Nwgs Jeep'n Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by nwgs, May 20, 2007.

1. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not bad at all on the fender flares. Took about an hour for all four including removal of the stock fenders. The inner fender liners took forever and a lot of swearing to get in place. Do it all at once rather than the way I did it and it should go a lot faster and smoother.
  2. SKT

SKT Long timer

Oddometer:
    84659CE6-994A-4808-9884-A12092FCF742.jpeg
    Rickjameswr and XT Traveler like this.
  3. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Im not saying it right but mine leaks too. The first time I took it in the service manager said They leak you can let it drive you crazy or you can enjoy your jeep, its not hurting anything. And it never bothered me again, Mine puddles in the passenger floor mat.
  4. DyrWolf

Oddometer:
  5. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer:
    WTF?
    Looks like an industrial tote fell on the road and puked on that jeep.
    Edit: I hope that's not paint :uhoh
  7. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even better, it's paint for the road.
    A 300 gallon tote of it that fell off a paint truck. That shit ain't EVER coming off.
    Devil Dog likes this.
  8. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool. Just replace the windows and keep driving. No more waxing.
  9. 2twisted

2twisted NRTHJSTNRTH

Oddometer:
    Couple pics from Northern Maine. 20191005_150612.jpg 20191006_133356.jpg
    ACR, Deuce, jconli1 and 5 others like this.
  10. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sure, I could do that. But I find the thought of having to wear a rain jacket IN the car every time it rains to keep my left arm from getting wet stupid on a car I spent nearly $30k for.

Let me give you an example of how stupid the service people are at my dealer. I specifically told them--and they noted it on the service request--that water was coming in from the top of the door and flowing down onto my left arm. The moron who did the service said he did a water test and the water was coming in from the bottom of the door so he replaced the weather stripping along the bottom of the door. Now maybe in their world water goes uphill, but not in mine.
    WVhillbilly likes this.
  11. DyrWolf

Oddometer:
    Oh mines not like that maybe a cup or 2 on the passenger floor mat after a hard rain. Nothing on the seats or anything. Good luck
  12. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Look closely at the door seal where it touches the base of the windshield. The edge of the frame is not flat there and the door seal can't conform to it. The water crosses over to the inside of the door seal there and follows it down to the bottom of the door. Get a small bulb seal strip and put it on the door frame where the seal tries to touch. OR a new updated door seal.
    DyrWolf likes this.
  13. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    All of those seals were replaced on my wife's Jeep.
    More than once.
    Header seal, all doors, still leaked.
  14. Kevm

Kevm Eternal Optimist

Oddometer:
    Did you compare it to another version of the same year/type to see if there was a defect they were missing?

Bottom line you guys are right it SHOULDN'T do that and it's bs to say "it's a Jeep" or they "all do that" cause they just plain don't.
    Carlo Muro likes this.
  15. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target

Oddometer:
    Mine leaks no matter what. It also leaks from above my head.

Then again, I dont have doors..... or a top so I suppose I should expect that?

:dunno
    Carlo Muro and mazeppa like this.
  16. jconli1

jconli1 from the land of pleasant living... Supporter

Oddometer:
    First snow in the Cascades on Tuesday, and I had the day off... good chance to get out and see how the new JLU behaves in the snow (only had AWD cars in the past). Further up it was about a foot deep - did great on stock wheels/tires. (I realize it's uncool not to lift and enplumpen out of the gate - but pretty happy as is)

48873993391_2fa0616f84_k.jpg

48873993566_9a6c4d77b5_k.jpg

Glamour shot yesterday after some melt and clearing... I love this thing.

LRM_EXPORT_59326752040387_20191011_170109605.jpeg
    ACR, mazeppa, KF7GTH and 5 others like this.
  17. UtahGuido

UtahGuido Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does it have LED headlights and if so did they get coated over with snow? Just wondering. I have LEDs on my 2017 and they do.

And I don’t thing there’s any need to go the steroid route with your Jeep unless you really want to crawl over some boulders

And...congrats on the new ride. :beer
    jconli1 and Kevm like this.
  18. Kevm

Kevm Eternal Optimist

Oddometer:
    ∆∆∆ this

I don't rock crawl, I'm sandy trails, beaches, and dunes. So no lift for me.

I'm especially amused by all the soccer moms in pristine lifted Rubis in my neighborhood.
    jconli1 likes this.
  19. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I want to know how the soft top performs in cold climates. I live where it gets subzero, like the soft top and don't have the room or desire to mess with two tops.
    jconli1 likes this.
  20. jconli1

jconli1 from the land of pleasant living... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nah, just the base halogens, also went with halogen for my aux lights - love the simplicity and serviceability and snow melts right off.

NF roads, rocky trails, and snow is where this usually lives... haven't run into a clearance issue yet, though I could see retrofitting a Rubicon suspension at some point for better damping (plenty of cheap take-offs always available). Not a lot of true crawling to be done, at least on this side of the state. Been averaging ~22mpg also, so a nice perk.

I was originally set on finding a hardtop... this one had everything else I wanted, though (base Sport, V6, auto, tow, LSD, tint, XM - oddly hard to find that configuration). Glad it worked out that way, the new top system is really simple and quick to remove and put back on. Has some wind noise but not much, coldest I've had it was 20F so far seemed to hold heat just fine. I do miss a rear wiper in heavy rain/snow, but it's not a deal breaker. My big concern was the dogs damaging or pushing against the plastic windows from inside, but I put in a cargo net from DirtyDog that does a great job as a barrier.