North Georgia Waterfalls Waypoints - By Python423

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Python423, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Python423

Python423 TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer:
    After a recent dualsport trip to Suches & Helen Ga, I started compiling information on area waterfalls. In case I was nearby, I would see this info on GPS and could consider it as a stop for a future ride. Several of these were collected by myself on my ride in North Georgia. Alot was collected from this website, http://www.jjanthony.com/waterfalls/

A very good website with pics and GPS Cordinates. The site doesnt list cordinates for all falls. I was able to get a few from my Garmin maps based on the authors directions. Also trailheads when given (and needed) were included in the file.

The WaterFalls included in this .GPX are only from these counties : Fannin, Habersham, Lumpkin, Rabun County, Towns, Union, & White County. These were all the surrounding counties around Suches & Helen,GA. There are more North GA waterfalls, but I figured my future rides would be out of Suches or Helen,GA areas, and I would not be outside of these Counties. That is why I only researched these 7 counties.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. charles960

charles960 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am planning on a low impact DS ride this spring. I will make good use of this as a starting point.:clap
    Charles
  3. SAFETYFIFTH

SAFETYFIFTH Let's Rip Lip!

Oddometer:
    ive been looking at a way to get to these falls, but i cant tell by researching online if the trail is open to motorcycles. any info would be appreciated.
  4. Python423

Python423 TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer:
    I'd say most trailheads are for hiking only.. They should be marked.
  5. TurnerR

TurnerR Ride motorcycles, have fun

Oddometer:
    I camp at the Jacks river falls in Fannin co GA. Its on the Tn Ga line. It takes about 45 minutes from my house in Cleveland... Great place to swim. Every time I go there are girls from LEE University up there skinny dippin. My Fiance hates that part but loves the seclusion.:freaky
  6. SAFETYFIFTH

SAFETYFIFTH Let's Rip Lip!

Oddometer:
    How do you get there? I looked for it on google earth with no luck.
  7. TurnerR

TurnerR Ride motorcycles, have fun

Oddometer:
    You head down 411 from my neck of the woods. North if your coming from Ga. there will be a marathon gas station on the side of the road. Right side heading south(Left side heading North.) Across the road is another Rd that you turn on. This rd goes for a little ways pavement, then turns to gravel as you enter Nat. Forest property. You will go a few miles and see the Jack's River bridge.

Jacks River Bridge
    [​IMG]

Can't miss it. there is a parking area that will take you to the falls but its a long hike crossing the river numerous times! Took me forever to realize a short cut!! Insted of parking there the road curves to the left and keep following it. You will pass some more falls that are pretty nice for pics.

First set of falls you pass by main rd
    [​IMG]

A little further up there is a rd that cuts back. Almost a 180. It goes back a few miles to another parking lot that has a trail going down to the falls. Once again don't take it. Still prob 7-8 mile hike... Keep going down this rd. It will take you to another trailhead thats about 3 miles from the falls. It takes a little while to get there but usually you get to see some boobies and if not its still a great place to swim, hang out camp. Just do not take your bike down the trail. Big no no and my buddie is a ranger up there, so I know for a fact it is patroled at least daily. They can tell tire tracks!

You prob couldn't find it because you have to go through Tn to get there even though its in Ga. But one of my favorite places in the world!!:freaky
  8. eddie98

eddie98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks, I got them on my GPS now