nOObs rALLy end of march madness 2012

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Jan 4, 2012.

1. rruugger

rruugger formally rruugger

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joel! :clap:clap:clap Dirt bikes, beer 'n nice folks make for a good time. Also thanks to the group of guys that dragged me through the mountains (u know who u r) great tracks!
  2. El Zorrillo

El Zorrillo charity case

Oddometer:
    got back about an hour ago. had a great time as usual! nice to see old friends and finally put faces to screen names.

thanks to joel for organizing this and putting up with all the headaches involved in making this another great get together.

(joel needs to re-hire the m.c. for the raffle again next year :D)
  3. gabepari

gabepari Throttle Flogger

Oddometer:
    x2!!!! What a hoot... I think catering might end up a hobby to a new comedy career :rofl

Gabe
  4. surferbum

surferbum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Relocated to Scottsdale, AZ from SF Bay area
    Rode my GS1200 home to San Francisco today (450 miles) & arrived after 9 (too many) hours. The first thing I did was stand in the warm shower. The wind was wicked for the first 4 hours and then just became mildly bad for the remainder. My route took me through Tehachapi Pass on CA56 where it was raining/snow flurrying and it hit 36*. Thought about pulling over but was worried it would just get worse.

Had a great time. Thanks to the ride leaders and riders on the Chloride/Rhyolite/Titus Adventure (GalacticGS) and Goler Wash and Mengel Pass (r3r3r). Goler Wash and Mengel Pass tested my GS1200 but with the help of my friends up the step, it did fine.

Joel: :freaky for your time and effort. Plus the others who made this possible.
  5. DaveBro

DaveBro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mootsuno and I back in Sonoma Co after the drive north. Hope no riders got caught in the rain/snow that was blowing through the Lake Isabella area as we drove through.

Joel - A huge thanks for another great n00b rally. I happened to show up for the first one (and provide some entertainment - see below for a reminder :D), but you have sustained this thing, providing not only the logistics but giving it its soul. Thank you my friend! :clap

Thanks to all who showed, and to everyone who gave their time and effort to provide food, drink, swag, and generally keep things going. Tired, hungry riders can get impatient and demanding - I hope everyone expressed appreciation to those who did the hard work to keep us all happy.

A big thanks to joefromsf for his great ride on Friday! Fantastic route. And to the group we had on our Lippincott/Hunter Loop Saturday - you're a great bunch and I really enjoyed meeting and riding with you all!

Edit: Forgot to say thanks to hotmamaandme (Cory and Marcia) for saving our tents in the windstorm yesterday. I understand there is video? We'd have been camped in Panamint Dunes without ya!

Dave

December 2007:

[​IMG]
  6. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    No problem. Make sure you put the 12mm allen wrench in your tool kit before your next ride. Hope you're not hurting too bad after that crash.
  7. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    glad to hear many peeps already made it home. hope the rest do too.

sorry to hear for those who had misfortunes. wish you all a quick recovery, and hope you all continue riding.

big thanks to all the participants, camp volunteers, ride leaders, generous supporters and to all friends who were very supportive and understand the value of this thread.

special mention to all the rescuers - john (jnyrav), bob (lonestar), dave (dsm8), larry (galacticgs), and leo (libratrades) for you unselfish commitment to help other riders. there could be more who stepped in and thank you too. good job my friends....:bow

cool to see lots of noobs and new faces coming to and gracing this event; nice to meet adv riders who came from far places and as far as british columbia.

death valley is truly an amazing place...the vastness, scenery and the riding are all there. the weather was exceptional for the most part. lots of people got their cups full by saturday afternoon.

folks, if you have pics to share...please post them here. this will give us a chance to go back weeks, months, and years from now that we were there and had a great time.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775230
  8. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
  9. jnyrav

jnyrav Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a fantastic last few days: great riding, good weather, met some new faces and made new friends while getting to ride with old ones....only wish it could have been longer...

