12/22/09 Well today I started working on the DRZ in earnest. HERE are a few pictures and a report of the work in progress. In preparation of my bar risers I removed the bar clamps from my bars. Then noticed how bad they looked. As they are original equipment they were badly scratched badly and had a lot of rust on them. So I stripped off the throttle body, the front brake lever and reservoir, clutch perch and lever, and switch bodies. Next I sanded the bars to a nice shiny steel finish. I am going to keep the bars as I like the width and bend but I needed new grips. I had already cut the clutch side grip off and started to cut off the throttle body grip but ended up breaking the plastic throttle body in the process...grrrr. So, I ordered a newer/better throttle body and will have to wait until it gets here now. The DRZ tank has been shipped from Thumper Talk and is in route. The XR tank has to be produced as they are out of stock at the moment. It feels great to be finally working towards our goal!