Northern Portugal April 2016 - route suggestions, must see places, etc...?

Discussion in 'EMEA' started by Don T, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Don T

Don T Bike Addict

Oddometer:
    In little over 3 weeks time I'll be doing a 8-10 days solo ride to get the season started.

The destination will be Portugal - the only country in mainland Europe I haven't visited on a motorcycle yet.

As I only have little over a week to do the entire trip, I'll be focusing on the northern part of Portugal which is an almost 3.000 km ride from my home in Denmark.
    I've been poring over maps of the region and it seems to offer some great mountain riding.

Does any of you have routes suggestions and/or most see places in northern Portugal that I should be aware of?
    If there are fellow ADV riders in the area who would like to meet up with me to share a beer or go for a ride together I would love that.
    On this trip I plan to ride mainly tarmac, but a bit of well maintained gravel roads thrown into the mix is always welcome.

I expect to arrive in Portugal around the 16th of April and spend a couple of days there before heading back home.

Cheers
    Tonny
  2. fulviapaulo

fulviapaulo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A bit short on time now... In order to remember this, I sent you a PM.

Cheers
    Don T likes this.
  3. Don T

Don T Bike Addict

Oddometer:
    Thank you Paulo - PM answered.
  4. Bongolia

Bongolia stop acting

Oddometer:
    Porto is well worth a visit. I loved the place. See the Port houses on the south side, eat roast suckling pig and drink good wine. The travel up the Douro River into the hills. It's a great area.
    Don T likes this.