North Idaho, Eastern Washington and Western Montana

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Rapturee2, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Rapturee2

Rapturee2 Ride often, Pray Hard. Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, where are all of the great "PIE" shops at.... Feel free to post all of your favorites, with pictures and address if possible!! Include small Mom-Pop burger joints, sandwich shops etc as well!!
  2. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Panhandle Pies and Bakery in Sandpoint Idaho is a great place.
  3. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Famous Willies Texas BBQ in Post Falls not only has incredible and home-made BBQ sandwiches where they smoke their own meats right there on site...oh man does it smell good. They also have a huge selection of fresh homemade pies!! [​IMG][/IMG]

Attached Files:

4. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    Dirty Shame Saloon ---Yaak River Rd, NW Montana.***** Huckleberry Patch.---Hungry Horse, Montana.***** La Chavallis (L.A.Barrio) ---Between Coeur d' Alene & Hayden Lk. Idaho***** Nite Owl Cafe,---Columbia Falls Montana.****My Campfire at Kootenai River Campground--Troy Montana (SPAM n" EGGS specialty)(when I'm there)------Otherwise at Grizzly Bar---On the Madison, S. of Ennis MT, or Miners Saloon, Cook City MT.----*****-----Or on top of BearTooth pass, talking to GOD------------ it's a local call from there.***************
    thirsty 1 and Rapturee2 like this.
  5. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Hey Belstaff! I've been to the Yaak River/Hungry Horse areas, beautiful country. Las Chavallas is a great place to eat, been there! That whole Red Lodge/BearTooth Pass area is absolutely beautiful! I have a friend that is a Pastor of a little church there in Red Lodge, great little town! I had planned an "Iron Butt" route later this year and i had planned on heading that direction. It's right at about 500+ miles from my place to Laurel Montana and then the return trip. :{)
  6. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Went for a 196 mile ride today after work over to sunny Ritzville Wa and back. No good looking Pie/BBQ places... :{
  7. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Made a trek down to Harrison Idaho last week to see if an old fashioned Fountain shop was still there. Many years ago i would be assigned to that are of our county and man they used to have some great Pies! Well, they were still seasonally closed. They're supposed to open May 5th, so I'll have to ride down there again and see if they still have wonderful Pie! I did however enjoy an ice cold Tea. When i returned home from the 99 mile round trip i topped off the tank to find that i had gotten a new personal best, 86-MPG, HooRah!! That'll be worth another trip just to see if i can best that mpg, and enjoy some Pie/Ice cream. :{)

Attached Files:

8. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Made a nice 160 mile trip yesterday to the Montana Border and back. I stopped at several of the little towns along the way and did not find any little places for Pie. Ratz! :{)

Today I rode 190 miles and found two really neat little places that had some delicious PIE! One was in St Maries Idaho called "My Kitchen Family Dining". Had a great hamburger & fries with a delicious Marion Berry Pie & Ice Cream.. WhoooHooot it was good!!
  9. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    While i was leaving St Maries Idaho, i took another little state highway that led me back to Harrison Idaho where i was two weeks ago. I stopped by the little Harrison Creamery shoppe that was closed that day and they were open!! So of course i had to stop in and see what kinds of pie they had. They have a large selection of fresh Ice Cream with huge scoops spilling over the cones, a large assortment of fresh home made Pies, fresh home made fudges etc! While there, i noticed on their walls an assortment of antique type decor.. One of which was this motorcycle sign!

Attached Files:

10. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    I scored the afternoon off from work and enjoyed a nice 150 mile ride. I found some delicious PIE/Ice Cream along the way in SandPoint Id!! I also stopped by Farragut State park and visited the WWII Naval Base. The Guards(i asked for permission) were kind enough to allow me to take a photo of the NC700x/Base sign.

Attached Files:

11. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    So yesterday i made a trip north of me to Sandpoint Idaho to a neat place there called "PanHandler Pies" where i enjoyed a delicious piece of their home made "RazzleBerry". I'd never heard of that before, so the little waitress said it was a mixture of a few select berries and she recommended it. Man it was delicious, luckily i limited myself to only one piece heh! Made the trip home by way of Bayview Idaho and visited a neat old Naval base from WWII. The guards even let me take a picture of my NC700 in front of their naval base sign, pretty cool!

