not suitable for work, then COVID came and i escaped to ID, MT, WA, OR, etc.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by NSFW, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Such a GREAT trip Joel. Thanks for taking us along. I've enjoyed your pictures almost like being there.
    NSFW and Chillis like this.
  2. BiggieFalls

BiggieFalls b00b

Oddometer:
    Another great ride report Joel. Thanks for letting us tag along, both in real time and afterwards with great pictures and commentary. These kinds of trips are what many of us wish we could do and it’s inspiring to follow along. Keep that adventure spirit alive.
    NSFW, Chillis and HandCanonShootr like this.
  3. black 8

black 8 motographer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking the time to write this great ride report and sharing with the ADV community Joel.

My hat's off to you for taking us along on your adventure... :thumb
    NSFW, Chillis and MrKiwi like this.
  4. yokesman

yokesman Long timer

Oddometer:
    where are you now, thanks for the many reports?
  5. Ian.H

Ian.H Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you had good trip Joel. Hopefully I will get over to your side of the ocean next year if the borders get opened.
  6. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip it's been great following along. Now I have a few more places in CA on my to do list.

Looking forward to your next adventure. :lurk
    NSFW, MrKiwi and Chillis like this.
  7. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wot they said. :clap
  8. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    it's always my pleasure to share. besides, many years from now, this rr will remind me where i was.

i appreciate all the comments and for tagging along. glad i did this ride. always hear about the northbound migration but i had no interest of knowing. finally, now i understood why Californians are moving to the PNW....:D
    jonomoto, Ladybug, Chillis and 2 others like this.
  9. dondesmo

dondesmo Senior Squid

Oddometer:
    Thanks for taking the time for an excellent ride report. Your eye for taking pics and just enough text was a good balance. I'm going to miss my daily go to post.
    Peace
    Don
    Chillis likes this.
  10. NSFW

Oddometer:
    i'm ready to place an order for 2020 upper fork tubes, just waiting for new feedbacks. so far it looks like from 2019 - 2020, there is no more issue and i also like the 2020 silver forks
    upload_2020-10-19_14-31-25.png

presently, i rotate the uppers 90 degrees from the triple and let the worn out anodizing to the side. that gives me 3 more fresh surfaces. i still have to take apart the current forks and see if there's additional wear. btw, last time i took them apart, before the trip, the issue was only on one fork, the other is fine. i find that strange?

home now north of LA. on a self-imposed lockdown. not bored since i'm busy prepping for the ADV Pahrump Rally. everyone are welcome to join us, plenty of spots available. doing a lot of wrenching, getting the 701 and XR400 ready.

good thing about being home is i get to see my friends. we managed to get one more ride this summer in spite of the wildfires, poor air quality, pandemic, etc. and enjoyed the Sierras.
    [​IMG]

hello Ian. that will be great to see you again, you're welcome at my house and will be happy to show you around. my stay at your place and visiting several cities in Poland were both very pleasant and memorable experiences. the Death Valley nOObs rally is on March.
    Chillis likes this.
  11. MidlifePanic

MidlifePanic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great work on this thread. Absolutely awesome. Perhaps someone could make a coffee table book out of this and you could get some money from this.!

Also was curious what happened to the dude on the green tiger? Was there a crash or did he pass from natural causes?
    Chillis likes this.
  12. HandCanonShootr

HandCanonShootr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="MidlifePanic, post: 41071516, member:

Also was curious what happened to the dude on the green tiger? Was there a crash or did he pass from natural causes?[/QUOTE]

We met Alan at the Red Pill Rally. Nice sharp guy. Word was that he never made it home. Taken out by a cage that never saw him. Crossed the highway in front of him.

Mike B

Ps: Joel as always a great RR, you made me wish I had not turned South at the Lolo Pass. Great riding with you
  13. rjnutt

rjnutt Desert tortoise

Oddometer:
    Great report as usual Kuya!
    NSFW likes this.
  14. MidlifePanic

MidlifePanic Been here awhile

Oddometer:

We met Alan at the Red Pill Rally. Nice sharp guy. Word was that he never made it home. Taken out by a cage that never saw him. Crossed the highway in front of him.

Mike B

Ps: Joel as always a great RR, you made me wish I had not turned South at the Lolo Pass. Great riding with you[/QUOTE]
    Cage?
  15. Mofrid

Mofrid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE Cage? [/QUOTE]

Car or truck
  16. Some Beach

Some Beach Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great RR Joel, looking forward to our next ride!
  17. Geezerguy

Geezerguy In the shadows

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a great write up and pics of your escape. It was an escape for me too, just not as fun as it was for you.
  18. NSFW

Oddometer:

thank you all for the kind replies and good to hear you enjoyed the RR. sharing my travels means a lot to me because i want to inspire or motivate others to do the same. here in this forum, i really believe we have a great community and want to contribute whatever i can.

i was wrong, thinking 8 weeks was enough to outlast the pandemic. tougher times will remain and wish everyone to take care. we do our part but don't stop living.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/alan-beck-aka-duckworth-has-been-killed-in-a-crash.1454551/

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/motorcyclist-killed-on-u-s-24-in-wabash-county/
    Geezerguy and dondesmo like this.
  19. davidaid

davidaid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just popping in to say I enjoyed the read, as well. Living in the area you rode, I really need to get out more!
  20. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    What a great trip ! Thanks for doing all the work to post it up and let us tag along. I really enjoyed the parts where you explored in my neck of the woods,(northern idaho and the surrounds) as well as your insights to all the places you visited.. :1drink