Northern Utah to Albuquerque and back

Discussion in 'Americas' started by MotorcycleWriter, Jun 1, 2021.

1. MotorcycleWriter

MotorcycleWriter Vis ad locum

Oddometer:
    If it's two wheels it's an adventure right, even if predominately slab?

I have a business trip next week and have decided to ride my GS from Northern Utah to ABQ and back. I can type the endpoints into Google and let it give me a route that I adjust to go through mountains, and passes, and etc... But, there might be some cool spots I don't know about and wouldn't want to waste. I'll also need to be lodging for a few nights along the way and back and might even spring for a night of camping.

Thoughts?
  2. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    It might be out of the way and living in UT you might be familiar with it, but UT 12/24/95 from US 89 to Blanding is one of the best in the US.

Try to hit some of US 64 east of Bloomfield NM. It will put you a little east of Abq, but you can work your way south via mountain roads down to I-40.
    MotorcycleWriter likes this.
  3. Bullseye

Bullseye Mr. Bad Example Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good suggestion... I like 31/10/72/24/95 heading South. 12 is awesome, but a bit out of alignment. Maybe come back thru the Western Slope CO/Moab.
    MotorcycleWriter likes this.
  4. KYMike

KYMike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this is too far east, but Hwy 141 from Grand Junction, CO to Dove Creek is a fun road.

Also, I camped/hiked at El Morro National Monument last year and thought it was an interesting place. It's about 2 hours west of Albuquerque.
  5. MotorcycleWriter

MotorcycleWriter Vis ad locum

Oddometer:
    So here's the route that I took over four days. I'll fill in the details with some edits. Just wanted to get the pics uploaded!

Day 1
    Home 2 Blanding.png

Day 2
    Blanding 2 ABQ.png

Day 3 - Business meetings in Albuquerque

Day 4
    ABQ 2 Gunnison.png

Day 5
    Gunnison 2 Home.png

Attached Files: