Not much of a ride report, but an epic motorcycle weekend for me.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by xring04, Sep 13, 2009.

1. xring04

xring04 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This weekend started off great with a little ride through Cades Cove. (Cool motor nature road in the Smokeys)

I saw all types of critters.....

Turkeys

[​IMG]

4 different bears and 5 cubs.

[​IMG]

Both the animal pics were taken off hand, by me, on the moving bike, so that explains the quality.

Then had a awesome lunch here

[​IMG]

Looks bad but tasted yummy. Spicy Italian FTW!

[​IMG]

Then across Parson's Branch ( unimproved mountain road that leads to Deals Gap)

[​IMG]

To Deals Gap to see Ben (My friend that manages the place). Ben was nowhere to be found, and I quickly grew tired of the pirate scene, but not before getting a few pics.

[​IMG]

Note the awesome "rat-tailed" mullet in the khaki shirt.

[​IMG]

I rode a couple of trails around the area and headed home.

Sunday was to be a day with my bride, and it was to include lots of shopping and stuff. While I love spending time with my wife, I hate shopping.

Thankfully I was spared by the whims of fortune!

I had a new mission. I was to go deep into the heart of Kentucky and free two Hondas that had been locked in a dungeon for over 30 years.

This was not a mission for the faint of heart but it had to be done.

On the way I passed this fellow, who was riding his majestic steed with quite a collection of stuff.

[​IMG]

Then we passed this place, however my wife would not let me go in and pick up some "classy stuff, you know, for couples".

[​IMG]

When we arrived deep into the Blue Grass State, we were greeted by the avian guards of the dungeon.

[​IMG]

We were able to pay them off for chicken feed and gained access to the dungeon.

Soon we found the captives....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the first time in 30 years, they basked in the warm glow of the sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon they were comfortably in the bed of the truck on their way to their new loving home.

[​IMG]

This winter they will receive much tlc, and if all goes well should be ready for adventure next summer.
  2. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very cool.
  3. flyguync

flyguync Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great story and pics! Too bad about the pirates taking over:puke1 Good luck on getting the two old captives back on the street again.
  4. xring04

xring04 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I lucked up and found out about them wasting away in a barn by a family member.

I've wanted to rescue them for about 2 years now. The old man finally said he would let them go if it was to someone who really wanted them.

The blue and white one has a title, and ran when it was parked. The orange one had a timing issue when it was parked.

Apparently the guy moved, put them in the barn temporally and forgot about them for 30 years.
    <!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->
  5. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you get them running again, let's see a ride report :deal