Norcal BMW 'Range of Light' Gypsy Tour - Labor Day Weekend, August 29 - Sept 1, 2008

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by MaddBrit, May 28, 2008.

1. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    sat...sun...home monday.....???? :eek1 Today doesnt count unless your already there.:deal :thumb
  2. Burnszilla

Burnszilla BurnsMoto.com

Oddometer:
    I'm leavin' work at 2pm.:wink:
  3. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Oddometer:
    I will be very shortly... :D :p
  4. RocknTroll

RocknTroll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fer those of you that didn't get on the list with the winos fer Fitzpatrics tonight, there's a place on Main St in town, pretty sure it's within staggerin distance of the camp, that my coworkers been raving bout. Says ya can't beat the smoked briscuit they do there, I'll see if he's lying tonight.
    35 mins an I'm outa here,see ya'll tonight :clap
  5. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Oddometer:
    He's prolly talking about Incahoots. Good food but service is reallly slow.

9486 Main
    Plymouth, CA 95669
    <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = SKYPE /><SKYPE:SPAN onmouseup="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class=skype_tb_injection onmousedown="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,2,'0',true,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id=softomate_highlight_0 onmouseover="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,'');" title="Call this phone number in United States of America with Skype: +12092455544" onclick="javascript:skype_tb_doRunCMD('call','0',null,0);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,0,'0',true,'');" IamRTL="0" context="209-245-5544" durex="0"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_nop> </SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN onmouseup="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class=skype_tb_imgA_flex onmousedown="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',2,1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id=skype_tb_droppart_0 onmouseover="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1);" title="Skype actions" style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/TRISK/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_a.modern.flex.gif)" onclick="javascript:skype_tb_SwitchDrop(this,'0','sms=0',true);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',0,1);"> <SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_nop> </SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgFlag id=skype_tb_img_f0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/TRISK/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/famfamfam/US.gif)"> </SKYPE:SPAN> <SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_nop> </SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgS id=skype_tb_img_s0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/TRISK/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_s.modern.gif)"> </SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_injectionIn id=skype_tb_text0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/TRISK/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_m.modern.gif)"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_innerText id=skype_tb_innerText0>209-245-5544</SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgR id=skype_tb_img_r0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(file://C:/DOCUME~1/TRISK/LOCALS~1/Temp/__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache/e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506/static/inactive_r.modern.gif)"> <SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_nop> </SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN>
  6. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    Hey....so whoever gets there first needs to set up an ADV Rider area. Those BMW NorCal Folks have sensitive ears. Slain and Hurty can confirm that! :deal

oh, and an area for weird ass Canadain's with weird accents. They need their OWN special place for their special needs.
  7. RocknTroll

RocknTroll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey I'm just gonna try to grab a spot with some shade
  8. MaddBrit

MaddBrit Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer:
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

:lol3

The big pig is packed, and I am on way way. See YFF's at the fairgrounds :wave

Keep the rubber side down everyone.

:ricky
  9. Burnszilla

Burnszilla BurnsMoto.com

Oddometer:
    There will be two of us Canucks.
    [​IMG]
  10. Slaniac

Slaniac Martini elbow

Oddometer:
    When you do, note the direction of the sun. Shade one hour, direct sun the next. Hell, if Hurty hadn't lost weight I'd suggest you ust pitch in his shadow, but that option has gone away. See ya there, we should get in about 3 3:30. Look for beer can pile.
  11. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    nice boots
  12. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    BMW Norcal Member: "Hey, I didn't know those ADV Rider Guys were gonna be here. Those guys are KNOWN for having a good time."

You had to be there, but I hope this puts it all into perspective:
    We are all gathered around in a drinking circle at camp, enbriated and having a dammed good time. Hurty had started in about how last time he'd attened a NorCal event and our response to having to help them make a campfire. The Arrrgh Riders were a few meters away at their table making their way into their 2nd bottle of John Daniel's for that evening. They were making their trademark yells, pirate "AARRRRRRRGHHHHHHH's", and guzzling down beers.

Mick had chimed in and was on a rant about how the NorCal group appeared to be less than appreciative of our large turn-out of ADV crew attending their annual event. Just then one of the board members walks up, places his hand on Mick's shoulder and says "Do you know who's doing all the screaming and yelling and why?"

Mick goes silent......"the the..we....er.....I...they.....eh....feck"

"Why, whats the problem" says Slaniac

"Its a bit loud and people are trying to sleep" the member replies.

"Well, I dont see what the deal is, hell.....what time is it anyways?" asks Hurty

"8:43pm" I said. "I think the sun just went down"

The board member quietly dirifts away into the darkness as he was apparently unable to come back with a reasonable response. OR, we just couldnt hear him as he walked away, while we laughed our drunk asses off. Telling us to be quiet at 845 at night. Are you fucking KIDDING ME? Eventually we all stumbled to our beds.

