Northern Highland Forest WI

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Rasbutan, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Rasbutan

Rasbutan Unnormal

Oddometer:
    It started as a gorgeous Saturday morning, with a wonderful cold front that had moved through and left a crisp, clean Saturday morning. A solid 7 hours of alcohol induced sleep thanks to Bonebag, and Hotspice and I decided on breakfast at the Paul Bunyan Cook Shanty.

[​IMG]
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    After stuffing our gullets, we headed back to the camp ground to plan our day. We reviewed a couple of the routes that Cannonshot put out in the GPS section. We worked out a small discrepancy in our site reservations, and hit the road.
    <o:p></o:p>
    A shot riding out on Hwy 70.

[​IMG]
    Heading up Hwy 51.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We rode back by the Powell Marsh and stopped for a quick photo.

[​IMG]
    Hotspice as we’re leaving the marsh.
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    We headed into the local campground, and opted to take the logging road. How can you not stop to take a picture in such beautiful area?

[​IMG]
    I stopped to ask Hotspice if he really wanted to continue, given the size of our bikes. He said that it wouldn’t be an adventure if we turned around.

[​IMG]
    Who says big bikes with almost street tires can’t do two track?

[​IMG]
    We ran into a couple of other riders, but ultimately got turned around since there was no bridge to cross the river. We headed back and made our way into Mercer via the ATV trail.
    To be continued…..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377467
  2. Rasbutan

Rasbutan Unnormal

Oddometer:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>After getting thru to mom, she agreed to bring the trailer up and haul my busted ass back home. Once she got there though, I talked her into staying. We loaded up the bike, and headed over to listen to the music and keep drinking.

[​IMG]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    <o:p>Roy shared his tequila!</o:p>
    I was feeling no pain by the end of the night!
    Sue R M and Rapid Roy sat out by Freeflow’s fire. I finally headed to the car for sleep, after deciding that I was doing a lousy job hauling wood over one piece at a time.

[​IMG]

All in all, I had fun at the rally and look forward to riding up there again......without the crashing. :lol3
  3. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Truffle

Oddometer:
    You had competition... :lol3

There must have been a couple dozen of us hauling wood out of that pile one piece at a time! :deal

Glad you were able to stay for the tunes. :thumb

John