NX250 Thread -- official ADV owners manual

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by valvecrusher, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Spurlock

Spurlock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's news to me. If you get a chance I would still like to see a picture of the area using a mirror to see the surrounding area. It must be late there, sleep well!

-Bill
  2. DietcokeAni

DietcokeAni Annette

Oddometer:
    Air filters for NX250 are readily available from Filtro (which is sold by most of the motorcycle stores) and costs 20 euros or so. Fits perfectly and no modification needed.

Does anyone have a US link for the air filter? When I google it, I get very different images. If I put in the specific bike, it'll say that it won't fit and is an exact fit. Is there something weird about these air filters????

Anything I should know before buying tire tubes? I'm not familiar with them.

PS....The Bandit rear shock works great, the 58 fork boots fit perfectly, and fresh fork oil with working seals does wonders for the ride. LOL
    valvecrusher likes this.
  3. Spurlock

Spurlock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Partzilla lists the OEM Honda filter as available here: https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/17210-KW3-000?ref=8779aa53a1271e8d307c4426d729fe8adafaef10

Also there are a couple of aftermarket ones from US vendors on ebay, just do a search by part number -
    17210-KW3-000. They are probably the Filtro brand which unless they have redesigned them do not fit without a bit of filing on one of the screw holes.

-Bill
  4. NobeyamaGP

NobeyamaGP Nerdy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I tried ordering the OEM filter through Partzilla a couple of weeks ago. Within minutes of ordering, I was sent a followup email saying the filter was no longer available and the next day my card was refunded the cost of the filter.
  5. Spurlock

Spurlock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Darn, thanks for the heads up. CMSNL list the OEM as available and their listings are usually more up to date:
    https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nx250-1...el1095/element-airc_17210kw3000/#.W-7z1zhKj3g

-Bill
  6. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, while changing out my wheels for larger ones I noticed that my drive shaft splines are worn to almost sharp peaks. 90% of the material seems to be missing.
    I guess the engine is coming off again :/

Any ideas why this would happen?
    My guess is that cush drive rubber hardened putting more strain on the splines. The engine has 78k km.
  7. PTC

PTC Turd polisher

Oddometer:
    lotsa wheelies and/or dis similar/harder sprocket will do it.
  8. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As far as I know JTSprocket was used and I am using it at the moment. It is supposed to be a good brand. I guess that a lot of offroad riding bybprevious owner might be the cause but I would still like to know how to prevent it. I do have one good shaft from other engine and I do not want to ruin that one.
  9. valvecrusher

valvecrusher tractus pro pensio™

Oddometer:
    paging @scrambler66 to the white phone

Arescec needs to know about the 'good' JT sprocket vs. the 'bad' JT sprocket....

Here is the short version arescec, the original JT sprocket for the NX250 is too thin, and the sprocket wobbles side to side, hammering the spline ends.

It's been covered in the thread several times, but it's no bother.
    The better choice is the XR250R sprocket of the correct vintage..(which i cannot recall at the moment)..

The BEST choice is OEM Honda with it's cute green dampener ring, imho
    PTC likes this.
  10. PTC

PTC Turd polisher

Oddometer:
    If I can remember, I’m going to have the hardness of the stock and the jt checked. I’m sure the hardness has something to do with it as well.
  11. scrambler66

scrambler66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's not a common problem with the NX250 (actually never heard of, so pics would be nice). Using the thicker CRF250L sprocket is a good idea anyway, expecting less wear http://forum.nx250.de/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=377
    arescec likes this.
  12. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here goes the pic:
    IMG_20181117_111226.jpg
    DietcokeAni likes this.
  13. DietcokeAni

DietcokeAni Annette

Oddometer:
    I sent for 2 from China off eBay. I'll let you know if they work. The photo is the same on all that I saw, but prices ranged from $8-$45. We shall see. One thing I did notice is that when I google the part number, lots of places say they have it until you get to checkout.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/382480962426
    valvecrusher likes this.
  14. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I still consider CMNSL fishy because they are not stating which parts are OEM and which are not.
    Even their description says that they are not OEM only which is probably the reason why they have most parts that are out of stock otherwise:

"OEM and Aftermarket Motorcycle Parts for Classic Bikes, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, ... If you are searching for parts for a better ride, look no further."
    "CMS has the largest collection aftermarket Honda parts and other vehicles. We have proven reliability when it comes aftermarket Honda spare parts."

So I would guess that your filter has the same image on eBay and CMNSL because it is the same filter. I even think mine (which came from filtro) has the same lettering and appearance.
    DietcokeAni likes this.
  15. Spurlock

Spurlock Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought an NX250 air filter from CMSNL and it was genuine Honda in Honda packaging, but that was over a year ago. Not sure what they have in stock now, but whenever I have ordered aftermarket parts from them they were always specifically labelled as being aftermarket, not OEM.

-Bill
    DietcokeAni likes this.
  16. phille87

phille87 n00b

Oddometer:
    Guys, I have removed all the plastics on the bike and noticed that some of the bolts and the bolt clips are missing.

Do anybody have a good alternative to fit the plastics? Are the oem bolt clips even buyable?
  17. Spurlock

Spurlock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure what exactly is broken/missing on yours, but usually it is the molded-in tabs that are part of the fairings that break off. The bolts and rubber well nuts should still be abailable from Honda, but the broken tabs have to be repaired or new bolt-on ones fabricated. Here are a couple of repair scenarios:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/nx250-thread-official-adv-owners-manual.322268/page-511#post-30403759

https://advrider.com/f/threads/nx250-thread-official-adv-owners-manual.322268/page-529#post-31192951

Hope this helps.

-Bill
  18. arescec

arescec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you have rubber grommets missing I have a set of them on their way from AliExpress. Should be here any day now so I will report on fit and quality. Honda ones are about 10USD a piece which is quite expensive.
    Also, be happy that you are only missing some - mine is missing ALL of them :/
  19. DietcokeAni

DietcokeAni Annette

Oddometer:
    Yeah. Most of mine have been replaced with various combinations of carpentry screws, nuts and bolts. And zip ties. Let's not forget the zip ties and plastic string. My black 250 (the one spay painted, vs the one plasti-dipped:jack) is a frankenbike. But....it runs like a charm!
  20. Kolb Driver

Kolb Driver Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

DietcokeAni likes this.