NorthWest Wyoming Rider

Discussion in 'Canada' started by FtWorthRED, Nov 30, 2005.

1. FtWorthRED

FtWorthRED Ft Worth R.E.D.

Oddometer:
    This winter, I relocated from Texas to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I am looking for someone in this area to ride logging roads with in the spring.
  2. StmbtDave

StmbtDave AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer:
    I know people in DC consider anything outside the beltway as being rural and I suppose people from Tejas consider anything north of Austin as being the Great White North but you may have more responses if you post this in the Rockies forum. I just happened to notice your post as I was looking for info on an Alaska trip.

Dave
    Steamboat Springs, CO
  3. advjackass

advjackass orange crusher

Oddometer:
    there is quite a few guys in jackson w/ adventure touring bikes, myself included. however, you are from texas so that gets complicated. just kidding we will ride.
  4. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Gotta kinda agree here. No offense meant, but you may be in the wrong forum!

But welcome to somewhere with snow, either way!
  5. FtWorthRED

FtWorthRED Ft Worth R.E.D.

Oddometer:
    I went to the Visitor Center north of town and got 2 ORV maps. The area around Pine Dale looks best, but I would like to ride loops. So far the only one I have found is at the northend of Jenney Lake (Flag Ranch road) that leads west into Idaho and then back to Jackson. Any other suggestions.

Idaho looks like the best areas. I am a Teton Park employee and have the same schedule as the Post Office, for the first time in my life! I plan to do overnight rides on the KLR with its 300 mile range.
  6. Castle

Castle Red Cloud Slept Here

Oddometer:
    Since I no longer live in Wyoming, I can provide only two useful tips:

1. Don't tell anyone you are from Texas unless they are a tour-on.

2. As noted, Beartooth Pass is excellent. The road through Sunlight Basin from the NE Yellowstone entrance to Cody is great. Some excellent side roads too.

Okay, three tips:

3. A travel fly-rod is a wonderful thing.

4. Lander, Atlantic City, and South Pass City are scenic in an old west sort of way.

5. The museum in Cody is excellent.

(Product of the Wyoming school system - I can't count worth a damn.)
    :D

Tod.