Joel, thanks again for making this all happen!
    :freaky
  10. rjnutt

rjnutt Desert tortoise

Oddometer:
    Just got home....did a little too much exploring on the way back north. Thanks to everyone for making it another great year and Joel, you are the man :thumb

1437 miles for the week on my WR250R Goldwing....... see you all next year!
  11. CalGSer

CalGSer Traveling dude

Oddometer:
    Joel, thanks for pulling this thing together. Not sure what to expect so underestimated expectations, however they were greatly exceeded! Great people and rides. Jimmy, thanks for posting up and the clinic. See you guys next year.
  12. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer:
    Actually, I was across the street eating the breakfast buffet. I saw you pull out from the campground. I'll ship your jet boil, pm me your address.
  13. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer:
    I had both a great weekend and a tough one health wise. My Crohn's disease was acting up and had my down for the count this morning. It took me most of the day to pack. At a point around noon, I considered getting a motel room and wait until tomorrow. I finally finished at 5pm and set out. I decided to see how I felt and stop if required. The further I went, the better I felt. I arrived home about 10:30. The wind was bad all the way home.
  14. Eggroll

Eggroll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A BIG BIG THANK TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS AND THOSE COOL FOLKS WHO LEAD THE RIDES !

JOEL, I LOVE YOU ! YOU'RE THE BEST !:clap:clap:clap:clap

THE BEST nOObs rALLy EVER !

WE EVEN HAVE BABY NOW, THE FUTURE nOObs , "MINI-Me" THE RIDER

FOREVER nOObs Eggroll:lol3
  15. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    +1 on the BIG thanks to all the volunteets, ride leaders and especially Joel for a great event.

:clap:clap:clap
  16. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you Joel and all the ride leaders and volunteers. I had such a terrific time! I tried a lot of new things and learned a lot. I really enjoyed the group rides - the ride leaders were great at picking out rides that where just challenging enough without being over the top. Special thanks to lostrider for his fabulous sand tour and to the other riders on that ride for being so supportive and helpful.
    I'll be back next year!!!! Where's e sign up thread? :lol3
  17. NSFW

Oddometer:

cindy....seeing lots of noobs and new faces is a delight....but you are SPECIAL

you took the noob level up by a notch.....:cry

TOOK THE BIG LOOP, DOWN ON LIPPENCOTT AND RIDING IN THE DARK ON SALINE VALLEY.....:eek1:eek1:eek1

:clap

sorry, i have to eat your share of the friday dinner.......:lol3
  18. NSFW

Oddometer:
    folks, i apologize to both participants and donors for forgetting to raffle these donations.

1- dunlop 606 front tire 21" (from sito)
    1- nemo wallet (from fudgypup)
    1- 1 year free subscription to advmoto magazine (nicomama)

so, what i'll do, use them to reward those who post their pics and reports to the RR.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775230

and instead of just the front tire, i am donating a matching rear, therefore the winner gets a set of dunlop 606s, and will drop ship them to your house.

tires - best ride report
    we give the wallet and magazine to 2 other contributors (draw a name out of a hat)

folks, you may not win anything, still give it a try and by posting your pics...everyone will be happy to see them.
  19. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    We just completed issuing the Italian Dinner refunds to all who did not instruct us to send their funds to SOS. However, any payments that were sent in prior to 02/02/2012 can't be refunded electronically according to PayPal, as refunds can only be issued within 60 days of the original payment.

So would the following either send me their address and we will get a check out to you, or instruct me to send it in with the rest of the money for SOS ? Do not post up instructions here, send them to kingsofthewestrally@gmail.com

John Chrisman
    Cheryl Petersen
    Tim Barstow
    Ken Webb
    Randy Adams
    Andy Hull
    Robert Holleman
    Dave Walsh
    Larry Dysert
    Joe Coveney
  20. SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro Proper Naughty

Oddometer:
    Made it back around nightfall yesterday. I took the long way home through Central California from Bakersfield via Parkfield and a squidly dash up 25. Lots of fun.

A big thankyou to everyone whom pitched in to make this event a lot of fun. I know these things don't happen by themselves and your efforts are very much appreciated! :thumb