North Dakota adventure ride

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ross19907, Oct 14, 2020.

1. ross19907

ross19907 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just moved to North Dakota from Minnesota 2 years ago and I have decided I want to do an adventure ride next summer to really get to know my adoptive home state better. the tentative route for the trip is very crudely outlined in the photo. I am still in the early planning stages for this ride and hoping to get some suggestions on what I should make sure I see in the area when I go. Its probably gonna end up being around a 1200 mile ride and I will allow 7-9 days for it so I will be taking it slow and seeing the sights. Destinations as of now are the pembina gorge, turtle mtns, badlands in general, enchanted hwy, and killdeer mtn. Probably mid June will be the date for now. any input is appreciated. Also if that sounds like a good time to anyone let me know. I am open to making it group deal if there is interest.

20201014_130155.jpg
    Planning
  2. Tiger993

Tiger993 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. ross19907

ross19907 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That looks like a good resource for the trip. Thanks! Going to have to add the fairview tunnel and lift bridge to the stops as I'm going right by anyway.
  4. c-zulu

c-zulu Works with Turds

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmm:hmmmmm:hmmmmm interested..
  5. Arcwn

Arcwn Wheeeeeeee

Oddometer:
    From Lake Ashtabula following the Sheyenne river to Lisbon is a nice ride. Espically when you get to Kathryn, then take the gravel side. Also, along the gravel stretch is North Dakota's only natural waterfall.
    If you like more off roading, the Sheyenne National Grassland has quite a few vehicle use trails.
    A buddy of mine from the Forks and I have been going there and camping in the dispersed camping areas.
  6. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    There are tracks that go through the Theodore Roosevelt National Grasslands that would be fun to add.
  7. atc250r

atc250r Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone from ND have any cost-effective ideas for me to get a dirt bike from Austin, Texas to ND? Please PM me. I'm in talks of buying a bike from a fella down there and I'm trying to figure out the shipping logistics. Anyone travel to/from Texas with a pick-up truck?
    ribmtrider likes this.