Nova Scotia or Bust!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Keithag65, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Retired 18Z

Retired 18Z Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Enjoying your trip report! We may have crossed paths! We started our ride from Standish Maine around Nova Scotia and parts of New England on Sept. 11th!
  2. Jim K.

Jim K. Long timer

Oddometer:
    You have no idea how rare it is to see Louisbourg on a sunny clear day! That corner of Cape Breton Is. is where they make all the fog & export it to the rest of the world.
    Allagash and Fordfixer like this.
  3. Allagash

Allagash Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Leaving from Portland ME toward NS on Monday. Thanks SO much for posting this. Terrific pictures and I really appreciate the maps showing your daily progress. Very helpful 'cuz I don't know how far I'm likely to get on any given day. I liked the pace of your trip - unhurried. Awesome ride report!
    Keithag65 likes this.
  4. GF-kam

GF-kam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Terrific photos. Enjoyed the ride report. Thanks.
  5. Allagash

Allagash Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haven't posted a ride report yet, but I did complete the 2000 mile round trip from Portland, Maine to Meat Cove to Digby, NS and back to Portland, ME last week. Really found your trip report helpful. Thanks for the details and the inspiration! My general route is outlined in the screenshot below. Amazing trip. Super, super nice people and beautiful scenery. I would do it again tomorrow. Screenshot_20190716-103353.png
    Joeboblglt likes this.
  6. GF-kam

GF-kam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Allagash,

I noticed your ADV handle shows Falls Church, VA. I am in Great Falls, VA. I've been doing some last minute research on Maritime myself to escape this heat. Looking at Nova Scotia mostly. How was the weather? Did you bypass the eastern corridor ( I-95 ) and cut inland for VA? How many days did you take off? Discover any great places and accommodations?

Let me know if you have another place on ADV you plan to post some preliminary ride report / photos. I don't want to hijack this post. You can always shoot me a PM.

Kam
    Joeboblglt likes this.