it, but after today's ride, it's woefully overgeared for any serious offroad riding. Gonna need a -1 up front at the very least. That and suspension work. It works okay for very mild offroad and asphalt, but I don't think it'll work at all on gnarly stuff. Will definitely have to wait til shock and forks return from Cogent. But before even that, it needs a good seat. My butt is about to fall off from today's 290-mile ride.

Rob
  12. NSFW

Oddometer:

hi dave, yeah we still ourselves one more ride to dv, though i'm afraid the hot weather will be the factor.

hope to see you in BB.

i wonder when are you going to kernville. if rancheria is open by then, i want to give kernville another shot and take a side trip to the piute and spend the night there and head home the next day.

j
  13. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:
    Resurrecting this thread because....
    I need to find the handy-dandy, simple and small first responder instructions that were posted somewhere in here. Does anyone remember where or who posted it? I've been looking but there is so much (funny) banter here that I can't find it.

Thanks and hope to see you guys next year~!

SS
  14. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure that the first responder instructions were posted by airborndad....

Hi Suz!
  15. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:

16. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:
    Wow! That was fast! You guys with the smartphones are awesome!!! :deal

I am working on a project and needed a CPR refresher video. I found this and as a way of saying thanks for your reply, AirbornDad, I post this for you and others to enjoy...
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/11673844?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/11673844">Super Sexy CPR</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user3425496">Super Sexy CPR</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  17. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    THAT was the best CPR instruction I've ever received. Thanks SS! :thumb
  18. NSFW

Oddometer:

:rofl

damn you rich, that got your attention...:lol3

m1, are we going to have a kennedy meadows ride/camp this year???

:ear
  19. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    Will be riding thru Friday, possibly camp at Horse Meadows. Roadbikes. Saturday to Mineral King, Sunday to Kings Canyon, return Monday.
    RobG from the nOObs Rally is one of the riders, couple'a others from the versys forum.

Next trip up to KM is with the dirtbikes, ride single track. :thumb

Weather is going to be FANTASTIC!!
  20. NSFW

Oddometer:

hi dave, nice weekend to be up there.

have a good ride and please show us some pics...:wave

we can talk about km when you get back.