Northern Riders SIGN IN!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZZR_Ron, Nov 20, 2006.

1. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    I expect that I will be heading down to Calabogie/Bobcageon/Cornwall on Friday or Saturday. May 17th or 18th is when I will leave.
    The bike has 8 km on it.
  2. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    Wait, wot's this then?
    You'll be down visiting my area?

I'm at the Classique on Saturday, then up to Temiskaming on Sunday to pick up a couple of motorcycles - a pair of '74 CB360's.

Let me know if you need anything down this way Ron - I'm a bit west of Cornwall.
  3. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Stator on the F8?
  4. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    I had to move it ahead until the first week in June. Iĺl be in Cornwall visiting my daughter, so close by?
  5. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Planning on Sturgis two days before the rally for four days, then bug out. Have to experience the herd for a couple days.
  6. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    I'm about 45 minutes west of Cornwall - wasn't sure if you were riding down.
    The shop is a bit crowded with projects at the moment, but if you need to do any maintenance or if you run into any issues just let me know.

Enjoy your visit, it's a very nice area to explore - recommend a visit to Upper Canada Village. It's similar to Old Fort William but with more of a focus on pioneer village and less about fortification and fur trading.

IMG_4500.JPG
    Klay and GearDrivenCam like this.
  7. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    I should be ok for maintenance...bike is a Versys 300X with 8 km on it. Thanks for the offer. Iĺl PM you when Im down that way.
    Vikingtazz likes this.
  8. JohnRcbr

JohnRcbr underpowered

Oddometer:
    Ron if you are riding by here maybe we could meet up on your way down and/or on your way back.
  9. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Elliot Lake would be a nice place to take a break. Sounds great!
    PM´d you.

OK, will PM you later, it's not letting me do that right now for some reason. Maybe try PMing me?
  10. Guntar

Guntar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm from Winnipeg. Was wondering if there was a meet up spot for ADV riders, I see lots of bikes at the main street Tim's, but really feel out of place there with all the Harley and Sport bike crowds. Curious if there is a weekly ride in the area, some off road stuff etc... Thanks in advance
  11. RJ44

RJ44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is a group for riders in and around Winnipeg. Post there as well.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/for-winnipeg-and-the-surrounding-area.472265/

Rob
    SNAFU22 likes this.
  12. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey I'm planning a multi-day ride in northern ontario in a few weeks, can somebody give me some info on the following roads:

1) the road from Manitouwadge to Hwy 11, I think it's called Caramat Industrial rd.

2) The road going south from Kapuskasing to hwy 101 just east of Foleyet, about 170 kms long, I can't figure out the name from google maps.

3) Kenogaming Rd, it goes from hwy 101 to Hwy 144 at Gogama, about 70 kms long.

Does anyone know whether these roads are doable on an adv bike with 90/10 tires and a rider who sucks at riding off pavement?
  13. cmattina

cmattina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm contimplating trying to ride around lac seul this summer. Anyone interested in joining? Think it would be the kind of trip where a hand saw would be necessary...
  14. gepeze

gepeze Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Caramat road will be fine.
  15. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did Caramat Industrial Rd yesterday. Most of it was easy gravel but there were a few sections with very bad gravel (fist sized rocks) and a few sandy sections. Also highway 625 from Caramat to hwy 11 is a very fun road.
    Beerfire and gepeze like this.
  16. Beerfire

Beerfire Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When ? How many days ? What other info do you have . ..?
  17. cmattina

Oddometer:
    I would be on a DR650. I was thinking the route could be Ear Falls north of Lac Seul to Sioux Lookout, then Sioux Lookout, south of lac Seal to Perrault Falls. This would be the rough loop: https://goo.gl/maps/X5rfvs9vudJr84P5A Direction (starting point) does not matter a ton to me, but i am from Red Lake. I actually use HERE offline maps or google offline maps. For this trip, i would use those in addition to a paper map.

I am more certain of the north section, than I am the south.

I think it can be done in two days (one night). Camping or cheap motel/cabin in one of the communities (Ear Falls or Sioux lookout) would be best.

If someone wanted something more/different, one could scoot up to red lake after going around lac Seul, then take the Iriam and Seperation Lake roads down to Kenora. Something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/sgtncCYxuqqAK5Ta8

Could go: Sioux lookout to Red Lake via Lac Seul. Then Red Lake to Kenora via Iriam, then Kenora to Sioux lookout via Lac Seul. that route would throw in about 200km of highway altogether. If we did that, we could stay at my place in Red Lake and kenora is a fun town.

I am free most of the summer to do it. Besides August 6th to 12th.
  18. palmer187

palmer187 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Man, I wish I would have read this earlier, I would have met you to ride that section, I live in Marathon, but work in Manitouwadge. Nice to know that section of road was at least doable. Hopefully the rest of your journey is good. Ride safe!
  19. palmer187

palmer187 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Everyone,

I thought I would post this in case anyone wants to take part in this. August 14th, there will be a Military/First Responder PTSD awareness ride coming through from Sault Ste. Marie to Thunder Bay. As a First Responder myself, this is important to me so I thought id help share the news.

http://www.therollingbarrage.com/

I have attached the road captains itinerary for the ride for the Sault- Thunder Bay section.

Hope to see people out there, Ill more than likely me riding from Marathon - Thunder Bay.

Attached Files:

20. cmattina

Oddometer:
    Forum not too active during riding season, wonder why?

Anyway. I'm floating the idea of storing a/my bike down in Palm springs this fall winter (and beyond?). Pretty good flights from Winnipeg. And Baja, death Valley, Mojave, etc for winter riding. Utah in spring

Curious if anyone would like to split ona storage locker? 50US each per month, or less if we got a third.