North Central (Lake City, Live Oak, Madison, etc) street & Dirt riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by BillyGoat4130, Jan 14, 2018.

1. tomarsyd

tomarsyd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for your input. I was able to make a track out of the gpx file you provided. It was really just a bunch of waypoints when I first loaded it, but I got it to convert to a track.

I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
    -Tom
  2. jaydee1445

jaydee1445 Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    Heading to Live Oak today until Wednesday. Any of YFFS want to ride?
  3. BillyGoat4130

BillyGoat4130 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Heck yea. I should be able to Saturday and maybe a little Friday afternoon even. Sunday heading to the beach to try and keep the woman happy...
  4. jaydee1445

Oddometer:
    Street or Adv?
    I was thinking on street and riding the Airhead. I have the VEE also but limited by the OE Deathwings
    Where and when? I’m up for a early meetup @ the office.
  5. BillyGoat4130

Oddometer:
    Streets good with me. Sounds like some of the guys I normally ride with may link up with us later on in the day. 900ish at my office in Live Oak sound good? Was thinking wed go up over around Madison or Greenville and get over into and around that area some maybe
  6. jaydee1445

Oddometer:
    :beer9 am
    BillyGoat4130 likes this.
  7. jaydee1445

Oddometer:
    Jeffrey is going to ride the airhead with us tomorrow; I’ll ride the VEE.
    BillyGoat4130 likes this.
  8. BillyGoat4130

Oddometer:
    Hey Tom - ever get to ride some of those tracks? What did you think?
  9. salty_dog

salty_dog Day trips around TLH, WMAs and South Ga dirt roads

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding this Sunday? I was thinking about heading over your way from Tallahassee for some exploration. Wanted to hit some dirt and pavement, see some springs and the river. I could be over there by 9 or 10am. If you can't ride but want to give some suggestions I am all ears...
  10. BillyGoat4130

Oddometer:
    Man, I'm going out of town on Saturday or would have been happy to meet and ride around some.

See if you can find Suwannacoochee Spring and the old Iron Bridge on US90 (The spring is off of a little trail to the North from the mostly abandoned park on the Madison County side of the river)

Suwannee Springs and the other steel bridge on US Hwy 129 (Near Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park).

If you can come up Mosely Hall Rd to CR 14 in Madison and follow CR 14 up into downtown Madison, that is a great road. https://goo.gl/maps/wXZ5oaQPx3EEWiwz6 Sundown Creek Rd, Sampala Lake Rd, all in that neighboring area also all awesome.

SR 53 North and then West over to Cherry Lake (swing in the public swimming area maybe) is nice.

Blue Springs off of SR 6 in Madison County is awesome too. Old Blue springs road south of SR 6 is fun paved, and the section that goes north of SR 6 turns to dirt in the middle of huge farm fields and goes up along through some woods and eventually takes you up to CR 152 almost right up by the GA border.
  11. salty_dog

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the suggestions !! If I go over I will definitely try to make a route from this. I would probably trailer over and park in Live Oak and try to hit some of those areas. If I am unable, maybe a future weekend will work for a group of us to meet up. I need a ride so chances are looking good.
  12. BillyGoat4130

Oddometer:
    In that case, try this route. I'd say startin Live Oak and follow it till you come back out to US90 by the river and Madison county line. You're right at the US90 old iron bridge and Suwannacoochee is close then. I think that's about waypoint 27 or so. From there after you start getting further west that may be farther out of the way, but check that out too.
  13. salty_dog

Oddometer:
    Can you suggest a way that might be smaller roads? I am not a fan of US90 on a crf250. I think I see an alternate route heading west on Newberg Rd
  14. BillyGoat4130

Oddometer:
    Oops, I had uploaded a track I thought with the reply but it must not have taken.... Around This point is where the cut off on the Madison Co side is back to the little park where the spring is and the old iron bridge. If you start in Live Oak the first half of this loop back to this point should be pretty fun. I'm bummed I'm not gonna be here to meet you and ride some.

upload_2019-6-14_22-42-46.png

Attached Files:

15. beefcake morris

beefcake morris Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. salty_dog

Oddometer:
    All of those are good and some are a full day if you take your time to sight see a bit. If yall come over let us know.
    beefcake morris likes this.
  17. BillyGoat4130

Oddometer:
    @salty_dog Did you make it over here that weekend? I'm just getting back into town and getting all situated with everything again figured I'd check in with ya and see if you were able to ride over here any and how it went
  18. salty_dog

Oddometer:
    I did not. I felt it better to wait for a weekend I can go with y’all. I am open next weekend. I think we are returning from Mississippi on Friday the 5th. Not sure which day(s) but next Sunday is good and Saturday is a maybe.
  19. BillyGoat4130

Oddometer:
    Already have some family obligations for the holiday weekend or I'd be in...haven't gotten a good ride in, in a long time. Lets try to shoot for something soon though?
  20. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, if all goes well with the purchase ...I'll be moving out near Lee in a month or so. Looking forward to having dirt to ride right by the house. Also looking forward to meeting some of you all.. I'm a fairly busy family guy w two careers and a house full of kids. But I do manage to get away from time to time to ride