North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    I play several very competitive moto tag games, with lots of rules, lots of movement, and often lots of aggressive behavior... but with this game it is our intent to contribute to the entertainment and good will of a casual and fun time while helping Luis move alongand meet new people. We appreciate the understanding and friendly atmosphere! ;)
  2. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't worry. You're good. But if you're feeling exceptionally guilty, you can bring him back to, say.... North Carolina or like that. :D
    RidingDonkeys likes this.
  3. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    New Location.

Caspersen Beach.
    Famous for shark teeth. South of Venice. I got up early this morning for a solo ride, before the gray hairs hit the road and/or before they got out of church.
    1.jpg

Way in the back corner of the park is a parking area with a kayak/boat ramp. In the opposite corner of that parking area, is Luis. Parking area and short access road is either hard packed sand/dirt or pavement with a dusting of sand/dirt on it. Either way, I consider it safe for street bikes, but wanted to mention it so that there are no surprises.
    2.jpg

I tucked Luis in tight, wedged in the palm tree bark about 5ft up off the ground, and covered him with several dead palms.
    3.jpg

My daughter is travelling with me. We will be passing by this way again in a couple days, and then maybe (maybe) again later in the week. It has been our intent for HER to grab it at some point, and relocate it even further South, in the Everglades or maybe in the Keys. With the mechanical issues that we are experiencing with her bike (Ninja 250) though, that has complicated things and we're just not sure what to do at this point. Luis might just stay where he is. ....or OR... depending on what others think, she could potentially snag him in a couple days as we head South, or later this week on the way back thru, and move him back North. What we DON'T want to do is place him TOO far South, and stall the game. Florida is not exactly known for having the best motorcycle roads, so... will there be someone come thru and help Luis keep moving forward, or should she bring him back North were the 'Real' motorcyclists and real motorcycle roads are? ;)
  4. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    well, so much for bringing it back to Ohio... oh, we got blizzard here now... so enjoy the warm south.. ride safe.. take your time, this is just the "Start" of the winter weather now.. damn, gotta finally pull out the damned snowblower.. fuggggggg....:imaposer:imaposer
  5. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm.... I've got a friend on Pine Island about an hour south of there. Think I'll introduce him to ADV and send a link....
  6. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome Supporter

Oddometer:
    PineyMountainRacing likes this.
  7. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    I was at the VNC airport yesterday, a mile away :doh

picking up would be easy, but where to drop off, hmmm...... work will tie up my daylight hours for the next 5 days so I’m probably not gonna be much help, but I’ll keep an eye on this thread in case things change.
    turtlemoye likes this.
  8. LWitt03

LWitt03 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Luis has been retrieved. Will try to have a quick turnaround as long as bike cooperates. Today will be a travel day for Luis and me.

Attached Files:

9. LWitt03

LWitt03 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Everglades City entrance sign. Luis is placed on the back side of sign (the side furthest away from the road) under the rock in the picture. IMG_1966.JPG IMG_1969.JPG IMG_1967.JPG
    Chris-KH2PM, witttom and BlueM00se like this.
  10. LWitt03

LWitt03 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Also, Luis is now sporting the number 8 in memory of Paulo Goncalves, who passed away in this year's Dakar.
    Chris-KH2PM, Kingpf, witttom and 2 others like this.
  11. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    For the record, Everglades City is where we have parted ways with Luis #8 for the last time. We do not expect to be passing thru this way again.

I recieved multiple emails from riders in Florida or coming to Florida in the near future, expressing an interest in meeting Luis and traveling with him for a spell. Hopefully we have moved him far enough South to provide an adventure, but not TOO far South to deter interest.

Best of luck, and ride safe. Maybe we'll see Luis again in a few months if he migrates back North.
    AFHans and MAN OF BLUES like this.
  12. turtlemoye

turtlemoye I'd rather not be online. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since his number has been changed and there's already a P on the bike I formally suggest he be renamed Paulo instead of Luis. Not that it really matters but it does seem fitting.
  13. AFHans

AFHans Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey nice, I was I thinking I would have to ride back and get the "little guy" or Luis this year since he was not moved for so long.
    witttom likes this.
  14. witttom

witttom Tom Witt

Oddometer:
    Poor Luis/Paulo. Someone go get him! :)

[​IMG]
    schnabba, Elad, Chris-KH2PM and 2 others like this.
  15. AFHans

AFHans Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In April I was to attend the MotoGP in Austin, but COVID put the kibosh in that trip. So I replaced it with a trip to the Florida Keys... well COVID kinda put the kibosh to that one too. And now I've not the time to go get him.

Is anyone else planning a trip to down Luis's way?
    Fearless and witttom like this.
  16. mriderleon

mriderleon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Luis is only a couple hundred miles from me. I'll be making several trips between FL and the rest of the country over the summer. Some of those trips will be on the bike. When one of those happens, Luis will get moved from Way Down South to Down South. Unless someone else finds their Roundtuit before I find mine.
  17. Polarize

Polarize Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dang - just took ride down to Everglades City last week, only couple hours away. Didn't even think about checking for NA TOR. Maybe get back down there this weekend?
    Wreckchecker and mriderleon like this.
  18. Polarize

Oddometer:
    Grab - Luis/Paulo is on the move. Chilling by the pool in Wellington for couple days then heading north.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AFHans, Elad, BlueM00se and 10 others like this.
  19. JasonFL

JasonFL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Damn was silently going to head down from home (North Fort Myers) tomorrow, pick up Luis and head north to watch the launch. Ah well he's in good hands we'll see where he ends up! Straight to Cape Canaveral for me then at first light.
    AFHans likes this.
  20. Polarize

Oddometer:
    Luis is on the move - Cherohala Skyway scenic turn out. Close to mile marker 16 on the Tenn side. Look for tree with cross and blue flowers, He’s at the base of the tree.

C4DE6AF6-9135-4E2B-9611-ADA1E44EF7A0.jpeg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]