NW Arizona route question - Kingman to 93 via dirt

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Codewheeney, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Callipygian Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hoping someone can help me rattle some information out of my brain. Sometime more than 10 years ago (when I still lived in Tempe), I did a route from Kingman to 93 that was dirt roads. I want to say I went south a bit on I-40 before grabbing the road, and it started out really straight. There wasn't a ton of elevation gain, if I remember correctly, and it got just a bit twisty closer to 93.

It was doable on a loaded big GS, and I'm trying to hit it next weekend if I can, but looking at maps, I can't quite convince myself of the route.

I don't *think* it was Hualapai Mountain road. Does that even go all the way over the mountains?

Maybe it was 15 and 137 through the ghost town of Signal? Does that route seem doable on a couple of R1200GSes with old dudes of questionable judgement aboard?
    wbbnm likes this.
  2. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did a lot of looking into this for a trip we were planning for last spring. I created a thread with a similar title to yours, except we wanted to go all the way to Seligman, and got a few decent suggestions.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/kingman-to-seligman-by-dirt.1430052/

I ended up planning to ride due east out of Kingman and then cutting south and crossing I-40 and continuing on ranch roads nearly all the way to Seligman. We would have crossed 93 early on.
    We never did the trip because of all the covid shutdowns.

I attached our trip planning track below. But I repeat I have not ridden this. At least one guy in my thread says he has ridden it successfully.

Attached Files:

3. Codewheeney

Oddometer:
    Cool, thanks!
  4. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    South on 40 a bit to Signal? Not much elevation?

Sounds like 15 and 137 to me.

Your memory is intact!
    Codewheeney likes this.
  5. Codewheeney

Oddometer:
    Sure alcohol kills brain cells, but only the weak ones.

Thanks for the confirmation
    RidgelineRider and Chillis like this.
  6. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover Supporter

Oddometer:
    If u take Anvil rock Rd South from the 40 then vire west on Sand Stone Rd u can somehow catch Trout Creek Rd. The latter have an elevation then down the mountain on the other side all the way west to 93 done that many times ( from Trout Creek Rd to 93 that is). Don't do it when it's raining & muddy unless u mud is your forte.
  7. Codewheeney

Oddometer:
    Another option, thanks Eddy. Approaching 93 from the east. I think I did Anvil Rock road once before.
    DR650SEDDY likes this.
  8. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover Supporter

Oddometer:
    On Signal Rd (137) to connect to 15, it's so much fun, that's from 2 years ago going to Laughlin.