1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

North of Russia 2018

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Julio Trepazzo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Julio Trepazzo

Julio Trepazzo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys!
    First time I'm here.
    I am from Russia and I really love the North. This year I want to make my trip to the Arkhanghelsk region. In my opinion this is one of the most interesting places in Russia - there are plenty of ancient villages and architecture where the people still lives like centuries ago (except some modern technologies, surely). Among them the nature there is really incredible - stern northern nature.
    So, I would be happy if I coud find here some mate to go together there.
    The should not be HARD enduro there, but some mud and sand are still inevitable.
    Total trip from Moscow and back is going to be about 3,5 Kkm and should take no more than 2 weeks.
    I'm riding KTM1190Adv.
    1360422.jpg 1360424.jpg 1360446.jpg Vozhgora-2012-1665.jpg
  2. ajpjive

ajpjive Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My goodness that is beautiful. Wish I had some vacation saved up; that sounds like an amazing trip. Definitely looking forward to a ride report during/after!
  3. Julio Trepazzo

Oddometer:
  4. clintonl

clintonl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Julio, I'm planning on being in Moscow around August 2018 if all goes to plan. Sounds like a cool trip. When were you thinking of riding it?
  5. Julio Trepazzo

Oddometer:
    Hi!
    I don't know the exact date yet, but the best time to go there is like end of July - beginning of August.
  6. LifeIsGood67

LifeIsGood67 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    I am very curious to know more about your trip to see if I could potentially join if there is an interest from your side.
    Also, are you thinking of camping or Gostinitsa?
    When do you expect to have your dates firmed up?
    I have a GS1200 for easier roads and a KTM690 with which I think I can ride pretty much anything. I came to Russia a few times; St Petersburg, Moscow, South Caucasus area and Volgograd, Astrakane, but not in the area you are describing.
    If you would want to discuss further, kindly send me a message.
    Thank you.
  7. Julio Trepazzo

Oddometer:
    Hi!
    There is no problem to join this trip.
    As per hosting - it depends on the exact part of trip. I think it will be 50/50 - motels, guest houses, village lodging and camping as well.
    The approx dates are from 14th till 29 of July (time to be back in Moscow), but may be shifted +_.
    I will ride my KTM 1190, and it should be ok for that kind of roads. The roads are firm and mostly gravel there. There is a piece of distance between Arkhanghelsk region and Komi Republic which officially has the road, but it depends on wheather conditions. 690 would be great to go to Rybachiy Penninsula in Murmansk region, but not for this trip.
    After starting from Moscow I'll go north to Belozersk - it's almost 700km of asphalt (there is the orphanage I support), and from there I suppose to cotinue to Kargopol. Then Onega - Severodvinsk - Archanghelsk - gravel roads. From Arkhanghelsk to Pinega - Mezen - gravel roads. Then south along Mezen river to Leshoukonskoye - normal gravel roads. From there will be the most unexplored part, but, as you can see, Google knows it: https://www.google.ru/maps/dir/Лешу...d6141aedea0!2m2!1d48.8444128!2d64.1656457!3e0