I considered getting up and complaining when I woke up the next morning to the sound of people packing their shit and firing their bikes up:deal . However, it was 6:45am and I was still drunk. So, I fell back alseep.:becca

Oh, and thanks to Slatz for a dammed good call on making reservations at the winery. Dammed good time. However, being corrected by a 19yr old waitress after I called their green stuff 'Shit', she informed me they are refered to as vegitables.
    OOOOPS! :fyyff
    Oh shit...Im almost at 2000 posts
  13. Trumper

Trumper Eclectic Dilettante

Oddometer:
    Humboldt, California, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
    It was wonderful to drift off to sleep with the "Arrrrrrrrrrrr's" wafting through the pines at Twin Lakes. I felt comforted and right at home....

Fun ride too!

OK, who has the pic of the GS upside down in the tree off of Cottonwood Road?
  14. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah. Who's got pics. I did not go as planned and I want to see the pics.

What have you got?

SS
  15. MaddBrit

Oddometer:
    Yeah, we got some pics...

A few of us Adv types joined nearly 200 other riders for this years Range of Light Rally.

Advrider Slatz hooked us up for pizza and wine at a local winery in Sonoma on Friday night.

Thats Slats (Richard) on the right. Thanks for getting us in buddy.

[​IMG]

:thumb

Twenty local advriders showed up, and It was outstanding.

[​IMG]

:freaky

[​IMG]

The first day saw the temperatures soar to 108F. Luckily it cooled down over the Sierra's.

[​IMG]

The Sierra's were looking absolutely stunning this year...

[​IMG]

Monitor pass does not suck!

:ricky

[​IMG]

As you can see, we had a terrible time!

[​IMG]

:D

I hate to point this out, but the Norcal secretary couldnt believe that the Norcal boys were the last ones partying on Sunday night, at least an hour after the Adv boys went nighty nights... :snore

:hide
  16. Tyler

Tyler Miss Demeanor

Oddometer:
    Ah yes... me and 19 men... one of the highlights of the trip for me. :D

17. MaddBrit

Oddometer:
    Bloody n00bs!

These secret spy fotos taken of our intrepid submarine commander...

[​IMG]

:ymca

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. MaddBrit

Oddometer:
    Ugly FF's...

'Suits you, Sir!'

[​IMG]

:fyyff

[​IMG]

'Howz my martini elbow, Brit?

[​IMG]

$10 to the first inmate who posts a pic of this dude riding his GS on the ROL Rally...

[​IMG]

:augie

[​IMG]

19. MaddBrit

Oddometer:
    Yes....it did seem to have a strange effect on you....

[​IMG]

20. GillaFunk

Oddometer:
    Tell them to piss off. We were up until the wee hours of the morning on Friday (I crashed around 1am I think) and Probably until midnight on saturday. You failed to mention those heehaws were always up at the crack of dawn waking us up? that was fecking aggrivating. :baldy After 2 hard nights of drinking, riding and being woken up at 630 by club members with their noisy ass tractor GS's 2 days in a row, were were a bit tired. Not to mention, I wasnt there on sunday to keep everybody going :deal

So, Saturday and Sunday I rode with these two idiots:
    Burnszilla
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They ride slower than fuck.
    [​IMG]

They stop a lot too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But...we saw some pretty country
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was here that I heard about the story about the Harley couple who, on their wedding day, consumated their vows in the streets of Markleyville with the woman on her knee's.....giving all her attention, to the riders.....member :clap Funny, you dont see that kind of thing at a Beemer event. Hell, you wouldnt even see that at an ADV event. :thumb

Dinner
    [​IMG]

Dinner was......not worth the $$ as all the food I got was cold. :puke2 Luckily some of the members just rode all the way from camp......instead of walking the 500 yards.
    [​IMG]

The ARRRGGHHHHHH Riders.....ARE a good time!:rayof :freaky
    [​IMG]

Good times ended about the time there was an accident on Hwy 50. We waited.
    [​IMG]

But...once we got on Mormom Emmigrant Trail...it got nice
    [​IMG]

Even rode with the Sherrif for a bit :rayof
    [​IMG]

The ride to Georgetown was a hoot.
    [​IMG]

Sorry to hear about all the accidents. Between the guy I "ALMOST HIT" (Deusch bag) and NotBetty's ......tip-over.:huh
    [​IMG]

Maybe we should all pitch in for some new lights for her? Think these might help?
    [​IMG]

Great riding, great company (for the most part), and great booze and food (Thanks Slatz:1drink) . However, those NorCal folks dont seem to like us much.

Good Seeing everyone and I look forward to see you FF's at the Redwood Rendezvous.

Thanks for leading Burnzy:clap