nOObs rALLy end of march madness 2012

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Jan 4, 2012.

1. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    Jim,
    Thanks for helping me adjust my chain before heading back to camp Sunday! I need to keep a closer eye on that!
    Bob
  2. joefromsf

joefromsf Dark Happens Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bummer Joel, I didn't see this post until I got home. You could have joined us on our Sunday Steel Pass ride.
  3. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:

No problem Bob. That thing made a lot of noise, so to prevent problems I figured it better be done. Lube it gently and then get an assistant to help measure while you're on the bike and once adjusted, you'll know what looseness:eek1 you need. :lol3

Glad you made it out to DV and home safe.
  4. r3r3r

r3r3r Wildebeast

Oddometer:
    Hari, I'm glad you had a good time. We should ride together again sometime. Mendo is coming up next month... :wink:

Joel, I'm glad to hear that you got home safe. I didn't see any of the spills, but it sounds like some of them were pretty rough. You were certainly a trooper through that entire ride. I hope that all is well once you get checked out.

AND, a special thanks to both of you for helping Pearlite get back on the road to camp at a safe pace.
  5. Vermon

Vermon not gnarly

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    ...Pablo and his open fly in action!!

He was a life saver in the middle of desert... all my water leaked out and into my ass crack:lol3

I wont forget his forward lean... drunk but not skunked ...ready to go Pablo:clap

6. Riddler990

Riddler990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Verner, Y'all gonna give us a ride report with the fine picts you took with yo iPad? Brang It!:rofl

[​IMG]
  7. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Did you go any farther on that trail?
  8. Vermon

Vermon not gnarly

Oddometer:

" I feeex it ... da somesabeach!!" said the bearded man with a funny grinn...
    (after El (pincho) Zorrillo pinched his own tubeo)
    [​IMG]

Brawhaha ...too funny, but kinda sad...Tom and Jon spent ++hours the night before changing tires and no pinchy!
    and "BINGO" in the middle of the desert...nice look Riddler:evil
  9. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

joe, no problem, i wouldn't probably ride that sunday, only had 3 hours of sleep.

i envy everyone who did cerro gordo, hunter mountain and steel pass. previous years we got skunked because of the snow. last weekend was perfect. the wind didn't really bothered me, on the contrary it improved my riding skills. we motorcyclist have to deal with the elements.

dv is so huge, and too many places to go and explore.
  10. isaac004

isaac004 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to say thanks again to Joel for organizing and everyone who helped put this ride together.

Thanks to jarthur for leading an awesome Steele Pass loop on Friday and spafixer for playing all terrain gas man and carrying extra fuel out to the Saline Warm Springs.

Thanks to r3r3r for leading Saturday's ride around the Goeler/Mengel/Warm Springs loop....that was a fun ride, even with the wind!

Great to have you Mark (forgot your screenname) join Mike and I on Sunday's ride to Saline Warm Springs for a relaxing dip in the water.

I've been slammed with all sorts of things to do since I got back, but hopefully will have my photos up by the end of the week.

Great to meet and ride with everyone, too many names to recall! :D
  11. Riddler990

Riddler990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yesser we did, sure it'll show up on Toast's video.
  12. bayarearider

bayarearider Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Randall - I am doing the Sheetiron 300 next month. So I wont be at Mendo, but since you are are in Santa Cruz, pm me anytime if you know of any good areas to ride.
  13. NSFW

Oddometer:
    good eyes vermon....:lol3

yeah, if it wasn't for pablo and rjnutt, paul and i would never make it to the springs and back to camp....:thumb

it was also pablo who brought the advmoto magazines...great reading and will subscribe for sure.

check out my sig line for the RR linky.
  14. NSFW

Oddometer:
    i bought 3 dozen tees and have plenty of left overs. mostly M and 2xl. if you need one or 2 @ $13/shirt and shipped....please PM me.

otherwise, i'll just give them to all those posting their RR at the Ride Report Thread.
  15. boney

boney Ride > Post Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wish we knew you were gonna do Steel Pass on Sunday. We probably would have stayed and ridden with you too.
  16. izzyblue

izzyblue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Success Joel!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome , it was a great weekend and it was a pleasure seeing everyone having such a great time:clap:clap:

Thank you Danny, Roy and Jimmy for all the laughs and yummy delicious gourmet food.... We picked the perfect spot::freaky

Big thanks to rich and Pablo for the best beer at the hot springs... I was dreaming of it all the way there:l:1drink:

Special agent nancy, cowgirl, biz, Grinch and Sherrie, it was a pleasure meeting you all..... Hope to see you soon....

Jim, your the sweetest! Thank you...

And to everyone I met and who helped me and gave me encouragement.... Thank you

~ nancy
  17. NSFW

Oddometer:

great meeting you nancy.... and all the ladies. i missed specialagentnancy.....:raabia
    good job taming the 650......:clap
    [​IMG]

sorry folks, taking me too long to post my RR. coming...:evil
  18. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Nancy and Cowgirl were real champs on our Sunday ride ... Gotta tell ya Nancy, don't see too many smiles as big as yours after the bike goes for a sand nap :D Keep up the HAPPY riding!

This pic Finn took Sunday will always remind me of someone who loves what they're doing

[​IMG]
  19. NSFW

Oddometer:
    all short sleeves
    2 large for sale or trade with xl
    plenty of mediums
    lots of xxl

anyone who has an xl who wants to trade with L? i need 2.
  20. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Great photo!
    I had a very nice dinner on Thursday courtesy of Finn and Nancy.
    Thank you!
    You are both very gracious people and I enjoyed your company.