Northern VA Tag-o-rama!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by zcooney, Apr 4, 2009.

1. inhousebob

inhousebob mostly vertical

Oddometer:
    Tag!
    I was halfway home when I saw this landmark.
    [​IMG]
    This tag is probably a dupe but it seemed like a nice corner to stop and take a break for Ali and me.
    Ali is behind the right side wall...
    [​IMG]
    He/she is resting comfortably under the rock just above the not-required-but-oh-so-helpful "A".
    [​IMG]
    Happy hunting and riding, my friends!:clap
  2. XDragRacer

XDragRacer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Grab!

[​IMG]

The signpost tells it all; Landmark Road at its intersection with Halfway Road, The Plains, VA (more-or-less HALFWAY to Middleburg!).

Tag? After a short, but decent, interval!
  3. XDragRacer

Oddometer:
    Tag!

Abandoned motorcycle dealership:

[​IMG]

The CB1100 rider shown in the above image will be disappointed, seeking Honda parts and service, in spite of the sign shown on the fence (pickup truck shown in the background travels on a Parkway named for a jurisdiction named for a Prince):

[​IMG]

Looking eastward, toward a road named for a farm where elms once were grown, a lane perhaps named for a a private Christian liberal arts university in Nashville, Tennessee, affiliated with the Churches of Christ, and a road perhaps named for a garden and lawn care products company, a transmission line tower stands (its shadow appears in other images on this post):

[​IMG]

Note the slightly-used truck southwest of the bike:

[​IMG]

Ali wants to ride on the front bumper:

[​IMG]

Ali slips behind the bumper, suspended by the chains shown fastened to the brackets:

[​IMG]

If no Ali there, look on the ground; Ali may have slipped the surly bonds and fallen. The gator was singing, as inhousebob and I left the tag site, "Take these chains from my heart and set me free!"
    SteelB12 likes this.
  4. XDragRacer

Oddometer:
    BUMP!

Checked on Ali today; reptile's doing fine. Relocated the mascot slightly behind the truck bumper. Look closely at right center of image; you'll see the skillery, scalery hide of Ali, and maybe a few pearly-white alligator teeth in the dim light:

[​IMG]

Regrets for cell-phone image quality (although the photographer doubtless deserves blame); the bluish rectangle in the middle has the word, "SERVICE," printed thereon.

Of course, you'll have to find the truck shown in the previous post first; but . . . bet it's still there; didn't look like it was going anywhere soon!

Stay cool, and ride on.
  5. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Grab: Old MFI Woodbridge. . ..
    [​IMG]
  6. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. XDragRacer

Oddometer:
    Grab!

Once Manassas Honda, now MotoMember Manassas; Mathias Avenue; Manassas, VA:

[​IMG]
  8. inhousebob

Oddometer:
    Looks like MotoMember is having a sale on GoldWings!
  9. inhousebob

Oddometer:
    Tag/Grab/Tag!
    I went outside to do a little maintenance on my scoot and found Ali resting comfortably on the bike seat. WTH? Seems XDragRacer was called away before tagging properly and so he dropped Ali off at my place to handle the job. So I rode out last evening and left Ali near water, his natural habitat. I had a nice spot picked out from an earlier hike but when I arrived there were about 50 locals social distancing the American way... all around in clumps. :grim So I moved to a different spot a little ways away and here is what it looks like...

[​IMG]

A lot of kids were around with their prying eyes and nosy noses so I didn't fiddle around making an "A" or taking extra photos or anything.
    Ali rests at the bottom of the pole directly behind the bike's front wheel in the photo. He rests straight below the white sign that says "Stream Monitoring System".
    This little park and stream divide a street possibly named for an actor named Woody who played a small role on an old TV show about a guy and his Harley.
    The street is broken into two halves by a stream that is evidently monitored by that pole where Ali is hiding. There are nice mid-century modern holmes on the side of the stream where Ali resides.
    Don't wait too long to track Ali Down. There are lots of kids around, the place looks like it might get mowed and weed-whacked soon, and it evidently it floods (and thus needs monitoring).
    Happy hunting!
  10. Butters

Butters Kwyjibo Supporter

Oddometer:
    No to hijack the tag thread, but I thought MFI was being bought by Coleman, not closing. Where am I going to get my inspections?!?!? Did they not think about ME?
  11. inhousebob

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I was disappointed as well. I liked the folks there and it was small enough to get to know them. But the place looks to be abandoned, so I think it's shut for good.
  12. Butters

Oddometer:
    Damn. I could always just ride in there and they would do the inspection while I waited. Anybody know a shop that does the inspections quickly? I would guess at Coleman's I would have to leave it for a week.
  13. inhousebob

Oddometer:
    Don't know where you are. But I use one of two gas stations at Old Keene Mill and Rolling in West Springfield. The Exxon Station has always had shorter lines but if you go mid month either is pretty quick. You must wait with your bike as they won't move it for you, so there is that. The guy at Exxon has been good in the past about letting me know when the brakes are worn and still passing it. The guy at the Shell station fixed my malfunctioning brake light switch for free and passed me. So I am pleased with both places.
    Butters likes this.
  14. Butters

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I'm in PW, only a few miles from MFI. But I'd be more than happy to go to those stations to do it while I waited. That isn't too far from my work either.