Noobs - Unite in Southern California Mountains!

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Little Bike, Apr 10, 2013.

?

When are you available to ride?

1. Saturdays

2. Sundays

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Little Bike

Little Bike Air/Clutz Sue Supporter

Oddometer:
    I should be up for some riding by then. Let me know more about your plans when it gets closer to Jan 22.
  2. Antares600rr

Antares600rr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in the Palm Springs area, just down the way from Joshua Tree. Pm me and I can show you around!

Sent from my brake caliper
  3. Bbenson

Bbenson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am starting in death valley, headed down to Temecula, then headed over to joshua tree. Open ended trip, I don't feel like having a scheduled. I have some good ride routes from http://offroadinghome.com/, great site, rider posted routes on google maps. Have been getting great beta on rides.
  4. outlaws

outlaws Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Woahh that's sweet,... however the dropbox links for download is not working anymore... can you send me the kmz files for CA?

Another site of my favorite for tracks is http://dualsportmaps.com/
  5. Little Bike

Little Bike Air/Clutz Sue Supporter

Oddometer:

I'm in Temecula:D
  6. Bbenson

Bbenson Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. outlaws

outlaws Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. Bbenson

Bbenson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I made her and have been riding from vegas to temecula. Next stop is Anza Borrego and Joshua Tree if anyone is interested
  9. al1979

al1979 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i am up for any noob ride. i will keep checking on this post. thanks.
  10. Dan-DS

Dan-DS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dirt noob here...so, I'm resurrecting this from 'dead to thread' in the hopes of generating some interest among other novice dirt riders.

I recently picked up a CRF250L and looking to ride with others - adds in fun and also better for safety. I live in Long Beach, so I'm open to rides in CNF or ANF as they are about equi-distant for me. I tend to ride slower as my dirt skills are pretty much nil.

Ride safe!
    Dan
  11. HBSURFDAD

HBSURFDAD Oops, Sorry Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in as well!
  12. Beaumont Paco

Beaumont Paco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in, 68 yo, will be riding the 12th, 13, and 14 in Baja.....free after that for a ride, I'm in Beaumont I have some single track just a short less than a mile from home for smaller bikes or DR 650 for some gravel roads adventure.........Not a noob but I like to ride like one.
    my WR 450 is plated.
  13. mr. thumbs

mr. thumbs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beaumont, single track, not a noob, I'm in. Is it the skinny stuff ridge stuff? Beaumont is awesome after a little rain.

This was my last ride in Beaumont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beaumont Paco likes this.
  14. mac26r

mac26r n00b

Oddometer:
    Just moved to beaumont area from the Pacific Northwet. I'm all in and can't wait to find places to ride and make new riding buddies!
  15. Dan-DS

Dan-DS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mac...you're in a great spot. You are straddled by the Big Bear area and Idyllwild - plenty of trails to explore! I have yet to explore either of those areas, but there's plenty written about both on this forum and others.

Dan
    socalnative likes this.
  16. pvt joker

pvt joker Latebird

Oddometer:
    Me too
  17. mac26r

mac26r n00b

Oddometer:
    Mr Thumbs. Not a noob and definitely in for some single track! BTW that last video you posted looks more like my rides in Washington than sunny socal! :)
  18. Beaumont Paco

Beaumont Paco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok lets stop the shit chat and put a small ride together here in beaumont,,.,,,, Mac26r was that you riding the trails east of Sun Lakes about 3 months or more ago? PACO
  19. mac26r

mac26r n00b

Oddometer:
    Wasn't me but it should have been! I'm ready this weekend just tell me where to meet up?
  20. Dan-DS

Dan-DS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Since I resurrected this thread, I should at least post up a ride alternative to those that can't make Beaumont ride with Paco and mac26r.

We're gathering up for a ride in Cleveland National Forest (CNF) tomorrow (Sat., Oct. 8th). We're meeting up at CJ Coffee House in Orange at 10am.

CJ Coffee House
    8512 E Chapman Ave
    Orange, CA 92869

From CJ, we'll ride Santiago Canyon Rd. to Silverado Canyon Rd. to the Maple Springs visitor center. Then, we'll ride off-road up Maple Springs Truck Trail to Four Corners - this section is great for noobs. You can turn around from that point and return back down for an easy ride. Or, continue on with us to North Main Divide Road to Bedford Motorway. I'm not sure what this second half is like...hoping for easy/moderate stuff. We'll see.

More details on this post here.

Dan