NS/NB/PEI Adv Riders roll call!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TimeZone, Jul 23, 2019.

1. RogerRZ

RogerRZ What could possibly go wrong?

Oddometer:
    From North of Moncton, riding a Super Tenere that likes to nap a lot. Going to the F.A.R this week, I'll be the hillbilly with the converted cubevan cabover hauling a travel trailer. This year, we're going as "Team Gold Forks". I'll be there holding back a few Africa Twins. They hold me back on IBA rides, so it's all good. :-)
  2. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Getting ready for rd 2 of the NBDRA Hare Scramble series.
    Northern_Rider777 likes this.
  3. Northern_Rider777

Northern_Rider777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ontario, Guelph lately, but I grew up in Burlington, you?

I need to come to Halifax sometime soon, and plan on making it out to Cape Breton this weekend. I feel like once I am out there, it will be tempting to take the ferry to Newfoundland.
  4. Millwright98

Millwright98 Share the love, leave the dirt in the garden.

Oddometer:

Caledonia / Cayuga boy originally.... :beer
  5. rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder redemption gypsy

Oddometer:
    Hmm another maritime sound off thread... :-)
    Our little group is out of Sackville / Moncton NB Zone and ride plan out of

https://nbdsc.ca/forum/

I have a a klr 650 and wr250r in the stable...

A little update for the harder core adventures in the group...

Just landed back from a KLR 650 / 4day /three nite/ camp off the bike excursion to Cape Breton... only had one OSM trail selected that was totally over grown with forest .. and two bridges in state of repair... { Bridge 1 bike doable using the near by wooden guard rail offerings /planks to the bridge new deck...... second bridge on the highlands we had to navigate around.... ravine was just too deep to consider a group effort to traverse through}. Without a bullet proof skid plate on the highlands any KLR would have big "problems" due to the large aggregate on steep washed out hills .

NOTE: contrary to the internet... there is no fuel being served at Wreck Cove general Store .{ when coming off Highlands road from Margaree Valley /Cape Clear zone to Wreck Cove.} I sent a request to the fuel locator web site to take down the wreck Cove fuel option as some of the smaller cc bike tanks in our group cut it close going much further south for fuel.:augie

safe riding out there...

Bill

plank walk.JPG no go bridge.JPG View attachment 1847778

Attached Files:

Millwright98, CanadianX and TimeZone like this.
  6. Al in NB

Al in NB A Proud 99%er

Oddometer:
    From Saint John NB, currently riding a Suzuki Marauder after selling my DR650. Now my solo hobby has turned into many drives with my wife and I can't say that it was a mistake as we have come to enjoy the drives around southern NB looking for the perfect ice cream cone. Cheers

Attached Files:

Maggot12 likes this.
  7. fredgreen

fredgreen let's take it apart....

Oddometer:
    Just rode the new provincial park road from St Martins along the coast. Simply stunning!
  8. bluenoser

bluenoser I'z da by that gets da UI

Oddometer:
    Currently in Bedford, but will most likely be in Truro area by next spring.
    Ride a R1200GSW and a S1000RR.
    TimeZone likes this.
  9. rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder redemption gypsy

Oddometer:
    Yes.. that was me ... How did you make out with the WRs chain on the ride home that day... any carnage to the swingarm?
    I made a NYLON chain slider.. and the WR in the stable here is even trying to consume that.... :eek7
  10. Kawazacky

Kawazacky Mad Typist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Made it home. Swingarm was pretty chewed up, had it welded and the welder also messed it up, as did the machinist who was supposed to fix the welder's mistake ...
  11. Uncle Brad

Uncle Brad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Uncle Brad here. Or some call me UB. I've covered a fair amount of Southern NB, Gaspe, Western NFLD, Ecuador, Baja. There are a couple KTM's (450/950) in the back of the garage that were put there by the new to me 2005 DR650. The DR is a great all around bike. A bunch of us bought them after the ride in Ecuador. We started a group called Jimmay's Budget Adventures. There were 10 us that went to NFLD this year. Here's MP5's ride report which CandianX referred to earlier i believe. Others are correct in that RPB is keeping NBDSC alive. It had blossomed a few years ago following along in NSDSC footsteps. However FB reared is hideous head and now it's a little quiet on NBDSC. In the past i had hosted a few rides and have had between 50 and 70 riders showing up. One rider that showed up was Rob Harris. For any of you that got to meet Rob, I'm sure you'll agree he is greatly missed. After getting to know Rob, he thought it might be a good idea to start a rally around the Fundy area. After a couple years scouting with him, the Fundy Adventure Rally was born. I'm looking forward to retiring soon and want to get more miles on the DR. So...who wants to go to Anticosti? :hmmmmm
  12. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Missed you at FAR this year Brad! Definitely should get together sometime for a dirty, Enduro bike ride. My GasGas is looking to chew some NB dirt!
    Uncle Brad likes this.
  13. Uncle Brad

Uncle Brad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We had a once in a lifetime offer to go to Sable Island otherwise, we wanted to run this years FAR. Hopefully someone will pick up the torch. By next year, i hope to be retired and can help out with anyone that is willing to take it on...unless it actually moves to NS.
  14. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    Hartsville hare scramble, PEI. Inaugural event that will become part of the points series next year. Love that the series is growing and I'm really enjoying getting out and racing.
  15. NS-Strom

NS-Strom n00b

Oddometer:
    2019 Strom 650 rider here. HAlifax area. hit me up if you want to go for a ride
    TimeZone likes this.
  16. Speedy McJesus

Speedy McJesus Poor decision making followed by poor execution.

Oddometer:
    Hey NS-strom what is your level of idiotic on your rides are you more of a fireroad kinda guy or I don't mind getting full of mud hauling you threw that big hole kinda guy?
    NS-Strom likes this.
  17. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    Last race of the season. Riverglade MX track played host to round 4 of the NBDRA series. Already looking forward to next year's series. Now have the fall to put some hours on the bike before the snow. Racing has been eye opening and really highlighted areas where I need to focus on skill development, mostly those skills found from A-Z :lol3.
    [​IMG]
  18. NS-Strom

NS-Strom n00b

Oddometer:
    for now im a fire road guy, im up for a challenge but need to figure out how to install the fender riser kit i just got so that the tire i have installed doesnt tear the hell out of the fender if it picks up a rock.
    planning on building a sketchy ramp and ratchet strap the bike to the rafters of my garage so i can remove front tire lol.
  19. Millwright98

Millwright98 Share the love, leave the dirt in the garden.

Oddometer:
    @NS-Strom .. I'm just east of Dartmouth, Lake Echo area... have a lift table in my shop and all other required tools, if you're in a pinch...get in touch!

Cheers!
    NS-Strom likes this.
  20. NS-Strom

NS-Strom n00b

Oddometer:
    got er done. many thanks for the offer.
    Millwright98 likes this.