NorthEast Alberta

Discussion in 'Canada' started by outbacktaz, Oct 16, 2011.

1. grumpybear

grumpybear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wos, nice to put a name to a face. I met mikocan a couple of Thursday ago. Speaking of leather and lace, it's always interesting to see the number of women riders enjoying the sport.
  2. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    This was just posted up to the base bulletin board. thought the guys could use a bit more of a holler.
    If anyone is interested in the flagging, Contact Corporal Robbins (780-840-8000 ext 8377).
    It is a nice track with great visibility from the stands. They don't seem to do a great job advertising so feel free to advertise this to your friends/family.

Cold Lake Motocross Association Race #1

As it may surprise most of you to know that Cold Lake houses a 2.2km long hillside motocross track, but each year tracks all over northern Alberta/Sask (Cold Lake, Fort Mc, Maidstone, Swan Hills & Blue Ridge) work hand in hand with the Alberta Dirt Riders Association to run a provincial series. Fort McMurray has had to cancel their series race, due to wild fire. Most of you may not know that canceling a race can be detrimental to club, costing upwards of $15,000 without any income…Our board members along with local riders have put a request forward to the board of A.D.R.A. in regards to hosting their race at our track May 28 & 29. This is extremely short notice, and will be difficult to pull off but we are always up for a good challenge. We have been working hard this past week to gain as many resources as possible for the lowest cost because we would like all profits go back to the Fort McMurrays club to help pay for their already incurred race expenses. Now here is where you come into play, we need help!! To keep our race safe for the riders we need to find flaggers (must be +13) for both Saturday & Sunday, if you do not know what a flagger is please feel free to contact myself Cpl Robbins and I will explain all details. If flagging doesn’t sound interesting to you then just come out and show your support. Gate fee is $10/person, but you are in for a full day of wicked racing which is a must see, oh plus some cute 4 year olds on the mini track. For anyone who is not available this weekend we also have our own series race being hosted July 9 &10 along with an ATV triple crown race Aug 13th. Hope to see you all out there.

Directions to the track:
    Take Hwy # 28 North to Cold Lake
    Follow Hwy #28 through Cold Lake South
    Drive 0.8 km pass the Canadian Tire Store on Hwy #28.
    Turn Right on gravel road Twp #632 (there is a Lutheran Church on the corner) and drive East for 1.6 km.
    When you reach the T on Twp #632, turn right again and drive South for 0.4 km. You are there!
  3. KLR - Ken

KLR - Ken Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Hi guys, this get together is usually alot of fun!
  4. KLR - Ken

KLR - Ken Adventurer

Oddometer:
    20 people registed and counting.
  5. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    We are going to do another blessing of the bikes next month.
    We are adding a bit too make it a full day and make it a little better than last year.
    Bushman's smokehouse will be setting up his trailer. Folks in Bonnyville have seen him set up at the museum. Might even be the best reason to show up.
    We are still working out the details of the photo scavenger hunt but it will be notable landmarks/points of interest in the lake land area and photo (cell phone) proof that you were there.
    No big gaggle ride but go your own way, small groups sort of thing.
    We are still working on getting someone to set up a biker gear stall as well as local and a bit further out bike shops might show up.

Hope to see some of you there.
  6. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info WOS!
    jj
  7. grumpybear

grumpybear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting wos. Will keep the date open. Bushman's has excellent food!
    outbacktaz likes this.
  8. Phloid

Phloid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I might be able to make it up again this year. I'll let you know if I do grumpybear, maybe meet up on my way through again.
  9. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    3 minutes from a KTM dealership, Angus, On
    Thread bump!!

Come on guys, don’t let this die out...
  10. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
  11. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice bump Marty, got the goldwing out today, 20 C here finally
    The other bikes are buried still. maybe later this week. With this scary Wuhan thing going on I'm not allowed to go more than 50km from base. If this shit doesn't sort itself out the Dr200 is going to get a lot of backroad miles around here.
  12. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    WOS, you could have a lot of fun heading out of the back gate, turn left up the hill!! Be careful was people use that area as a range...
  13. wos

wos Long timer

Oddometer:
    still flooded getting in there. They ran a water line straight through there north/south, it's a swamp. just north of the main gravel pit there is a dozen trailers. families are living in there year round now so their is a lot of kids in there, not so much shooting anymore.
  14. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    WoW, people living there year round... as I see, the housing issues haven’t been resolved.

Have you gone in there? It goes very far into the forest, nice 4WD lanes there. Also, around the cadet camp, there’s a lot of paths.