Nwgs Jeep'n Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by nwgs, May 20, 2007.

1. SKT

SKT Long timer

Oddometer:
    B6B92C94-9C52-4371-9C0B-5374038D7932.jpeg
    DyrWolf, poppawheelie and hmmngwy like this.
  2. kanur

kanur cu new er

Oddometer:
    Unpacked some goodies for my TJ today. IMG_2082[1].JPG
  3. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
  4. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jesus
  5. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target

Oddometer:
    OConnor, WVhillbilly and Colemanfu like this.
  6. SKT

SKT Long timer

Oddometer:
    4AD97AAA-86BC-489C-A25D-A1328E7B4B70.jpeg B65EC144-C76F-437B-9382-B5E44DAA8A52.jpeg
    DyrWolf, Carlo Muro and 2whlrcr like this.
  7. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Change is on the horizon... my wife N-E-V-E-R wants to go in our Wrangler with the top down, or the windows out and doors off.... so it’s essentially a small car. And we never go off road. So 99 out of 100 drives, we take the new-to-me Grand Cherokee, which is like a 4x4 Cadillac.

Sadly, I can’t rationalize keeping it for just me to drive... it has effectively become a 4x4 moto. If I go alone, I can take a moto, or the Wrangler with the doors off and windows out/top down... fair weather only. The goal is to pickup a truck bed camper of high quality, and the required pickup.

Gobi rack is not installed, will include. Will put a post here when it’s actually in the Flea Market.

1428898A-A77D-46E9-AB91-C6278692BD2C.jpeg E5C35460-D635-48B7-9B99-F4FCFFE7390E.jpeg
    DyrWolf, Carlo Muro and SKT like this.
  8. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I would post the wife in the flea market, not the Jeep.:1drink
  9. SKT

SKT Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. Ziamon

Ziamon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Probably get the Jeep sold long before the other.
  11. Carlo Muro

Carlo Muro Herr Schadenfreude

Oddometer:
    If your wife’s rack is as pretty as that Gobi I’d keep her around
  12. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My gobi rack is way quieter than my ex wife. I made the right call when faced with a similar dilemma.
  13. SKT

SKT Long timer

Oddometer:
    457A7D6A-5E4F-4AAF-9257-B1E767B4D4F7.jpeg
    Rickjameswr likes this.
  14. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    My drag car was quieter than my ex wife.
    SilentRay, henpecked, DyrWolf and 2 others like this.
  15. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My wife rarely rides in the Jeep so normally its me and the dogs. Has anyone removed the backrest on the passenger seat on a jk. Not the headrest or backseat but the backrest. I think if I removed it I could cut a piece of plywood and sleep in a 2d. Don’t want to take the seat out and mess with sensors
  16. Stravoxylo

Stravoxylo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not exactly the information that you asked, but I've had the back seat of my 2015 2dr JK out almost since new. No sensors involved.
    Edit:
    For the front seat, I'd consider a used wrecking yard seat to experiment with. Or just disconnect any wiring and see what happens.

Attached Files:

17. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    At least it has stock JLU breakover angles now!

Love the idea of that truck but it would take a lot of work to get it to a very capable level.

Can't imagine what those Jude wheels and tires would do to those axles in the dirt. Hope the owner likes the letter U.
  18. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target

Oddometer:
    Thats a bummer. I can see why you would get rid of it though

My wife only will ride in my Jeep if its fairly warm but when it is, she is down to go. She is so short though that I have to grab the Thomas the Train stool from the bathroom so she can get in. once she is in, her legs dangle so Thomas the Train stool goes under her feet while riding too

:lol3
    Barry likes this.
  19. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a little jeep project I've been working on a couple years now. 1951 Willys CJ3a I pulled out of a field as a mostly original non runner. The first summer I rebuilt the t90 and d18, redid the brakes, and got the wiring mostly patched together for a 70yo harness and just drove it around for a summer. Last summer got the suspension, tires, and wheels sorted and a windshield on it while trying to get the carb sorted and all the gauges working.

[​IMG]

Currently I'm working on a 12v conversion with a 1 wire GM alternator and building my own wiring harness from scratch. I bought a kit but the mounting bracket for the alternator was garbage so I made my own.
    [​IMG]

Fan clearance and belt alignment is sub optimal but maybe it'll work. If it eats belts I have some options but hopefully the way it is won't cause issues.

[​IMG]

after that is taken care of I'm going to do some chassis reinforcement tube work with a tasteful roll bar and have some vintage cloth low back bucket's I scored off CL. I also talked Novak conversions to making a run of their deprecated L134 to late dodge NP435 adapter. So instead of the POS t90 three speed which is only synchronized in 2nd and 3rd I'll have a 6.68 granny first which is unsynchronized but 2-4th are sync'ed and the ratios match up almost exactly to a t90c which has a slightly deeper 1st than the stock t90a.

My favorite thing to do with it so far is to park it next to it's great great great grand children just so they know to get off it's lawn.
    [​IMG]

Final plan is to adapt FI from either edelbrock for a AMC 4.0 or some GM TBI setup for a 4cyl s10 and saginaw manual steering then drive it till we run out of hydrocarbons. I've toyed with the idea of doing a rear mount external turbo exiting over the driver side "running board" but that will probably murder the engine that in it so i'll need to start building a L134 that can handle low boost which will be $$$$$$$. They are very expensive low performance heavy engines but I'm committed to the flat fender having a flat head 4cyl
    mazeppa, henpecked, OConnor and 3 others like this.
  20. Import

Import Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is that a socket your using as a spacer?