nOObs rALLy end of march madness 2012

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Jan 4, 2012.

1. r3r3r

r3r3r Wildebeast

Oddometer:
    Home yesterday around 5:30. Plenty of time to unpack and clean up.

Big thanks to Joel and everyone who made this event a possibility. :clap

Special thanks to everyone who went riding with me, I had a wonderful time riding with and getting to know all of you. :thumb

I'll post up photos in the ride report thread in the next few days.
  2. r3r3r

r3r3r Wildebeast

Oddometer:
    Ed, I had a great time riding with you on Friday as well. That was an epic loop, and a great group of riders. I hope it's not snowed in next year, I'd like to do it again.

Sorry about the crash. Everyone kept telling me it was a flat, but failed to mention it was accompanied by a crash (until you told me back at camp). I'm glad you're ok, and we can always do Goler/Mengel next time around! :ricky

Matt, thank you for bravely and competently navigating that 1200 up Goler and through Mengel Pass. That is quite an achievement. Even more thanks to you and Bob for getting Joel (pearlite) and his DRZ out of Mengel Pass and back on the road home. :D
  3. WeAre138

WeAre138 fried calamari

Oddometer:
    If anyone found a plate near striped butte please contact me. It has a 2013 reg sticker and the corners ripped off. Bonus points if you also found my turn signal.

Huge thanks to Joel and supporting crew for another amazing year!
    Cheers,
    _Seth
  4. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
  5. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Joel, and all the contributers. With so many helpers, there was a little bit for everyone to do and (hopefully) not overkill for one. I know that Joel contributed more than his share of hours on this so a big thanks to Joel for being the kind of person who will step up and handle an event project like this. Pete, thanks for helping last minute Fri before dinner. :clap
  6. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

paul, on sunday afternoon, someone in a car pulled up in the camp and informed me of your situation. i was the only one pretty much there since the rest of the guys were out riding. he said you have a dead battery. took me a while to get there (sorry) since my shit was all over the campsite. glad to see you're already gone and on your way home when i got there.

yeah, thanks to rjnutt and espi for saving our thursday ride. was all my fault, missed the turn and we lost that 20 miles of fuel range that would have gotten us back to camp. full story on the RR later.
  7. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:

Sorry to say that was OMC rider named Pringle_Ron. He's back home and is going to have it checked today. Thanks to all who helped him limp back.
  8. bayarearider

bayarearider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Big thanks to Joel for putting this together. Big thanks to Seth(weare138) for introducing this to me and also for hooking me up with Randall (r3r3r) and I had great fun riding the Goler pass on Saturday. The entire group was great and fast and it was the best ride I ever did. I will be there next year for sure.
  9. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    This n00b finally made it down Lippencot, I was hot, thirsty, drank the warm water in my camel back. Meh, Dainbramage was kind enough to share a beer with us.

This maniac with brown goggles comes flying up asking if we need a beer :huh. H*ll yes :slurpchatted some had another :slurpthen off back to PSR :ricky.

I will tell you that Saline valley road is a lot faster in the day on a bike vs. at night in a 4x4 Dodge 2500. DSM8 was trooper as the truck beat him to death. :beer

I ended up with two new lines for the sig line:

Sand Suxs....Dainbramage Saturday night DV 2012
    "It is better that you don't know how far down it goes" DSM8 to me as I was driving down Saline Valley road (at night) to recover Macadamia.
  10. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    Good to hear he made it back.
  11. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nancy and I safely arrived home about 9PM after a long day of riding and then battling the wind on the way home.
    Lots of miles with lots of smiles, even on the cold ride home we had fun riding sideways down a straight road and were sad it had to end. (OK, Nancy didn't like that part, but once we turned in Mojave we had one hell of a tail wind) :evil

Thank you once again Joel, and all the other MANY people who made this such an enjoyable event to be a part of. :clap

Once I recover from the n00b ride, I'll get some photos and tales going in the RR thread....
    I'm currently uploading a bunch of photos, more to come but here's the link:

https://lostrider.smugmug.com/Motor...-N00B/22239622_M8pDVW#!i=1776482761&k=PbzgZSn

[​IMG]
  12. adventureduo

adventureduo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As a genuine Noob, i had a great time. Joel thanks for putting this on and all the folks that helped him. Thanks to all the great sponsors for donating too. Everyone was really friendly too. Nice meeting many of you.

Here's a shot of me for now... i put more miles on my bike this weekend in the dirt, then i have combined since i bought it 3 months ago. More to come after i recoup, sore muscles and sun burned! Dying to get back on the saddle :1drink

[​IMG]
  13. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    BTW, I have to say that this noob Rally was not complete with out Noel (Dunerat) and Val... :cry
    Wish you were there...
  14. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:

Neither are Noobs in any form.......................................but great people. :freaky
  15. Scrambleon

Scrambleon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! What a fun filled 3 days of riding. 458 miles of Death Valley beauty with some wind for good measure.

Joel thanks for coordinating this event. It was a pleasure finally meeting you. To GalaticGS and LostRider, thanks for stepping up and being ride leaders. Your knowledge of the Death Valley area was helpful and made our ride "emergencies" manageable and survivable.

Special thanks to fudgypup and PERRO-FROM-HELL for letting me tag along with them on Saturday. It was a blast in more ways than one. :clap

[​IMG]

Scrambleon (AKA Josh)
  16. theGrinch

theGrinch SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer:
    +1

just to name a few...

was a great 1st DVnoob ride for me and Sheri she loved it.:crash

Did a great ride with airborn and son. First time 2up for Sheri 175+ miles, hope she's ready for more I am (dirt that is).:ricky

Got to hike to the top of Darwin Falls (the second one) over 70' hard to get to with Sheri (rock scrambler noob) but well worth it.

To top it all off went to Badwater and Mahogany Flat in the same day. Looks like I found my new high camp.:bubba

Cool Prizes too.:evil

Thanks Joel for putting it all on, you are truly "King of the Noobs".

:freaky

17. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    Nice pic! Is that Big Todd?
  18. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    :super
  19. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    I'd have that one framed and in my trophy room! Kick ass with the red on b&W background!
  20. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    For sure going to try and ride with Lost Rider more often!