I didn't top off my tank until this morning to see that i has gotten 83.6 MPG, pretty darn good for the ole NC! Last night i scored a tall factory windscreen from a buddy who had just purchased and installed a really big 24" windscreen so i got his old one for free.99!! So this morning i quickly removed my old bikini factory windscreen and installed the new to me tall factory windscreen. Of course, i had to take it for a test ride today.
    NC700 new to me factory tall windscreen.jpg

I rode out to a beautiful area called the "Coeurd'Alene River Rd". I stopped off at the Enaville Snake Pit for a delicious Bacon Cheese Burger, fries and of course a piece of PIE!!
    NC700 snake pit PIE may 19th 2018.JPG

When i topped off the tank and road 102 miles of the beautifully windy river road the pump stopped at 1.03 gallons. After i confirmed the level in the tank, yup its full. I confirmed the trip-meter, yup its 102.3 miles. And i rechecked the pump, yup 1.03 gallons.....WHOOHOOOT!!! That's a new personal best of 99.32 MPG!!
    NC700 cda river road ride 102.3 miles, 1.03 gals, 99.32 MPG!  may 19th 2018.JPG

I sat upright and comfortable, steady speeds of 45-50 mph along the river rd, stopping several times for scenery and pictures. It would seem that the NC really likes the tall windscreen with my height 6'6" & 36" inseam and as always she like a freshly lubed chain! Now, i've got to get that 17T sprocket installed and see what we get with that!!
    :{)
    Ladybug likes this.
  12. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Got my highway pegs installed, the MoTech skid plate installed and finally got my 17T sprocket installed. Now, let's go make a PIE run and see what we can get! :{)
  13. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Enjoying the highway pegs. I've made several more trips out and no new PIE shops yet. 215 mile ride north towards Canada yesterday, just before the pavement ended and looking at Canada! Only used 2.7 gals netting me 79 mpg! Great day and a beautiful view of Canada! :{)

just before the pavement ends, looking at Canada.jpg
  14. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Today was my Combat Veteran friend Sam's first ride with me. He's the one i wrote about in another post, that unbeknownst to me was living his motorcycle dreams vicariously through my posts and had never mentioned it. Well, he then started borrowing my NC700 for rides and fell in love with my bike. So we spoke about getting him his own so he'd leave mine alone hahaha. I found him one over in Seattle Wa and we made a 13hr round trip and he then had his own bike!
    Sams first ride with me, harrison for pie.jpg
    Now after nearly two months, we were finally able to take our first ride together. We took I-90 from PF to Wolf Lodge, then SH97 south to Harrison for Pie/Ice Cream of course. Then continued south on SH97 to SH3 and on to St Maries where we stopped at My Kitchen Family diner. Then SH3 north to Rose Lake and went west bound on I-90 up over the pass to SH41 and stopped for fuel. It was a nice 127 mile trip, and with identical bikes Sam got 79 mpg and i got 91 mpg! Great ride, beautiful day, great friendship and of course delicious PIE! :{)
    Sams first ride with me, harrison for pie4.jpg
    Saturday i think we'll head up to the Canadian border and check out a couple of those little towns. Maybe one of them will have some fresh home-made, delicious PIE!
    Dons1911 likes this.
  15. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    So last Saturday i took a little ride south to Lewiston Id., not really intending on heading anywhere else. I notice a little State Highway that headed east from there and rode it for a while. A beautiful shot of the Snake River from the Lewiston bluffs.
    Orofino loop, Lewiston grade2.JPG

I rode for a while and stopped in Orofino for lunch. While there I met a couple of ADV riders. One was "Smithy" or "Smitee" and had a nice bike. Then there was a really neat Ural with a sidecar piloted by Suzanne from the Walla Walla Washington area. Great lunch(no pie available), great conversations and a beautiful day.
    Orofino loop, Krystal cafe Orofino.jpg

I left the two of them and headed for Lolo Pass at the Montana Border. It was cold up there so i didn't stay very long.
    Orofino loop, Lolo Pass Visitor Center.jpg

I continued on to Lolo and turned north towards Missoula Mt. Once there i remembered that the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation had an office there so i took a ride up to their office. When i arrived, it looked like they had closed down.
    Orofino loop, Missoula RMEF.JPG

All/most of the landscaping had all been grown over with weeds and looked horrible. I snapped a shot of the NC700x next to one of their outdoor ELK displays and i bailed out. I continued w/b on I-90 and stopped in Alberton Mt at the River Edge for supper, but they were jam packed with patrons so i headed to St Regis and stopped at the little Frosty's Diner for a quick burger/fries. I walked in 4 minutes before they closed and they still served me. Thanks for the delicious meal, and great service!! I hopped onto the freeway afterwards and headed for the barn. I arrived home and found that my little ride had actually been 11 hours and 540 miles! A great way to break in my "New-to-Me" Shad seat. It was nice! :{)
  16. Rapturee2

Oddometer:
    Just finished a nice ride today, 446 miles and visited 3 Canadian border crossings...for no other reason then to just ride and see them. I saw two in Idaho, East Port and Port Hill and one over in Metaline Falls Washington.
    East Port border crossing ride.jpg

I did however find another great place for PIE!! The Beaver Lodge and campground, Washington State highway 20, about mile marker 389! Great place for meals and of course delicious, freshly made-hot PIE..!! The service was prompt and with a smile, the food was great and man was the PIE/Coffee good! :{)
    Beaver Lodge PIE.JPG
    rroger likes this.