1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

NX250 Thread -- official ADV owners manual

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by valvecrusher, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mattmacklind

mattmacklind Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I used the Vee Rubber VRM-163 inthe front in 90/100-19, and the Duro Median (HF904) in 130/90-16 for the rear which is the common tire for these bikes it seems, its also what I replaced. Sounds like the AX41 might be a good way to go and it looks like the front size is available now. It looks like it has a heavy off road bias. You might also look at the Kenda K760 Trakmaster 2 in 100/90-19 for the front but I think the front fender on the NX interferes with the tire some.
    RebelYell likes this.
  2. Zic00

Zic00 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. Too Old for This

Too Old for This Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got mine from Ebay. White and blue were available. Didn't include lights but around $235 ish. Had to drill another small hole in muffler side cover, didn't line up with pin, but that was it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-Plastic-Fairing-Cowl-Bodywork-Kit-Set-for-Honda-AX-1-Sports-Traverse-White/181402074037?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-Honda-AX-1-Sports-Traverse-Blue-ABS-Plastic-Fairing-Cowl-Bodywork-Kit-Set/181402100235?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
  4. Too Old for This

Oddometer:
  5. DietcokeAni

DietcokeAni Annette

Oddometer:
    One can only dream!!!!
  6. scrambler66

scrambler66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    and hope with some justification :-)

Thats what Bridgestone announced last year about the AX41 and since they discontinued the old TW40/TW39 the AX41 would fill the gap.

[​IMG]

I already tried the AX41 in 100/90-19 earlier this year and its one of the best dual purpose tires I've ever had.

[​IMG]
    DietcokeAni likes this.
  7. Citronodlaren

Citronodlaren Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My NX250 run on 21" 80/90 front. It is tight between tire and the girdle between the fork legs so not all tires would fit. Have an Heidenau now. Thinking of swapping to the original 19" wheel that also came with the bike. Its now fitted with a worn out 90/100 tire. Thinking of fitting 90/100 19" Bridgestone on that wheel. Want skinniest possible tire, drive mostly on loose gravel, bu have not found any skinnier.
    I also have a question I would like to ask, the old measure 2,75 and 3,00, how do they fit in with modern rims?
  8. petros600

petros600 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking for front/rear sprockets, any advice from where I can order them?
  9. scrambler66

Oddometer:
    The 2.75 and 3.00 may be used on a 1.60'' rim, according to this tire manual. But they have a larger diameter than a 80/90-21.

[​IMG]
  10. scrambler66

Oddometer:
  11. helloish12321

helloish12321 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I took off my right engine cover to investigate my clutch issues. Here is an update.

I ordered a cheap $12 clutch cable from ebay listed specifically for the NX250. The bend at the engine side of the cable didnt match the OEM one. after bending it to a similar shape, the new cable ended up 1cm longer than the old OEM. So be aware if you are looking for a replacement cable.

Once the cover was off I could clearly read the number on the bearing. Both bearings are NTN HK1210 drawn cup needle bearings. I ordered two of them online

*One thing to note* The bottom bearing is near impossible to remove. After trying it myself, I decided to take the right cover to a machine shop to see what they could do. The guy who helped me told me he works on motorcycles and ATVs in his spare time and this was the hardest one to get out he has seen.
    Everything we tried was unsuccessful minus milling the hole out. While trying to get the bearing out myself I ended up destroying the top lip of the cup so there was not much to grab on. If you are trying to do this, punch the cage out and then find a tap that fits perfectly to grab that lip and then fashion a slide hammer to pull it out. Basically unless you absolutely need to, you better leave it alone.

I am going to try to carefully cut the bearing out with some 3 inch shank dremel grinding stones. If that doesnt' work I will have to find a new cover :(:
    DietcokeAni likes this.
  12. Too Old for This

Oddometer:
    That sucks, good luck with the extraction.
    Haven't seen that bearing set up but I have taken used outer race and run the outside of it on a belt sander so it slides through and used that to drive out the old bearing. There are also blind hole bearing pullers, I used one to remove the inner cam bearings on two Harley twin cam engines.
  13. petros600

petros600 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. Spurlock

Spurlock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's the link to the JT sprockets catalog page for the NX250 . Just search ebay for the part number and they'll pop up.

-Bill
  15. Zic00

Zic00 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. DietcokeAni

DietcokeAni Annette

Oddometer:
    Thats what I did for sprockets. Came up with:
    Front JTF1321-13
    Rear JTR245/2.41
  17. Too Old for This

Oddometer:
    Took some time to hammer these out especially because it's stainless steel.
    You don't necessarily need as much steel as I used. Don't know of any bracket available online.

Attached Files:

18. petros600

petros600 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any recommendations for a chain?

19. scrambler66

Oddometer:
    jimmatas, travial, RebelYell and 3 others like this.
  20. PTC

PTC Turd polisher

Oddometer:
    Excellent work!
    Thanks for sharing with us @scrambler66
    travial likes this.