NORWAY- Prague, Tallinn, Nordkapp, fiords, Oslo

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Doogle, May 13, 2019.

1. Renegade6

Renegade6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report!
  2. Doogle

Doogle Do it while you can Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got my first camera ticket today. I think it is about $200. It's all written in Latvian. My next door neighbor's father is from Latvia. He's going to interpret it for me. Am I lucky or what?

Update 9/10/2019
    My neighbor's father told me it's not written in Latvian. I downloaded an app that translated the ticket. It is written in Estonian. The ticket was from Latvia. But that area near the border must speak Estonian. I think they charged the rental company, who will eventually charge me. It looks like it was 20 euros. I'm guessing that is the processing fee, with the big fee coming later.
  3. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    ^^^ Rebel!
  4. Turre

Turre Adventurer

Oddometer:
    20 € could be the actual sum. I think traffic tickets in Baltic countries are much less than f ex in Finland.
  5. Doogle

Oddometer:
    Update on my ticket. My Latvian friend couldn't translate it. It had been translated to Polish since that is where the bike was rented from. But it was only about $20. I paid it, and hope that is the only one.
  6. Old Codger

Old Codger Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great Ride report and Pictures. My Daughter was an Exchange student in Norway in 1986 did a lot of touring, loved the Country and the people. Her host family came to the U.S IN 1990 and stayed with us for a couple of weeks and we gave them a Tour of SO.CAL. lovely people....
  7. Gearlord

Gearlord Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Brilliant report, I read though the whole of it today :)
    Beeing from Odda in Norway (the town near Trolltunga) it was fun to read about your experiences here.

If I had seen this story earlier, before you arrived here, I would invited you to stay at my house, and showed you some other nice places around here.

Hope your hip is better.

Best regards
    Olav
  8. Doogle

Oddometer:
    I had a great time in Norway.
    After getting home I behaved for about a week to let my hip recover. Then I was back doing everything I could to aggravate it again. It hasn't given me any problems.
    Gearlord likes this.