NorCal 49er Rally

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by RockyRaccoon, May 25, 2002.

1. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Found:Gideon's Bible Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. thwack

thwack Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    and one thing i can tell you is CRasH knows how to CRasH :evil
    love every minute of the trials ,and i gat to met a LOT of great DUDES
    and a SHIT LOAD OF POSSER TOO,,,,,,,,
    ADVriderS RULE :1drink

NOTE: especial thank to "GS mullins" and his mentorial skills ,very helpfull and confidence inspaering
    a big aplausse to "Happily Homeless"and the way he keeps the GS spirit alive, very refreshing
    to mister FISH, the super master brain , with a sense of humor that is 'not even funny"( you"BELLY" hurts after a few minutes from all the lauthing)
    and SANTA the genthe man,,,, he is like robin hood's" LITTLE JOHN" but so nice at the same ,,,,,and, ho boy he can ride!!!
  4. RockyRaccoon

Oddometer:
    I wish I'd gotten a pic of Ricardo and his bike -- he rolled in just as I was rolling out. Your first impression is sorta like Dr. Evil meets Mad Max. Stuff piled on the back of the bike like a tinker's wagon. And then ... this crazy bald guy practically bounces off the walls! I call him Ricochet Ricardo.:rofl More energy than an energizer bunny.
  5. Mully

Mully Kineticist

Oddometer:
    Just back from the Gold Country and still buzzin' from the good time! AdvRiders were pretty well represented in numbers and were the pacesetters in style ! Ricardo won the award for "Round The World" bike category with his 160K mile GS with two mountain bikes on his patented carrier on the back; Fish documented the whole affair in pixels (wait for 'em - they should be killer) and was the Moral Conscience of the group; the rest of us did what we do. It was very cool.

I had an idea to ride up Pliocene Ridge and come out at Bassett's Station, but got stopped on two different attempts by snow at the 6500 foot level. Nobody else up there but me, so I had to turn back. Still got some good time on the dirt and had fun.

Had to boogie early Sunday morning due to other commitments (deposits in the marital bank account among them), and so missed the Trials: I wanted to do it, but had second thoughts doing it on the Oilhead/fat bike. Whoever did it, respect them: I'm sure the pix will not do the course justice - it was pretty burley in places, steep and loose and slick and all.

For those who weren't there, I've posted a few pix at:http://www.pbase.com/gsmullins/49er_rally. Thanx for the hospitality to all the folx I met - Fish, cRasH, Santa, Mongo, Rad, Eric, Steve, Ricardo (stop apologizing for your English! You speak better than a lot of the people I work with, fer chrisakes!), and everybody else I forgot. Let's do it again when we have more time and fewer interruptions!

Best,
    GSMullins
    El Lay
  6. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    my girl friend call me RICKY raKUHN
    fish call RICO SUAVE ,,,all my fault
    my friends in my country call me" PATINETO"(skateboard man) because i skateboard day and nigth for many years at least 13 miles a day on the MOST violent city at least in this continent if not the world ,a lot of RICCOCHETS ,,,BULLETS that is,,,,,,, BOGOTA in COLOMBIA
    maybe we need a contest for a new nick name ,,egocentric ,me, NEVER.

about mister mullins COW last frase
    we have a joke in my country,,,let see if a can translated ,,,,
    WARNING & DISCLAMER is not exaclly "PC"
    "two bulls on top of a hill ,the young one tells the old one ,,,,,,let run to the bottom and FUCK a COW ,the old one tell him ,,,NOooooo,let walk slow and FUCK them all !!!!!!:evil
  7. RockyRaccoon

Oddometer:
    Evie (the wife) and I met up with Ray and Patti at the 49er Rally on Sunday and took a little jaunt up through the fast sweepers to Foresthill, then down the tight twisties into the canyon where Fort Jim Road eventually turned to dirt, crossed the old swinging bridge and up the other side to Colfax. A beautiful day, fun roads, great company.

http://www.pbase.com/lookoutranch/gallery/raynpatti

Hmmmm. Just noticed that feature where you rotate the photos to vertical format kind of makes a mess of things. Have to keep playing with the photo editing software, or learn to take landscape pictures of waterfalls.:flush
  8. jimstrider

jimstrider Adventure StRider

Oddometer:
    It was a hoot meeting some of the ADVrider gang at the rally, even if GSMullins doesn't remember meeting Michele and me. :cry

I'm not going to ask about the mystery noises in the sheep barn Saturday night, but I think fish and the Mag's Bags dog were up to something. :evil

There were lots of fine bikes and fine people to go with them.
    Here is my pick for the finest scooter at the rally:

Attached Files:

9. 53_tele

53_tele Laid Back

Oddometer:
    It was a fine time and I agree, the R/50 was close to museum! I suspect Fish got tired of me bothering him with bull shit, which prompted him to discard his ADV Rider shirt. He just didn't want to have anymore damned pests disrupting his bonus bonding! Great meeting ya'll.

Steve
  10. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Nah, hell no. I enjoyed meeting you and your family Steve. It was great when ADVriders and Jr. ADVriders (lurkers) would come up and introduce themselves. I must have met 30 people who knew of the site and/or were registered.

Bring a guitar next time, dood.
  11. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Nice to meet you too, Kurt.

[​IMG]
  12. Mully

Mully Kineticist

Oddometer:
    Sorry, hard drive's pretty full and no defrag in a long, long time.....

Lemme think.......you were the handsome dude with the Bo Derek look-alike on his arm? "Flame", right?? :evil Things were pretty, um, foggy by that time Saturday nite........

Glad you could make it!

Best,
    GSM
    El Lay
  13. RockyRaccoon

Oddometer:
  14. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Yep, jimstrider and that babalicious Michelle showed up on their RT. Unfortunately, all I have is a bad pic of jim, but not michelle.

[​IMG]

She's HOTTTTT![​IMG]
  15. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    looks like you guys had a fun time :thumb
  16. cRAsH

cRAsH Banned

Oddometer:
    Thanks for making our first ride together quick but fun!
    Patti loved the route, is sold on the capabilities of the mighty GS, and can't wait to get back out your way soon.

I felt like a ping-pong ball, bouncing up and down 80 all weekend, but it was great to be able to do both the rally and the basketball tourney, if only part time.
  17. RockyRaccoon

Oddometer:
    If she wants to do it again, I'd say she's a keeper!:thumb
    http://www.pbase.com/image/2228169

Enjoyed meeting her and riding with you guys. Come back soon, and we'll pack a picnic and go finds some nice swimming holes tucked away in the canyons.:nod
  18. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the asylum, Patty :evil
  19. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kurt,

We had a great time...what a fun group of guys (and a lady or two also)!

Kurt many thanks for the ride suggestions for us on Friday. We had a fantastic, high speed 4 days!

Cheers,
    Steve in So Cal